When Did You Lose Faith In Gase? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Did You Lose Faith In Gase?

I lost faith in Gase when...

• Total voters

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seems as though most Fin Fans have concluded that Gase needs to go. When did you reach that conclusion?

I raised an eyebrow when he started cutting players in mid-season, as if we had enough depth to fill their roster spots. Fortunately, we made the playoffs that year and he didn't lose the locker room yet.

But I lost all faith when Cutler came onboard and I wanted his head on a stake when we traded Ajayi.

last drive of this last game... 3rd down, you have to trust your QB,.. if not, bench him.....

Never had faith in this guy. He took a team that he didn’t build to the playoffs with a easy schedule. Year 3, this is his team and he will have a losing record. On top of that, his play calling has been **** for 3 years. I see no offensive guru!

Can't say that I had faith. The doubts for me started at some point towards the end of last season.

Concern over Cutler. But after the Pat game this year is when it was over for me. Completely inexcusable. A strong coach would've never let his team show up that soft in a game to show the world that his team is for real. Even if they lose the game, they're gonna fight their ass off. It ended my belief that Gase was a capable coach.

i'd have more respect for the guy if he would've run the "philly special" on 3rd down.. when we punted, did anybody in their right mind think we were winning that game???

I have been on the fence and tried justifying his perceived incompetence on the injuries and other factors but the last two drives of this last game sent me over the edge. He is no offensive guru and he has no creativity. He is never aggressive and has no killer instinct to put a team away. Instead he plays not to lose and ends up on the wrong side when all is said and done. The entire coaching staff needs to go.

When Philbin was hired and described the "explosive, dynamic, high-scoring" offense based on short passes that he wanted to run I was immediately against his hiring. There was nothing about Philbin that I liked; I knew he would fail.

When Gase said that he also prefers an offense based on short passes, I saw him as just another Philbin and was against his hiring too. And, when he publicly admitted that he had to tell his previous OC to remind him to run the ball once in a while because he's rather throw it every down, I knew that he had no business calling plays or being a Head Coach.

You know, being a Dolphins fan really sucks when you had to watch basically the same pathetic offense and defense run by two consecutive inept regimes for seven straight years. Philbin wasn't fired until he was in his 4th year, and that was a terribly long time to wait for a change. Then, when there was finally hope for improvement, Ross goes and hires a Philbin clone in Adam Gase. The sad part is that I think Gase is even more clueless than Philbin! The Football Gods must really hate me!

If I were the owner and asked during the interview what his philosophy is on the QB position and his answer was 'I'm good with Tannehill and Moore.' I would have been: alright, I'll be in touch...

When Philbin was hired and described the "explosive, dynamic, high-scoring" offense based on short passes that he wanted to run I was immediately against his hiring. There was nothing about Philbin that I liked; I knew he would fail.

When Gase said that he also prefers an offense based on short passes, I saw him as just another Philbin and was against his hiring too. And, when he publicly admitted that he had to tell his previous OC to remind him to run the ball once in a while because he's rather throw it every down, I knew that he had no business calling plays or being a Head Coach.

You know, being a Dolphins fan really sucks when you had to watch basically the same pathetic offense and defense run by two consecutive inept regimes for seven straight years. Philbin wasn't fired until he was in his 4th year, and that was a terribly long time to wait for a change. Then, when there was finally hope for improvement, Ross goes and hires a Philbin clone in Adam Gase. The sad part is that I think Gase is even more clueless than Philbin! The Football Gods must really hate me!

Ross is the one hiring these type of men to be our HC. Which means he is looking for the same traits / same style.. which concerns me as will the next HC just be the same...rinse and repeat.

Ross is the one hiring these type of men to be our HC. Which means he is looking for the same traits / same style.. which concerns me as will the next HC just be the same...rinse and repeat.

He wants a high scoring offense, who doesn’t. This short pass = run is crap and those coaches should be sent back down to high school

Back
Top Bottom