Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland, Oregon - finishing a lovely vacation only to learn about this and have it ruin my attitude for the train ride home.

I was coming in from class when I flipped the TV to PTI (Love that show) and I saw his name on the discussion list. I proceeded to make myself a nice little sandwich. When I returned to the television they were discussin him and they said that he has officially retired. Needless to say I was pissed. I just stopped eating and went to sleep. It hurt that much. I slept from like 5:45 all they way to 7 in the morning. I was pissed that day.

I don't even remember. I can remember a few friends (fans of other teams) giving me grief about it but that was after I found out. Everybody who knows me knows I'm a Dolphin fan. Even among Dolphin fans I am considered the most obscessed so everybody wanted my take on it. I just don't remember when I actually found out. I can, however, recall when I found out other shocking news that really affected me(9/11, Brandon Lee's death, JJ's retirement). I think that the RW's news didn't really affect me that deeply. I know some RW supporters believe that everybody against his return feels spurned or hurt or something, but that's not the case with me. I'm against his return b/c I believe the distraction will hurt more than the production (which I expect to be limited) will help.

just got home drunk, bout 1230 turned on espn news flipped out, pissed at he11 then went to my x-gf's bc shes the only person that could even come close to knowning how pissed i was, so i just hung out with her till 4

I was at a bachelor party while for the the excitement to begin, espn was on in the background. Then the news broke, grabbed myself another drink and said "Well, there goes our season!":fire:

Sulamar said:
I was doing your mom, totally shattered the mood when I heard the news from the radio.

Where do these pieces of garbage come from

Playing poker and drinking beers at my friends house, among the topics being discussed earlier that night was how the Dolphins were a legit super bowl contender with the pickup of D Boston. :shakeno:

The sound on his big screen TV didnt work, but ESPNNews was on. When the Ricky news broke we were just in shock, and as we drank more beers and watched the Ricky saga unfold without sound, we began to look like this guy: :yell:

I was sleeping, got a couple phone calls and was SHOCKED.......It ruined 2 of my fantasy football teams. BUt , I will gladly take him back, I have alot of R. Williams jersey's amd memorabillia. Plus, he is a tremendous talent.

I was asleep, I came here the next morning and couldn't believe my eyes. I think I cried. Don't tell anyone. ;)

I was at the lake with my friends. Everyone was wiped out from a day of drinking and swimming. Lying on the couch watching the tv I thought the news was a joke. then when I realized the reality, the bloodcurling scream I let out woke up the entire house. I stared at the wall for hours and proceeded to drink myself under the table.

I was going surfing when one of my friends told me, that whole time in the water i couldn' stop thinking about how bad the running game was going to be with Minor.

I'm not sure butt I can tell ya one day on my way home from juco. I stopped by my buddies realestate office 2 make plans for da weekend and he told me I just missed ricky by 10 min. and that he was gonna be buying a home in nevada city and that his office got the sale. I didnt believe him people give me a lot of guff for pledgeing my alegence to miami for wich we Dan one nation under center for conversions and touchdowns for all.

I was on a cruise in the Carribian. I was getting dressed for dinner while watching sportcenter. When they said he retired I was in such shock and disbelief that I accually started to laugh. Then I got really pissed off and I started to punch my brother because he was happy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom