Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got home at 6am, severely drunk from clubbing, thought i'd check out finheaven.com just to see if I missed any big news during the night. Turned out I had =).

At first I didn't believe it, but when it sunk in, I was really sad.

I got out of my car at the golf course and someone asked me what I thought about Ricky leaving. I though he was kidding and laughed, he then said that he was serious. I immediately jumped back in my car and turned on the radio and heard the news on the update on WFAN.

I was so mad and all through my round I was reminded of him leaving. He was my favorite player and everyone new it.

It took me quite a while to get over it.

Though I do prefer to remember things like "Where were you when" (1) The World Trade Centers were attacked (2) When the Challenger exploded

Like Alan Jackson said "Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day"

Where I was when Ricky quit pales in comparison to other world events.

My brother woke me up saying that he had retired, i didn't know whether to believe him or not so i turned on the TV, looked on skytext (interactive TV) the headline was 'Williams to Retire' i still couldn't believe it and i thought it must have been another Williams, but as i read the article i knew the b*stardwas serious.

when i found out Boston was out for the year (i saw it on ESPN one morning) i was even more angry. i punched the nearest thing to me which happened to be my older brother

On holiday, I didn't have a clue.

I got back the day after it happened - went on FinHeaven and almost had a heart attack!!

I couldnt believe it, actually when I was reading the stuff on here I was wearing my Ricky jersey.

I was gutted... can't wait to get him back.

I was on my way to work at about 5:00 am and listening to ESPN sports radio they were already in mid show and they kept talking about someone quiting , After about 15 mins they said who it was..I was Pissed,Shocked and embarassed..I thought How??, Why?? not now,not this close to the season it sucked BAD!! At the time they were not saying anything about the Pot..Just that he didn't have the love of football anymore... I made it into the factory at 6:10 am and the night shift thought( I )was High..I didn't know it then but our season was over with before it even started..:shakeno: :fire: :eek:

I was standing besides myself in disbelief. Five minutes later **** started getting thrown and the tequila came out! It's hard to get a drywall repair kit that comes in toupe color!

KPDolfan424 said:
Where were you at when Ricky Williams retired??? What were you doing when you first heard the news and how did you react???

I was woken up to back to back phone calls but didnt answer. Checked my voice mail..."RICKY WILLIAMS RETIRED HAHA DOLPHINS SUCK" (my friends are all bucs fans) I laughed and said YEAH RIGHT...Went back to sleep...hour later turned on ESPN and there it was. I had just bought tickets to the St.Louis game the day before. That sucked.

EDIT: Not funny, say something like this again and you'll get time off - Mod

I was having a very nice hotel buffet breakfast while on vacation in New Orleans. A Jet fan friend of mine called all giddy. I didn't believe him enough to accept it as fact, but enough to make a phone call to a reliable source.

The woman I was having breakfast with (Redskins fan), found what we thought was a joke, funny. When we learned it was fact, she thought it was hilarious.

I was in the computer lab at my college when I got the news. The day after i had just got tickets the the Jet's game at Pro Player. A game we could have won if Feilder hadn't thrown 2 Int's. One returned for a touch down Gezzzz what a bad day.

i was at a club, i was already out of it, i looked up at espn on the television and they was showing ricky pic, but the sound was off, so i though it just was an update until i looked at the bottom and it said he was done, i got sober real quick, i live in buffalo so my friends were letting me have it, but i hope ricky can do something, i always believed that dave w. helped make ricky quit he gave him the ball like 1000 times in 2 years, i really beleive that had something to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom