Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a recruiting trip for soccer at Penn St. and my older brother who is a Giants fan called me to tell me the horrible news. It was all over the place an everyone on campus was talking about it...One of the worst days of my life

I was at a bar in Dallas at about 1:30am (Central) when I got a text message from my friend saying "OMG, Ricky Williams has retired". As much as I wanted to believe it was a joke, I knew there was no way my friend who lives out of state would play a sick joke on me that late at night. I immediately ran out of the bar to call him and he told me he just saw it on ESPN and said that Wannstedt was going to do everything to talk him out of it. I got home as fast as I could only to turn on sportscenter making the report that he will retire and that there was no talking him out of it. Then followed the worst week of my life. All my friends (cowboy fans) calling to rub it in my face and predict we wouldnt win more than two games that season. What an awful memory.

It was a terrible night... I was in Downtown Orlando hitting up the bars and drinkin somewhat... and then I got a call at like 1 am from my boy who is a huge dolphin fan as well. At first I didnt believe it (of course? who did?!) but he was really persistant and wouldnt have called me so randomly just to punk me while I was downtown. Oh man I was furious! Instant buzz kill!!! I was so furious on my way home I ripped my rearview mirror off my windshield and ended up crackin it pretty bad. My rearview mirror is still on the floor of my car today! Later when I got home I punched a huge whole in my fence... not a fun night...

Nasty

I was at a bar and the TV was set to ESPNEWS. I saw a picture of RIcky running the ball and it caught my attention. Once I read the bottom line and saw Le batard talking on the TV i Pulled a tabe about 10 feet, and climbed on top of it so I could get my ear to the television. A bouncer made me get down, and Then I bought a shot. I cant even describe the feeling.

woke up to go to an MCAT prep course. checked my voice mail from a friend (jets fan), he goes: "RICKY RETIRED HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA **** YOU"

i just got home from partying,went to bed and put on the radio(wfan i live in ct.) and on the update they said reports out of miami that ricky williams is retiring...needless to say i couldnt sleep...

(From old thread)
I was in Vermont at the time visiting relatives. My friend (Vikings fan) had called me and left a voicemail. He said something along the lines of, "Uh sorry dude it was just announced on ESPN Ricky Williams just retired and said, "Free At Last", "Free At Last". Than he said, I know how it must feel losing your best player. Then he goes, "Oh wait, The Dolphins still have their best player... Jeff Zgonina". Right when he said that I thought he was dicking me, and that is was just a joke. I'm thinking, why the hell would Ricky Williams retire?? I couldn't get on a computer at the time. So I called him back and I barely had service up their in Vermont, so I'm asking him about Ricky. He said, "It's true dude... he retired." And I wouldn't say I was in denial (yet), I just didn't believe he was for real. Than I checked my phone (Internet Service) and went to ESPN for some reason I couldn't find it on the main headlines. So I'm thinking what a douche, he didn't retire... I would see it on my phone. Than I finally checked online... Cried... Whined... Bitched... Cried... Cried... Wish I broke my phone... Cried... Cried... and haven't stopped since... :cry:

My dad and I were traveling and after being on the road all day we went to the hotel to relax. I caught the second half of the 6:00 sportscenter. I noticed that they kept talking about Ricky Williams and I was wondering what was going on? Did he get hurt? Was he suspended? And then they did a special piece on NFL players that retired early from the NFL and Ricky was one of them. I immediately went into the fetal position and just froze.

i already answered that question in the thread that was there like 5-6 months ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom