Where Things Went Wrong For Ryan Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Things Went Wrong For Ryan Tannehill

Or he’s possibly just addressing things as they come up? Tannehill started strong this season, then got that shoulder injury, and then put in the worst seasons he’s ever had. Sounds like his analysis is following that progression.

I suppose his mistake was that he dared to say something other than “he sucks” about Tannehill.

Have you read the article, there's nothing freaking there other than a couple of clips of hard knocks (which may be infringing copyright laws BTW). Personally don't have a problem with anyone defending the guy with a substantive and informative article but this is not one of them. It's a shallow attempt at click bait using a sensationalist heading. Like a lot of crap written on the web these days more thought is put into the title than the body of the article.

At this point it certainly looks like Tannehill will be the starting QB for 2019. It could be the team is holding onto him until after the draft? Or until a F/A QB they like accepts an offer Miami seems appropriate for the immediate future. Whether or not Miami releases him now or after the season. It truly won't impact the salary cap negatively. They are currently sitting with $30m+ in cap space. I figure with the draft picks and a few more low level F/A pickups Miami, may be able to carry around $18m-$20m in rollover for 2020. If Miami keeps him for 2019. He easily becomes cap cut #1 in 2020, which will add that savings to an already available $90m. I like the direction the franchise is headed, with or without Ryan Tannehill. I just hope Miami's plan for the QB position materializes within the next 2 drafts. If he's here for 2019, I expect 4-6 wins and a top 5-10 pick.

At this point it certainly looks like Tannehill will be the starting QB for 2019. It could be the team is holding onto him until after the draft? Or until a F/A QB they like accepts an offer Miami seems appropriate for the immediate future. Whether or not Miami releases him now or after the season. It truly won't impact the salary cap negatively. They are currently sitting with $30m+ in cap space. I figure with the draft picks and a few more low level F/A pickups Miami, may be able to carry around $18m-$20m in rollover for 2020. If Miami keeps him for 2019. He easily becomes cap cut #1 in 2020, which will add that savings to an already available $90m. I like the direction the franchise is headed, with or without Ryan Tannehill. I just hope Miami's plan for the QB position materializes within the next 2 drafts. If he's here for 2019, I expect 4-6 wins and a top 5-10 pick.

He could be designated June 1st cut too.

As for the thread. I hope everybody bashing Travis never posts something on the forum and is wrong

If it was JUST about "where Tannehill went wrong", all we would have to do is find a QB and the team would be magically transformed into a perennial contender. We could give up every draft pick for the next two years to move up and draft Kyler Murray.

If we could just get a QB to come in and throw for 4,442 yards, 25 Td's and 2 ints we would be in the playoffs. Oh, wait. Aaron Rodgers did that last year and had a 6-9-1 record....and missed the playoffs. Never mind. That bum got his SB winning, HOF coach fired too!

Anyone want to talk about the freak show in the front office for the last 19 years? They have not resembled anything close to a TEAM for a long, long, long time. For the first time in a long time, we actually know who is in charge. Now we can start grading Chris Grier.

First off, being drafted by the Miami Dolphins. Going through a series of incompetent coaches, never building the offensive line, on and on. Tannehill's not a great quarterback, but he didn't exactly come into an ideal situation either.

tumblr_p668aozjm41qmob6ro1_500.gif

He could be designated June 1st cut too.

As for the thread. I hope everybody bashing Travis never posts something on the forum and is wrong

Huge difference between someone trying to sell his product by generating click throughs than random folks posting there thoughts on a message board with no intention of profiting monetarily from them.

Oh and designating him a June 1st cut is lunacy when you've already written off 2019, all you do is carry dead cap into 2020, take the whole hit in 2019, it's absolutely the only way to do the rebuild properly.

Last edited:
Huge difference between someone trying to sell his product by generating click throughs than random folks posting there thoughts on a message board with no intention of profiting monetarily from them.

Oh and designating him a June 1st cut is lunacy when you've already written off 2019, all you do is carry dead cap into 2020, take the whole hit in 2019, it's absolutely the only way to do the rebuild properly.

Are you this critical of the 3 yard or carry posts?

Are you this critical of the 3 yard or carry posts?

I have been they've flip flopped on Tannehill too, I've stated so in the past. Not sure what that has to do with this guy's article.

First off, being drafted by the Miami Dolphins. Going through a series of incompetent coaches, never building the offensive line, on and on. Tannehill's not a great quarterback, but he didn't exactly come into an ideal situation either.

The point really is that we will never know what could have been with RT because of the previous coaching he had.

He did well under Gase until the injuries began to happen. Wasn't RT the record holder for having been hit his first 5 years? Didn't his coaches do more to hold him back then to develop him his first 5 years in the NFL? Clearly the first 5 years set RT up for failure rather then success.

That Gase was able to get some really respectable and successful play out of him in 2016, prior to the series of major injuries, speaks well for both of them. The reality is that there are a bunch of lemmings out there who claim a righteousness of their opinions that is not supported by the realities of what they are trying to evaluate.

So RT had a good 2016, so what.

Their whining goes like this:

He was bad the first five years and will be bad forever.
Forget his success in 2016 after he got accustomed to his third or forth system in his professional career.

He is prone to injury because of his ACL injury at the end of 2016 and a shoulder injury shortly after he returned.
Forget how tough he was after his first five years of taking the most hits the NFL had ever seen.

He never made the playoffs.
Forget that he had us playing for the playoffs before he was injured by what many consider a dirty hit.

The lemmings are more full of themselves then they are of football knowledge and that's a fact!

RT's current reality is as follows:

RT has been unproductive since 2017 due to injuries and an offensive line that seldom played well. There is a new coaching staff that will want to bring in their preferred players. He is more then 1/2 way through his career and is being paid as the teams primary QB. The team is severely cap limited and in need of filling many weak positions on the field. This places RT in the difficult position of being a potential cap casualty like so many other higher paid NFL players each year, and being evaluated to see if the new coaching staff even wants him.

All this adds up to RT probably leaving the Dolphins, either this year or next year, barring his having an outstanding 2019 season, and that assumes he even gets to play.

This clearly isn't related to any of the reasons the lemmings are floating out there to sooth their damaged egos.

We now have a new coaching staff. Lets try something different for a change.

Lets pretend that the new coaching staff know more about football and football players then we do. Lets pretend that they are constrained by available capital and the available players in putting together a team for 2019. Lets go all the way out there and, based solely on averages, pretend that we finish near the middle of the league in most ratings this season. Lets pretend we like seeing improvement in the teams play and growth in the teams players, no matter what obstacles befall us.

Lets pretend we are mostly fans and not lemmings.

Lets pretend that most of the negative responses to this post aren't from lemmings.

There, that's enough pretending for this season!

Last edited:

Correct.

See, this former person does WORK. Unlike a few yokels (particularly a couple on this page) who contribute absolutely nothing to this forum other than complain about everything, spew negativity about every player, and try to run down other posters for actually having the cojones to put in work and make intelligent, educated opinions and predictions. You know, something they themselves never actually do.

It's always so much easier to talk negatively about a player and predict, even HOPE for their failure, just so you can dig up stuff from the past and say "Look! This person was wrong!"

But...I suppose you could always do what you advocate. If Aqua's work REALLY bothers you that much, you and TeeMoney could always put him on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom