When will the Marlins get their own stadium?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will the Marlins get their own stadium??

I get that you're a Phillies fan or whatever but how can you hate on the Marlins? The team is run by geniuses. They consistently get above-average (at worst) teams for the lowest payroll in baseball, have won two championships in 15 years (more than Philly has), have the best record in baseball are showing commitment to the fanbase by both acquiring the stadium and signing Hanley long term.
You can say whatever you want about Hanley playing for someone else in 7 years (which he might) but if we have a third world series by then very few people will care about losing a 32 year old shortstop.

Well that's because you didn't grow up listening to Harry Kalas. That's because you didn't spend summers on the porch drinking beers and talking baseball, with Harry Kalas doing Phillies play by play in the background. That's because you never played Baseball or Softball emulating Harry Kalas's voice every time you came to the plate or hit a ball over the fence. It's a very personal relationship for Philadelphia fans, he was the soundtrack to our summers. I don't expect any out of towners to understand how much we loved that man, but i do expect them to show a little respect and a little class.

i show no love to the enemy. that would be like me being empathetic to the pats or jills broadcaster. c'mon dude, think about the perspective you're coming in here ranting about. you come on a miami message board talking smack about our team. think twice before you try to garner attention for your philthadelphia broadcaster by whining about the dirt infield on our home stadium. nobody in florida cares about harry kalas unless they have some philthy alliance. that would put you at a VERY large minority on this message board pal.

I get that you're a Phillies fan or whatever but how can you hate on the Marlins? The team is run by geniuses. They consistently get above-average (at worst) teams for the lowest payroll in baseball, have won two championships in 15 years (more than Philly has), have the best record in baseball are showing commitment to the fanbase by both acquiring the stadium and signing Hanley long term.
You can say whatever you want about Hanley playing for someone else in 7 years (which he might) but if we have a third world series by then very few people will care about losing a 32 year old shortstop.

Good scouting and drafting is definitely apparent in their organization, but any franchise that refuses to reward their fans and capitalize on success they HAVE achieved by consistently putting a winning product out on the field can hardly be labeled "genius".

i show no love to the enemy. that would be like me being empathetic to the pats or jills broadcaster. c'mon dude, think about the perspective you're coming in here ranting about. you come on a miami message board talking smack about our team. think twice before you try to garner attention for your philthadelphia broadcaster by whining about the dirt infield on our home stadium. nobody in florida cares about harry kalas unless they have some philthy alliance. that would put you at a VERY large minority on this message board pal.

The LA Dodgers have caused some of the worst memories in my life as a Baseball fan but on the day Vin Scully dies i wont be mocking him or mocking Dodger fans that are grieving.

:thanks: someone that lives in the state of their beloved football/baseball/basketball franchises.

marlins have a bad attendence but still are the best team in the league. we are going to win another championship this year. watch. there are too many haters on this site. stick to football if you guys don't know baseball.

Harry Kalas was a fine announcer and will be missed. But as someone who lived in LA for a lot of years, I know that within the pantheon of announcers, outside of Philly, Harry wasn't in the same zipcode, let alone building as Vin Scully or Chick Hearn.

Harry Kalas was a fine announcer and will be missed. But as someone who lived in LA for a lot of years, I know that within the pantheon of announcers, outside of Philly, Harry wasn't in the same zipcode, let alone building as Vin Scully or Chick Hearn.

I strongly disagree. I think he'd definitely in the bottom half of the top 10. Behind only guys like Mel Allen, Vin Scully, Red Barber, Chick Hearn. I'd put Jack Buck and Johnny Most in there too, with Curt Gowdy and Keith Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom