Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go off from doing an overnight, I saw the catpio in the lower right hand corner on ESPNEWS. I still thought was mis information until the constant ensuing coverage. I felt the hooville kids when they just woke up on Christmas.......

i saw it on espn and thought it was the RB for the colts until i saw the miami logo and Rickys picture.

dolfanattic5 said:
i saw it on espn and thought it was the RB for the colts until i saw the miami logo and Rickys picture.

You mean Edge?

I was in my parents friends living room watching drag racing on ESPN at around 11:00 p.m. on the day he retired. I thought it had to be wrong info; but i watched Sports Center and was heart broken.

At my friends playing Madden 2005. There was like three minutes left in the fourth quarter and I was beating his *** with the Phins. My girlfriend calls me and asks if I knew that Ricky Williams had retired. Since she does not know much about sports, I didn't think she knew that Ricky Williams also plays for the Colts and that is who I initially thought retired thinking there is no way it could be THE RICKY WILLIAMS retiring. So, we continued playing the game. After, we tuned into ESPN News and in the bottom left hand corner my fears which had been building up throughout the last three minutes of the game were confirmed.

I was drunk in downtown Ft. Lauderdale celebrating my birthday....i became sober really fats....started throwing napkins around at a bar and got kicked out...when they got me outside I told them why i was doing that...the bouncer didnt believe me...told him to look at the TV across the street..Ricky on the screen...asked him why he thought ESPN would have "breaking news" on at 12:00 midnight...another bouncer told him i was telling the truth....told him it was my B- day and asked him how would he feel....guess what he did...he let be back in the bar and bought me a drink...thats a true dolfan....now around on my b-day this year he will be coming back!

I was at the ESPN message boards when they used to be good.

I was hitting a bong with Ricky, he told me in person.

clear.gif
clear.gif

i found it on espn.com i didnt believe it and i hit refresh 4 times

I was at a sports bar late at nite after a concert while I was living in FL over the summer..... I was crushed, Ricky was my hero. I'll never forget that moment when I was looking up at the bar TV and it kept showing clips of Ricky for almost an hour and I couldn't figure out why until I could read the bottom. I just sat at the table like a zombie.

After that there was no way I could go on being a Dolphins fan without coming to Finheaven every single day.

I was listening to sports radio in the car with my 5 year old son, who had chosen Ricky as his very first sports hero after going to a game. Hard to digest and explain at the same time. Then harder to find a phin to replace him as a hero. (Run, Travis, Run?). Finally got past that, now what do I do?! Don't know if Ricky will return, how he'll play, how much he and/or Ronnie will play, how good will Ronnie be... Making it hard to raise a passionate but responsible sports fan these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom