Where were you at when Ricky retired??? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where were you at when Ricky retired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHINPHOURLIFE said:
Ricky Williams retired? When that happen?
I don't know what all these people are talking about... he didn't retire, I'm pretty sure the Colts just released him.

My friend, a die hard Bills fan, called me up and let me know about it. I was in the car so I couldn't verify that it was true. So I argued with him for about 10 minutes on how it couldn't be true, Ricky said he was going to lead the team this year....and then I got home and verified that it was true. Nothing worse than a Bills fan being right about something like that.

i was at school and when i walked through the door of my house my cousins boyfriend(whos a bears fan since i live up her in chi town) told me and im like yeah right thats not even funny its just stupid and my uncle and everyone else were like hes not joking look and they showed me the espnnews coverage of it and it said ricky williams retires. i just stood there for like 10 minutes i was crushed. he was my hero and then he just walked out like that. i almost got emotional but then it turned to anger and i was pissed and i still hate him

I was in basic training in Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. The senior DS. asked who liked football I raised my hand he said RICKY WILLIAMS retired. I was like WHAT. I have a Dolphins tatoo so im a diehard fan and that news was like hearing someone in my family had died. And to make it worse I couldnt get any info on why he retired. All I had was a damn DS tell me he retired.

i just got back from a pittsburgh pirates game and it was late and my cuz flips on the tv to espn i was taken a leak and i hear "Dude ricky retired" i said na looked on espn.com and all that nothing was there cuz it must of JUST happend so i had to watch for espn to come by again to see myself.

jjust came from a bar in hoboken (big bar town) at a b day party

i was ripped and a fellow fins fan who was there also, he got home first and called me

i was bent and thought he was bull sh...n (we are all a bunch of ball breakers)

my wife woke up to me saying

i hate ricky

she didnt understand

just imagine being ripped and hearing that news, i was bitter for a minute, we had suttin to do that sunday, family party i think, and she kept tellin everyone not to talk to me that i was being an a hole and leave me alone

she didnt understand, she still doesnt, hates me that im here so often

tht ws a really fun night to, not too often you are out with EVERYONE you know,

regardless of anyone else, im glad it happened, Saban would not be here

armyfinfan said:
I was in basic training in Fort Leonard Wood Missouri. The senior DS. asked who liked football I raised my hand he said RICKY WILLIAMS retired. I was like WHAT. I have a Dolphins tatoo so im a diehard fan and that news was like hearing someone in my family had died. And to make it worse I couldnt get any info on why he retired. All I had was a damn DS tell me he retired.

thats great

I was heading over to my parents house to pickup my sister since we had a trip to Six Flags planned. As soon as I get into the house, my dad asks me "Hear your boy retired?" I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. So, on the front cover of The Washington Post, "Ricky Williams, 27, retires from NFL". I thought it was a joke, but it turned out to be a nightmare. I felt really weird. I was mad, sad, and hated Ricky all at once. He was my fave Dolphin player. Needless to say the trip to Six Flags could've been a lot better.

Even in line at the Superman ride, dudes behind us were talking about it. It didn't stop me from going to Miami for the opener.

I was watching a gridiron game...

amateur local team on the road in London and a fellow fan who played for the opposition broke it to me. I said at the time, I don't believe it. But if it's true it has to do with Mary Jane.

I confirmed it here when I got home and was flabberghasted.

At work, bragging about Ricky, no lie. Came home, saw on AOL news. Star running back retires (Think that it was Emmitt or Curtis Martin) clicked on the link, saw that it was Ricky and I cried.

P-double, Wanny is the reason Ricky left! Why am I so sure? 2 reasons.

#1 Ricky went to Collier to ask for a lighter load and a slight change in offensive philosophy(pass on first a couple times/or just pass a few times)

#2 Seinberg said Ricky would not be coming back if Wanny were still Coach!

Waking up form a night of drinking and hell raising! (Buddy's wedding.)
I was in a little po dunk town in NW Iowa. I wake up to my phone ringing. I don't answer right away.(Roaming charges. I thought it was guys from my ball team wondering if I was going to make it back for our game) Phone kept ringing and ringing. I finally answer it. My fellow finatics were calling like crazy. I thought what the hell! You have got to be kidding. I hauled *** home. In Iowa there aren't to many towers and Ricky is not a big topic. I got no info till later and finally got ESPN radio.

Got home headed to ball and was in a fog all day. Pissed/confused/depressed/hatred towards Wanny/preping for a bad bad year/ getting crap from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom