When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

When will Tebow become a full-time starter?

• Week 3-5

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Week 6-8

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Week 9-12

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Week 12-17

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Not happening!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.

So true, he’s like Bagdad Bob, the Jets aren’t losing by 20 points, they are luring their opponent into a false sense of security. :rolleyes2:

I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.
Bet if the Dolphins got in under those circumstances you would feel differentlyabout the term backing in.

This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.
Junc, this is very true. I dont think I have ever witnessed you stop until the other party gives up. Probably why you have the title "Most Argumentitive" on TGG. :lol:

I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.

If a team is 9-4 and needs one win to make the playoffs but finishes 9-7......yet still gets in b/c another team they were up against for a playoff spot was 8-5 but finished 8-8......that isn't backing in?

Even the athletes and coaches say they hate backing in but are glad they are there. In Juncs world, everything is a moving target hence the current belief of no backing in.

Even the athletes and coaches say they hate backing in but are glad they are there. In Juncs world, everything is a moving target hence the current belief of no backing in.

Well to be fair, in his mind the Jets really won those AFC championship games. You see just like he believs there's no such thing as "backing in", and that the meaning of the words "great and elite", are nothing alike, he also belives that winning and losing are the same thing. It's a sad sickness that often comes along with being a Jet fan, 43 years of nothing will do that to you.

first off, where am I backed into a corner? I have also believed this and always stated this so nothing has changed b/c I was "backed into a corner".

a synonym of elite is also select few, the jets are one of the select few best teams in the league under Rex but b/c you are backed into a corner you are changing the meaning of words.

Bet if the Dolphins got in under those circumstances you would feel differentlyabout the term backing in.

This doesn't have anything to do w/ the Jets, I would say this of any team so if someday Miami loses their last game or 2 and makes it I will say the same thing.

Junc, this is very true. I dont think I have ever witnessed you stop until the other party gives up. Probably why you have the title "Most Argumentitive" on TGG. :lol:

I never give up, I like to argue. You better an air tight case or I will keep coming back at you. You know me by now.

If a team is 9-4 and needs one win to make the playoffs but finishes 9-7......yet still gets in b/c another team they were up against for a playoff spot was 8-5 but finished 8-8......that isn't backing in?

I don't like the phrase "backing in", to me it implies a team doesn't deserve to be in. If a 9-4 team loses their last 3 and still makes it they still did enough throughout the course of 16 games to make the playoffs so I don't believe in "backing in".

Who says that? don't make stuff up now.

Well to be fair, in his mind the Jets really won those AFC championship games. You see just like he believs there's no such thing as "backing in", and that the meaning of the words "great and elite", are nothing alike, he also belives that winning and losing are the same thing. It's a sad sickness that often comes along with being a Jet fan, 43 years of nothing will do that to you.

please tell us what your other username is?

first off, where am I backed into a corner? I have also believed this and always stated this so nothing has changed b/c I was "backed into a corner".

a synonym of elite is also select few, the jets are one of the select few best teams in the league under Rex but b/c you are backed into a corner you are changing the meaning of words.

What the heck are you talking about? 'greatest' is a synonym of 'elite'. I'm not changing the meaning of anything. By definition, a team cannot be elite but not great.

Here comes the "I know you are but what am I " defense.

Junc, I have heard several times in post game interviews, athletes and coaches that backed in acknowledge that wasn't how they wanted to get in but they'll take it. I may be wrong but I think I recall Rex said words to that effect after the Colts game in 2009.

Let's be honest here, how much of a difference is there between Mark Sanchez and Richard Todd? Not much IMO. Both are/were very mediocre, and Todd too led the Jets to AFC championship games, doesn't mean he was any good.

Your team needs a new quarterback, and it isn't going to be Tebow either. You're going to have to draft one after this year for sure.

Sanchez ... 3 TD's 128 QB Rating.
I think we'll give him another shot next week.

Maybe we'll even let him start him against the Dolphins in Week 3. If he puts up 13 points, that should be plenty.

Sanchez had a nice game today. Props to him and the Jets. I picked the Jets to win but I expected Buffalo to put up a fight. Same ol Bills.

Sanchez had a nice game today. Props to him and the Jets. I picked the Jets to win but I expected Buffalo to put up a fight. Same ol Bills.

At least someone gets it. I also thought Bills would have put up a fight but I did expect Fitz to suck. He got some nice fantasy stats, padding up after he was down 41-7.

Don't get too ****tail. You beat the Bills. Not like you beat a good team or anything.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom