When will the Marlins get their own stadium?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will the Marlins get their own stadium??

josekareh

Finfansince75
Reaction score
I heard that this would be the last year the Marlins play at Dolphin Stadium, does anyone knows anything about it??

Is it going to be completed next year? As in this would be the last season the Marlins will play in Dolphin Stadium?

Yeah, i didn't think so. Not that i really care, even though the Marlins are completely pathetic i can't say i buy into that "infield dirt" crap that the Dolphins routinely use as an excuse for losing to inferior opponents. It's irrelevant whether they stay or not.

Yeah, i didn't think so. Not that i really care, even though the Marlins are completely pathetic i can't say i buy into that "infield dirt" crap that the Dolphins routinely use as an excuse for losing to inferior opponents. It's irrelevant whether they stay or not.

Pathetic? They have the best record in baseball. They have a pretty strong line up. And probally one of the best young pitching staffs in the MLB. I know its early but look out for the Marlins.

Pathetic? They have the best record in baseball. They have a pretty strong line up. And probally one of the best young pitching staffs in the MLB. I know its early but look out for the Marlins.

and they draw 328 fans a game, nobody cares about them because in two years that strong lineup is going to be scattered across the MLB in trades for brilliant young prospects for the Marlins to ride to a decent record every once in a while. Hence the pathetic-ness kicking in. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

I've heard 2012 too.

Anyone who has the nerve to call the Marlins "pathetic" doesn't know a thing about baseball. They're the best team in the Majors and they have one if not the best farm system. The only thing pathetic is they have no fan base down there in Miami. Hopefully that changes when they get a new stadium.

and they draw 328 fans a game, nobody cares about them. Hence the pathetic-ness kicking in.

And look at the defending champs. They fill their stadium but they haven't been playing very good. I'd rather win games then fill the stadium.

Could still be a long way off..the deal's not put to bed yet, let alone any construction being started. While there were some last minute affirmative action contractor concessions that did swing the county commissioners' votes to yea, it's my understanding that the vote was to profer a bunch of bonds to cover a large part, but not all, of the estimated construction costs. The city of Miami and the Marlins club also need to kick in and there's room left for doubt that the financial bond market will accept the bond sources and be willing to work with the county to issue the bonds. This is not a slam dunk especially since the hospitality industry revenues are affected by the ongoing recession. If the funding doesn't happen by July 1st, the deal can be called off, as I understand it from this blog:
http://capefish.blogspot.com/

6j28i9-1.jpg

I've heard 2012 too.

Anyone who has the nerve to call the Marlins "pathetic" doesn't know a thing about baseball. They're the best team in the Majors and they have one if not the best farm system. The only thing pathetic is they have no fan base down there in Miami. Hopefully that changes when they get a new stadium.

It won't, everybody knows South Florida is the worst market for sports. The Dolphins have one of the richest traditions in all of Football and can't even fill the stadium until they make the playoffs.

And look at the defending champs. They fill their stadium but they haven't been playing very good. I'd rather win games then fill the stadium.

The season is 162 games long, i'd be very surprised if the Marlins were still 5 games ahead of everybody on September 30th.

and they draw 328 fans a game, nobody cares about them because in two years that strong lineup is going to be scattered across the MLB in trades for brilliant young prospects for the Marlins to ride to a decent record every once in a while. Hence the pathetic-ness kicking in. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

How many teams have won more world series than the Marlins since '97? And if your team isn't one of them which has, you've got no business calling them "pathetic" IMO. And they would have won more had it not been for that Fins icon WH and his fire sale.

Try watching a BB in 90/90 heat humidity that doesn't let up day or night. The new domed stadium will be considerably more fan-friendly, although IMO putting it on the site of the Orange Bowl takes a lot of Palm Beach and northern Broward fans out of play.

The season is 162 games long, i'd be very surprised if the Marlins were still 5 games ahead of everybody on September 30th.

I'll bump this up on September 30th when the Phillies are last in the division.

How many teams have won more world series than the Marlins since '97? And if your team isn't one of them which has, you've got no business calling them "pathetic" IMO. And they would have won more had it not been for that Fins icon WH and his fire sale.

Try watching a BB in 90/90 heat humidity that doesn't let up day or night. The new domed stadium will be considerably more fan-friendly, although IMO putting it on the site of the Orange Bowl takes a lot of Palm Beach and northern Broward fans out of play.

Well i understand that Dolphin Stadium is generally regarded as the worst baseball stadium in America. With horrendous sightlines, and yes the blazing heat. But i don't think just adding some air conditioning and a sun roof is suddenly going to turn the Marlins into some crown jewel of entertainment. Not unless they sell the team to an owner who actually cares about consistently putting a winning product on the field and not running the team like some kind of stock market account. By low, sell high.

Back
Top Bottom