Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well many of these are similar, but good thread anyway. I was helping my cousin move, and was moving a couch up a set of stairs. My phone went off, and since we had to wait for traffic in the bedroom to clear out, I rested the couch against my thigh and answered it. My brother the Giants fan, told me ricky had retied from the dolphins. My exact words were: "dude f--- off, I'm busy right now." And hung up. I finished moving the couch upstairs, and started to replay the call in my head. What if he wasn't joking? I called him back, and he was laughing, so for a split second I was relieved. Until he said, he was serious, and he was laughing cause the situation was so insane. My heart sank. I ran to the TV, turned on TSN (Canada's 24-hour hockey station, but will mix in a couple other sports when it feels like it), and saw the bulletin scroll across the bottom. I was sick to my stomach. Never have I seen an entire yet-to-be-played season flash before my eyes that quickly.

I was at home around midnight or whatever time it was that ESPN news originally announced it. My buddy who is a Pats fan no less...called me to tell me to turn on ESPN News b/c Ricky Williams just retired. Figuring it was a cruel joke he was trying to play I laughed at him...then when I realized he was serious I flipped to ESPN news and about had a heart attack. Couldn't someone other than a Pats fan have broken the news to me?

i was in my room and i turn to espnnews and i saw ricky williams to retire i didn't believe then i put on the radio and it said that i felt sad and angry

I was in concord nc. at my uncles house. Turned on the tv about 4 and saw it flash at the bottom of the screen. I was very angry, but my uncle and his family being panthers fans. I really think they could care less

But i told them just wait till Mushin Muhammid died,got traded , or retired and see how'd they react..

Got my wish, saw it on espn " mushin muhammid traded to Chiciago"...lol

called my uncle and started laughing at him, we havent talked since...LMAO

i was in bed about to goto sleep @ 12. I saw it on espn n felt like crying. well actually i did cry, as pathetic as it sounds.

I was on vacation in Newport beach. I got out of the shower and my punk *** friend said "I have a feeling ricky williams retired this morning". I lauighed it off and went about buring my hair. Moments later he turned up CNN and I heard the news behind me.

Holiday ruined.

I was asleep and when I woke up it was on the news and I was like what the F?

I was at Finheaven. I didn't believe it at first.

Too bad he didn't except that deal to unretire and serve his 4 game suspension last season. He could've been playing in week one this year.

i was on vacatin on miami and i coudnt sleep it was like 3 am and i was wathching a movie then like 3 25 i put sportscenter and i saw that the miami herald had just report minutes ago that ricky wants to retired ,isnt for nothing but i think i was the first to know

hey im a longtime reader of the boards...huuuuuge phins fan, just got my white ronnie brown jersey last weekend and after seeing this thread i couldnt resist puttin in my two cents....i was at a hotel because i was playing in a lacrosse tournament in hershey...we were going to leave the hotel in about a half an hour...i go upstairs to use tha bathroom...my friend comes up knocking ont he door.....anthony open up hurry i gotta tell you something( he is a giants fan)...i was going to the bathroom so of course i dint wanna get up i say...wutttt is the game cancelled....he says no just open the door...so i finally open the door...he says wuts the worst possible thing that could happen right now...im like is the game cancelled?...and then he dropped the bomb...the whoel team and the aprents knowing im a dolphins fan were in the lounge watching espn and man oh man did i hear from them especially my dad, a jets fan lol just thought i'd share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom