When will the Dolphins learn not to show their hands whom they want to Draft. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will the Dolphins learn not to show their hands whom they want to Draft.

There is not a single team in the NFL that knows they would take Tua yet. They will not know until he has another physical by NFL doctors and then the follow up physical right before the draft.

I am going to laugh (and laugh) when people lose their **** if we give up 18 to move to the second spot to take Tua though...

The question is, when will ppl get that we aren't taking Tua at #5, so it's irrelevant if some foolish team (which I doubt anyway) wants to move up for him.

Yeah, I haven’t seen anything showing that Miami is drafting Tua. Only the Tua cult thinks that we are trading all of our picks to move up for Tua. We could likely trade down.

This January 6 we'll find out if Tua is entering the 2020 NFL Draft. If he comes out the Dolphins are in a predicament because they can't control themselves of showing their hand at Draft Time. Except for the Bengals the three teams ahead of the Dolphins can take Tua or more likely trade down and leave the Dolphins without the player they want.........WHEN WILL THEY LEARN???????

What are you talking about. Learn what and what hand? The fact they need a young QB and have the fifth overall pick is hardly them tipping their hand...

Yeah, I haven’t seen anything showing that Miami is drafting Tua. Only the Tua cult thinks that we are trading all of our picks to move up for Tua. We could likely trade down.
If we trade down I don't really see it at 5. Most teams don't have enough ammo. I see 18 as the trade down pick, which im on board with of it includes at the least a late 1st.

If we trade down I don't really see it at 5. Most teams don't have enough ammo. I see 18 as the trade down pick, which im on board with of it includes at the least a late 1st.
IDK, I think #5 would actually be a good opportunity for us to trade down. I could see a few teams moving up for a guy like Jeudy, for example. Depending on how far down, plenty of teams have the picks, if you consider next years picks as well.

There is not a single team in the NFL that knows they would take Tua yet. They will not know until he has another physical by NFL doctors and then the follow up physical right before the draft.

I am going to laugh (and laugh) when people lose their **** if we give up 18 to move to the second spot to take Tua though...

There will still be people in denial even after the fact. Probably argue that we didn’t when we did lol.

I’d like to keep #18 but if you are giving me tua for #5 and #18 assuming medical checks out...done

IDK, I think #5 would actually be a good opportunity for us to trade down. I could see a few teams moving up for a guy like Jeudy, for example. Depending on how far down, plenty of teams have the picks, if you consider next years picks as well.
Any possible trade scenarios for juedy? I'm not sure about that one. He's not a Cooper type receiver. At 5 to me would have to be a team looking for qb. I just don't see 5 being a take advantage of another team spot. Now 18 there can be 3 to 5 players that slide a lil and we can possible get several teams interested.

Any possible trade scenarios for juedy? I'm not sure about that one. He's not a Cooper type receiver. At 5 to me would have to be a team looking for qb. I just don't see 5 being a take advantage of another team spot. Now 18 there can be 3 to 5 players that slide a lil and we can possible get several teams interested.
Juedy was just an example, not a specific. I doubt he lasts past 10-12, so if a team has a need, and he's a target, it's possible.

The point was more that, obviously, better players are presumably available at 5, than in the bottom two thirds of rd1. If a team wants a certain player, they might make the move.

As far as QB, if someone wants Tua, and is willing to trade up for our pick, I have no problem with that either.

I hated how to media onmy jumps on the Dolphins for tanking. We were the suck for luck and tank for Tua poster child. Both times we finished the year with several wins and I dont see the same national chiding for the Colts & Bengals.

Only the Tua cult thinks that we are trading all of our picks to move up for Tua.

Only the anti-Tua cult, pro-<insert player name here> cult thinks that.

I‘m for drafting Tua. But I’m in no way for trading any picks to move up. Either he’s there at 5 or he’s not. And I don’t believe the Dolphins will trade numerous picks to move up.

So, you’re wrong.

Only the anti-Tua cult, pro-<insert player name here> cult thinks that.

I‘m for drafting Tua. But I’m in no way for trading any picks to move up. Either he’s there at 5 or he’s not. And I don’t believe the Dolphins will trade numerous picks to move up.

So, you’re wrong.
He may be wrong about you, but you have to admit, there are some posters who are over the top.

Some think we should do "whatever it takes", no matter the cost, or the risk.

He may be wrong about you, but you have to admit, there are some posters who are over the top.

Some think we should do "whatever it takes", no matter the cost, or the risk.

Over the top both ways. In all directions. It ain’t just one faction.

Yeah, I completely disagree with the “whatever it takes” philosophy. If Tua never had the injuries, specifically the hip, I’d be more on board with the idea.

But, to me, drafting him at 5 is already enough risk. And I’m not convinced someone else will trade the assets necessary to move ahead of MIA given the risk. I’d ignore the smokescreens and all the talk and take my chances at 5. If someone does take him at 3 or 4, c’est la vie. Take another really good player or trade down.

I believe Tua is the most gifted QB prospect in this draft. But the injuries and murky future wouldn’t allow me to overpay. This team has too many needs to surrender a couple extra draft picks they worked hard and gave up a lot to secure.

They’ve currently got a capable QB for at least a year or two in Fitzpatrick, and can still make some trade downs to acquire more draft capital for 2021 when there will also be a couple nice QB prospects available. It doesn’t have to be this draft. Only if it falls the right way. Don’t force it.

Back
Top Bottom