Where the Miami Dolphins stand on offense, what’s ahead and who’s at risk of being cut | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where the Miami Dolphins stand on offense, what’s ahead and who’s at risk of being cut

Ballage wasn't the starter in his last season at Arizona State. He just came in and made plays.

That said, I wanted us to draft him...we did. I no longer think he should be on the team.

Either he can see the holes and react or he can't, unfortunately, he can't.
The OL wasn't great as we all know but even Laird got some yards behind it while Ballage would always run into his Olinemen.

Ballage averaged a horrible 1.8 per carry, while Laird averaged a bad 2.7 per carry. I don't think either should feel safe at this point, I'm just saying if the staff thought they saw enough in Ballage 8 months ago to start him they might not drop him off the roster based on 74 carriers behind a poor line. Maybe fans are right and Ballage has an issue with vision and seeing rushing lanes, but maybe that will be less of an issue once there are more lanes to be found.

Last edited:
Myarick will be one to watch in camp/preseason. Jackson’s take on the starting o line spots makes sense to me

I've mentioned this before...

Ryan Fitzpatrick is in danger of being cut.

I think there is a better chance that he is not on the roster than him starting opening day.
I don't really think either is likely. I didn't say "probably". I said possibly.

I don't think any QB we draft will be ready to start day one, and I don't believe Flo will put a rookie in that position.

His modus operandi is to start whoever gives the best chance to win.

Fitz starts.
Rosen and rookie fight for #2 with rookie having the edge.
Rudock goes to PS or waived/cut.
Injuries can change things.
Unlikely rookie or Rosen explode and win #1

Its not about learning and smarts when it comes to Rosen and strong arm. Its about leadership, toughness, accuracy from the pocket with people in your face. You don't learn leadership and toughness. Having said that Id rather keep Rosen then draft Hebert and similar player.

"Nobody can throw lying on their back" - Forest Gregg pointed this out his first year as the Bengals HC.

It's been around 50 years since he said that, and it is as true today as it was then. His answer to that QB question was to rebuild the front line. Two years later they were in a Superbowl with that same QB.

Really just want to see what Rosen can do when given ample time in the pocket. Kid does have an arm. He has impressed all of us at least at one point with some of the throws he was making in training camp, pre season and some in regular season action. The tools are there but the patience of the fan base may not be. I'm not ready to write him off based on what we saw last season and the year before in Arizona. He wants to be here, he wants to compete and he most likely wants to prove to himself that he is a capable NFL QB. That's a guy with alot of motivation for a guy who might as well be written off as dead. A desperate man is typically the most dangerous.

What? No way man, he played his *** off and we signed his ex coordinator from his most successful time in the NFL

Yes, he played great and has earned a place on the team.

He also is the highest paid QB we have and if he gets cut it will be largely because of the money. On the other hand, he's in the last year of his contract, so this could be his last year anyway. This does make him a "lame duck" as far as his position this upcoming season though and for that reason, coupled with his salary, he may be let go.

I will be surprised if we don't draft one or two QB's this year in anticipation of Fitz not being with us next year. Depending on whom we draft, we may choose to let him go this year to make room for keeping those guys we draft. In spite of all the Lemming juice on the board about Rosen, none of us have a clue as to how the coaches feel about him. It's quite possible they've determined he could be the starter if one of the draft picks doesn't beat him for that position in camp.

My preference is for keeping Fitz, but considering how many good players we let go last year to get the cap under control and beginning to make room for new players, his getting cut or traded is not out of the picture.

He may even be kept for a backup and get his contract restructured. Actually, now that I think about it, this may be the most probable action the Front Office takes. His restructured contract may even address his returning as a coach. If Fitz gets restructured, having him transition into coaching is what I expect will happen. This would not be the worst thing in the world. It would be like trading a player for a coach.

How's that for some forward thinking by the FO. Of course they may keep him for the year and let him start.

Whatever happens at the QB position, the coaching staff will be making a statement about who they are and how they are going to handle things!

It should be enlightening (or mind numbing) to see who is on the roster this season. Hold on to your hats, this season is about to generate a lot of turmoil.

If all this change and upheaval results in having a competitive team it will be worth it! Getting into the playoffs would be the icing on the cake. I'm looking forward to "getting iced".

Back
Top Bottom