What's The Real Problem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Real Problem?

What's the Real Problem?

• It's everything. A total rebuild, from top to bottom is needed.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Adam Gase. In year three the offense is still putrid.

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
The last two weeks have been absolutely brutal for Miami. First, New England absolutely dominates the Dolphins in every phase of the game. Then Miami blows a 17-0 lead in a game that was there for the taking. At 3-2, Miami obviously has a chance to do some damage this year. But man does the offense look putrid. I do like some things on defense and the speed with guys like Wilson, Grant, Stills and Drake.

Trying to gauge the pulse here a bit. What do you all see as the major problem, or is it just a matter of riding out the slump?

Personally, I think it's the offensive line. It looked pretty formidable in the opener when Josh Sitton was healthy. For whatever reason, Miami always seems to have trouble putting together a good unit when it comes to the offensive line.

Lots of talk about Ryan Tannehill and the last two games, ouch. But, Dan Marino didn't win with a one-dimensional offense and he was one of the best to ever play the game. Not excusing Tannehill. Maybe he is part of the problem.

And then there's Adam Gase. I want so badly to believe he's the guy, yet here we are in year three and the offense is still a work in progress at best and awful most of the time.

So, what's the real problem?

It's everything, with one caveat - the defense has been suprisingly good this year. The Fins have some nice foundational pieces on D (Minkah, Baker, Xavien, Godchaux/Taylor).

That being said, burn the whole **** show up, starting at the top with Tannenbaum. He can pack his bags and bring Grier, Gase, and the majority of the scouting department with them. It's absolutely criminal what these lifeless weasels have done to this franchise, and it's gone on far too long.

We have Mister Magoo as the owner, so I have absolutely zero faith that he would do the right thing with a total rebuild, or even know how to do it "right." I wish he'd sell the team...

You know, I see quite a few players on the roster that I really like. The problem is ON THE FIELD, IMO (minus the stupid contracts (Tannebaum?) & what's NOT on the field (better OL, back-up/prospect QB). Sooooooooo... if I'm running the Fins, I may keep GRIER (liking several players he has brought in, if he was actually the one doing the shopping), gut Tannebaum & get someone in here that knows how to construct contracts PROPERLY (I heard there's this woman who does great things with the cap...APONTE maybe, HaHa), then let GRIER hire the coach.

IMO, we blew it by not getting TOM COUGHLIN in here to orchestrate a PROPER rebuild.

HERE WE ARE AGAIN!!!!!! :bang:

Neither of those options. Having zero depth behind our starters is the problem. Having our LG and C go down shouldn’t derail a season, yet here we are.

They’ve refused to address the weakest unit in a meaningful way for three years, always banking on old, broken players.

Only one linemen currently is a legit starter in the nfl and he’s out with a concussion. THe eyebrowless wonder at RT is a solid back up that doesn’t hold up in third and must pass situations. Mack is getting like 5 sacks Sunday.

Problem-Ross, Tannabaum, Scouting Dept. Gase, coaching staff, Tannehill, Oline, Kiko, TJ McDonald, lack of depth at all positions except QB.

Neither. I don't like "real." Gase has assembled some talent and stopped going for the buzz (big $$) players, so he's not bad across the board. BIGGEST problem? Ross as OC. Take an average NFL OC to replace Gase. Would Miami have lost to Cincy? I think not.

The wrong guy bought the team and in turned has hired the wrong people to run the team. It starts at the top. Ross is a great person but when it comes to football he just doesn't know how to hire the right people.

This is exactly it, in every important position we perhaps have the wrong person. Head of player whatever his role is, is a failed former jets GM, he appointed a lame duck GM and below him we've obviously got less than stellar scouts. As much as I want to believe in Gase, It's a sad situation when you bring a HC in for his offensive mind and the weakest part of his team is comfortably his offense. They've topped that off by wedding themselves to a QB that is doing nothing to bail them out.

Back
Top Bottom