Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Myrtle Beach and my dad told me, I thought he was kidding. Then later I heard it for myself.

VEGAS...having an awesome time...raking at the blackjack table in Palms...when my cousin elbowed me and nodded at the screen...my mood sank and along with my mouth...I couldn't believe it...then i started playing stupid and lost all my money...I didn't care anymore...I knew my football team was in a buttload of trouble and that the world was going to end right then and there. Thats where i was.

I was in Saratoga, playing golf every day in monsoon conditions while awaiting the awesome annual racing meet at the SPA. I heard the rumor from two sources I respect and immediately went online to wager under on our season wins. The first two places had moved on the under decisively but the third joint was asleep and I got down a decent chunk. Not exactly a sweat.

on a cruise ship in the caribbean, caught in walking into the shower after a long night of boozing. cnn international had it on their sports report. i couldnt believe it, skipped the shower and logged on from the bsusiness center, went to finheaven and caught up. i didn't eat anything all day. on the eve of training camp.

O.K. gang. Calm down. It wasnt exactly 9/11 or the kenedy assanation. It wasnt like if Dan Marino decided to retire after the 84 season.

TRP34 said:
on a cruise ship in the caribbean, caught in walking into the shower after a long night of boozing. cnn international had it on their sports report. i couldnt believe it, skipped the shower and logged on from the bsusiness center, went to finheaven and caught up. i didn't eat anything all day. on the eve of training camp.

I took my wife out to dinner. I didn't find out he quit until the next day at work when my friend (the guy I co-host a sports talk radio show with on a fill in basis) told me. Guy's always trying to screw with my head and trying to one up me jokewise, so initially I thought he was full of ****.. Then I turned on ESPN and saw the news. I nearly threw the TV through the wall.

I was in at an airport in oregon, my friend calls and just laughs and tells me. He trys so hard to convince me its true, which i absolutely didnt believe. So after being very optemistic and kinda hoping it wasnt true i went tobuy a paper. The stupid paper had nothing about it. So i went to on the ride back to md fairly happy. Came home to realize the truth and i was made fun of the rest of summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom