Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was drinking it up at my house with some friends AND wearing a R. Williams jersey. It came on the TV above my bar and I got so pissed off. We pulled his autographed picture off the wall and smashed it in my den floor(which my wife loved). A lot of my friends are Phins fans. It really was tough. We did our best to drink it away though....

I was coming back from a Friends house when my brother called me (also a fin fan) he was downtown and passed by a sports bar and saw they had it on ESPN and they had Ricky's picture up and text that said he had retired. My brother didn't believe it, and neither did I. I thought it was some sick late April Fools joke. I got home, got on here and saw all the threads. I was in shock. :yell: Then later on in the weeks following I started hearing all the BS about him leaving because of the failde drug test and how he wanted to toke up :fire: I lost alot of respect for him, but now I just want the Dolphins to win and if Ricky can make a difference from us being 4-12 last year to us being playoff contenders then I will swallow my pride and accept him back, but he'll never be my favorite player again. :shakeno:

I was down in Myrtle Beach, and had just come inside to get something to eat. I turned on sportscenter, and they kept showing highlights of Ricky's career. I had no idea what was going on. When I saw that Ricky retired, I was so surprised, I spit my soda all over the TV. My dad was not too happy about that.

Irie Dolfan said:
Time will Tell.
Run Ricky Run.....or else

Amen to that. I heard it on the radio as I woke up Sunday morning. (I fall asleep listening to sports radio) and I half-thought I was dreaming but when I went to the computer and checked it on espn.com it was true. I'm still mad!

woke up that morning and turned on the computer and the first site i went to was this one. Went right to the board and everyone was bashing ricky. I was just thinking what did he do know. But then i read on and got the news. :fire:

on the beach in Cancun! Drinking with a Dolphins hat on!.. It bummed out my vacation!

I was at this bar in Washington, DC on Connecticut Ave, NW called Sesto Senso. I remember seeing posted on ESPN's Ticker accross the bottom of a flat screen TV right above the middle of the bar as I was ordering a Long Island Iced Tea. I almost broke out into tears, grabbed my phone and called my cousin(whom is a diehard fin fan like I am) at about 12:45 AM that Sunday morning. We talked about it one bit then I proceeded to go back inside and get drunk off about 7 Long Island Iced Tea's because I was so distraught about the news that I heard.

i was camping...and when we got home...my uncle was like did you hear the news...i was like huh...and then he broke it to me

I was at the WORST place possible:

In a car, alone with my cousin a Jets fan, on a 2 hour drive.

That sucked.

We heard it on the radio and I got 2 hours of taunts and laughter. Meanwhile, I was fuming... :fire:

I remember I was watching espn or espn 2, and there was the scrolling news thing on the bottom. At first I thought it said ricky williams was retiring, but I thought that there was no way that's what it said, and my mind made me think that it said ricky watters, and I was thinking...didn't he already retire? Then sure enough, it scrolled around again, and it said ricky williams again, and I was devastated. My #2 all time favorite dolphin left. But it's nice to see him coming back, and hopefully he'll get back to his old form.

My wedding, and I was too intoxicated to have any reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom