When Did You Lose Faith In Gase? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Did You Lose Faith In Gase?

I lost faith in Gase when...

• Total voters
I don't like Gase,but i don't blame him..he just jumped on a head coaching job....I don't have faith in the incompetent
front office that hired him.

I lost faith after Sunday's game.

They played to lose in the 4th quarter. He didn't trust the offense to make a play. Ross needs to do a full rebuild via installing a president that set a culture and find staff, players that fit it.

Totally unimpressed.

I am not a Tannehill lover or hater. He’s decent. He needs help, can’t do it on his own, but decent.

And he played well the other day. Much better than I had expected.

The team won the game. D got several turnovers, good play for much of the game. C’mon, Luck is tough to stop. Yeah, they crumpled, but showed that they can play well.

O was doing well, averaging 5 odd yards. Not great, but plenty good enough to win.

Point is, the coaches once again blew this game, as they did in New England.

I think we are better suited with Tannehill and no Gase than Gase with no Tannehill. But HC #4 won’t do Tannehill any favors.

Personally, I think we’re ****ed for several more years.

When he said he came to Miami because of Tannehill, to "fix" him.

Ross is the one hiring these type of men to be our HC. Which means he is looking for the same traits / same style.. which concerns me as will the next HC just be the same...rinse and repeat.

Which is why Ross needs to hire a a real GM and give that person the power to run the football organization the way he wants. Let him hire the head coach and a scouting department that shares his vision. Ross needs to stay out of making football decisions. Until that happens things won't change. It's been like Groundhog Day ever since Ross has owned the team.

Last edited:
I lost faith after he pushed to sign Jay Cutler and completely obliterating the cap. Not having that $10M carry over hurt the team. I know they went out and signed players during the 2018 F/A signing period, but that extra money may have been helpful in getting a better crop of players, perhaps Teddy Bridgwater? His reliance on former players who are either past their prime or injury prone is perplexing. Gotta cut lose that mentality. He pissed away $10M on a player who looked like, a guy collecting free money.

My option isn't in there and I can't really recall when I completely fell off the wagon but I was very much on the Gase train up until the NE game, I did have concerns on his play calling and his personnel decisions but he was winning games so I thought this was just a sign of him doing things his way which is vindicated by the results.

The NE game though was a complete breakdown in getting your team prepared to play a game. That team on both sides of the ball was not ready for what NE threw at us, it was a wretched performance. Since then my faith has been chipped away at, to a point of right now be totally on board with a change in direction.

I still trust him to turn this thing around, hopefully he makes serious changes in the off season.

Ross keeps hiring cheap first time HC.

The Chiefs on the other hand went out and hired a proven veteran HC to restore their damaged reputation.

His game management has been bad overall. I have complained about it a lot. he can't manage the clock. He really seems to have no idea what he is doing. Sunday was inexcuseable. Everyone knew if we punt the Colts win. He was fine to punt and watch the Colts kick a fg as time expired. We would have been better off throwing a pick 6 on that 3rd and 10 bc we would have at least gotten the ball back.
I hear a lot about how smart Gase is, I don't see it. He does NOT think ahead, he is Horrible with the clock, and managing a game. Sadly, it seems he doesn't even care. He is more worried about staring at his play sheet. I don't know if he even calls plays based on the situation, its almost like he just has a play sheet with calls regardless of down and distance or the clock.

I still trust him, I expect some major changes on offense this offseason.

I think gase should only stay if he gives up playcalling and has a legit plan at QB if not, hit the bricks

Jay Ajayi trade. That was an ego feeding move. Showed his player management skills lacked severely.

Then take a look at our point differential in all the games he has coached. Gase is a dud.

Last edited:
I was on several teams message boards including the Titans, Jets, Steelers, Bills . It was interesting they had the same complaints about their coaches.

The next coach we hire did any of you lose faith in him yet? lol I bet a few of you did.

I still have faith, but the play calling in the colts game shook it. The big thing nobody talks about on here is how Gase exposed our run defense playing against us in 2014. It went downhill after that. He should of known that you can't have light defense ends and no space eaters at the tackles after he ran it down our throat when he was with the Broncos. He ran all over us. Philibn and the defense fell apart after that. He knew we were not built right because he exposed us by adding an extra tackle and running on the phins defense. He shoulda beefed up our d-line Instead we keep pass rushers only on edge, no space eating tackles, and they are always thinkin rush first and they give up large gaps in the line.

That's the one thing Dan Cambell was right about. He told the front office we needed bigger d lines and o lines to compete in afc east. We always get pushed around.

Back
Top Bottom