Which QB will be the new Beast in the East. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which QB will be the new Beast in the East.

you can have all the Pro Bowls you want, I want my QB to lead my team to wins. PB's are meaningless. Tom Brdy didn't make the PB in '03 yet he won the SB- which would you rather have?
Again, that just supports my point. Football is a team sport. Brady had a great team that won the Super Bowl. Brady alone did not. If you could have a Pro Bowl QB on a great team, that would just make that team even beter.

if he plays like that and you WIn you'll be better off, just adding #s does not translate to wins.
You are correct. Why do good #'s not translate into wins? Because football is a team sport. If a QB is putting up good #'s and not wins, is it his fault? Of course not.

I acknowledge that Daunte is the btter fantasy QB but I want a QB that WINS and when Chad is in there the Jets win.
Since it is ok for you to take away Culpepper's playoffs wins, and #'s since you say he played bad teams, I am going to use the same logic. You said Pennington is 21-16 with the Jets, but lets look at the teams Pennington has beat. Besides 4 wins against the Phins, (who the Jets seem to beat no matter what QB is in) since Pennington became the starter in 02 he has won the following games:

02 Teams

Minn 6-10 W
SD 8-8 W
Det 3-13 W
Buff 8-8 W
Den 9-7 W
NE 9-7 W
GB 12-4 W

Total 55- 57

--------------

03 teams

Oak 4-12 W
Jac 5-11 W
Tenn 12-4 W
Pitt 6-10 W

total 27 - 37

-----------------

04 teams

Cin 8-8 W
SD 12-4 W
Buff 9-7 W
49ers 2- 14 W
Hous 7-9 W
Sea 9-7 W

Total 47- 49

Those teams have a combined record of 129 -143. Pennington has only won 7 games against a team that is above .500. I guess Pennington can't beat the good teams in the NFL. One last point about winning QBâ€Âs Do you remember Neil O’ Donnell? He was 43-21 as a starter for the Steelers. How did he work out for the Jets? I already know that answer. Why? Because Neil did not have a “Team†around him. You are entitled to your opinion, but I challenge you to get one unbiased person who would take Pennington over Culpepper.

nyjunc said:
read more carefully, I didn't mark that down as a good game for the D.

You need to write more carefully. You listed three games from '05:

2005:

-TB: L 24-23. Daunte was awful w/ 3 INs, D was good enough.
-at Cincy: L 37-8. The D was bad but Daunte threw 5 INTs against a bad Cincy D.
-at Chi: L 28-3. 2 mroe INTs w/ 0 TDs for Daunte. D wasn't horrible, kept them in it for a while bit O could not score.

0-3 and 3 bad games for Daunte and 2 good games for D.

You clearly listed the D as good against TB, and bad against Cincy. If you didn't give the D credit for a good game against Chi, where did it come from?

nyjunc said:
It DOESN'T matter!!!!! The bottom line is winning and how many points he puts up in games they need. I went game by game vs. playoff teams and he has not done great in thoe games and in other big games against bad teams he has come up small. THAT'S what matters, not meaningless stats against the 2-14 Lions.

???? Scoring points doesn't matter? You'd rather blame the QB than the defense for the team losing 35-28? WTF?

Why do you get to pick which games they need? When you finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, all 7 losses count equally. You want to blame Culpepper for every game he doesn't put up 30 points but not blame the defense for allowing 32 points when Culpepper does put up 30.

nyjunc said:
Why is '05 an aberration and not '03 & '04? 3 of his last 5 years have been medicore to bad.

Because I'm comparing a 2 year stretch against a 6 game stretch.

nyjunc said:
if he plays like that and you WIn you'll be better off, just adding #s does not translate to wins.

you can have all the Pro Bowls you want, I want my QB to lead my team to wins. PB's are meaningless. Tom Brdy didn't make the PB in '03 yet he won the SB- which would you rather have?

You do realize that you win by outscoring your opponents right? I'll not talking about putting up passing yardage.

Talk to me about wins at the end of the season when the Fins have scored 400 points and allowed 250. You do the math and predict if that will translate to wins.....

nyjunc said:

Here's another number for you. In his career, Culpepper has averaged 2.02 TDs per game. That puts him in very elite company:

Name TD/game
Culpepper,Daunte 2.02
Manning,Peyton 1.98
Favre,Brett 1.81
Bulger,Marc 1.80
Marino,Dan 1.77
Palmer,Carson 1.73
Graham,Otto 1.68
Warner,Kurt 1.66
McNabb,Donovan 1.65
Garcia,Jeff 1.65
Young,Steve 1.63
Brady,Tom 1.58
Brooks,Aaron 1.56
Montana,Joe 1.53
Kelly,Jim 1.53
Tarkenton,Fran 1.52
Moon,Warren 1.50
Green,Trent 1.50
Fouts,Dan 1.48
Cunningham,Randall 1.46

Yes, you are reading that right..... #1 alltime

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Here's another number for you. In his career, Culpepper has averaged 2.02 TDs per game. That puts him in very elite company:

Name TD/game
Culpepper,Daunte 2.02
Manning,Peyton 1.98
Favre,Brett 1.81
Bulger,Marc 1.80
Marino,Dan 1.77
Palmer,Carson 1.73
Graham,Otto 1.68
Warner,Kurt 1.66
McNabb,Donovan 1.65
Garcia,Jeff 1.65
Young,Steve 1.63
Brady,Tom 1.58
Brooks,Aaron 1.56
Montana,Joe 1.53
Kelly,Jim 1.53
Tarkenton,Fran 1.52
Moon,Warren 1.50
Green,Trent 1.50
Fouts,Dan 1.48
Cunningham,Randall 1.46

Yes, you are reading that right..... #1 alltime
NYJunc does not care about #’s he cares about wins. He would rather have Jay Feidler, and Chad Pennington on his team than Peyton Manning, or Dan Marino.What he does not understand is team play dictates if you win or lose. Look at last years Super Bowl. Roethlisberger’s stat line: 9 completions in 21 attempts for 123 yards with 2 interceptions. He had a rating of 22.6 in the game. Roethlisberger had a horrific game, but despite his bad play, the Steelers still won the game. Culpepper is clearly a top notch QB, and now he is on a team that has a defense. I dare NYjunc to get on any other message board besides an AFC East board, and see how many people will agree with him.

The New Guy said:
NYJunc does not care about #’s he cares about wins. What he does not understand is team play dictates if you win or lose. Look at last years Super Bowl. Roethlisberger’s stat line: 9 completions in 21 attempts for 123 yards with 2 interceptions. He had a rating of 22.6 in the game. Roethlisberger had a horrific game, but despite his bad play, the Steelers still won the game. Culpepper is clearly a top notch QB, and now he is on a team that has a defense. I dare NYjunc to get on any other message board besides an AFC East board, and see how many people will agree with him.

In general, I agree that sometimes #'s are misleading, but there is no denying that Culpepper is a fantastic QB, despite the W/L record. He has consistently done the only thing you can ask of an offense.... score points. Stopping the other team is the job of the defense.

I agree 100%! #'s can be misleading, but if you put up good #'s that shows you are a good QB and are doing your part. Wins on the other hand do not necessarily show that you are a good QB. Great defense and special teams play can over come bad QB play and win games. I posted some examples in my previous posts. NYjunc tries to twist the facts to try and make his point, but we all know what kind of QB we now have. No matter how hard you try, you can't say Pennington is a better QB than Culpepper with a straight face. It's laughable. NYjunc lost all credibility with me when he said he would take Jay Feidler over Culpepper, if Feidler was younger. I enjoy a good debate, but I can't debate with a guy who thinks Jay, Gus and Chad are better QB's than Culpepper. It's your opinion and I respect that, but...

:french:

Again, that just supports my point. Football is a team sport. Brady had a great team that won the Super Bowl. Brady alone did not. If you could have a Pro Bowl QB on a great team, that would just make that team even beter.

Of course it's a team game and you need a good D to win but why is it NE was 5-11 in '00 w/o Brady then 0-2 to start the '01 season w/ Brad then took off once Brady came in?

You are correct. Why do good #'s not translate into wins? Because football is a team sport. If a QB is putting up good #'s and not wins, is it his fault? Of course not.

If a player is putting up great #s and then is not coming through in big spots teams don't win and that ahs been the case w/ daunte. I went over all the games against PO teams and the D was better more than he was.

Since it is ok for you to take away Culpepper's playoffs wins, and #'s since you say he played bad teams, I am going to use the same logic. You said Pennington is 21-16 with the Jets, but lets look at the teams Pennington has beat. Besides 4 wins against the Phins, (who the Jets seem to beat no matter what QB is in) since Pennington became the starter in 02 he has won the following games:

Do you really want me to pull the win % on daunte's wins? I pulled up games against PO teams, check Chad's #s on that. Chad was the last QB to lead his team to a win at NE('02) before SD did it early in '05.

Those teams have a combined record of 129 -143. Pennington has only won 7 games against a team that is above .500. I guess Pennington can't beat the good teams in the NFL. One last point about winning QBâ€Âs Do you remember Neil O’ Donnell? He was 43-21 as a starter for the Steelers. How did he work out for the Jets? I already know that answer. Why? Because Neil did not have a “Team†around him. You are entitled to your opinion, but I challenge you to get one unbiased person who would take Pennington over Culpepper.

Chad did beat a 12-4 tam in the playoffs on the road w/ a torn rotator cuff and we were w/in 1 of 2 makeable kicks of beating a 15-1 team on the road for a chance to go to the title game.

Neil O'Donnell won 9 games for us in '97.

You need to write more carefully. You listed three games from '05:

I don't get it? He started against 3 PO teams, why shouldn't I have listed it?

You clearly listed the D as good against TB, and bad against Cincy. If you didn't give the D credit for a good game against Chi, where did it come from?

My mistake, I apologize. I gave the D a good performance since they kept Minny in the game(Chi only had 7 pts at the half) but Daunte couldn't lead Minny to points and threw 2 INTs one which set up Chi's 2nd TD and essentially put the game away b/c the O couldn't score.

Scoring points doesn't matter? You'd rather blame the QB than the defense for the team losing 35-28? WTF?

Scoring points aginst teams like the Lions doesn't matter, it matters down the stretch in big games. He was shuout against the Giants, put up 17 at Ari against a D that was giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks and couldn only put up 10 pts in the competitive portion of the Wash game and 7 in the competitive portion of the Philly game. Scoring against bad teams doesn't mean much to me, score when it's needed most.

Why do you get to pick which games they need? When you finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs, all 7 losses count equally.

So games in Dec aren't more important than games in Sept? If you lose a game in Sept your season isn't over but if you lose one in Dec it could be.

You want to blame Culpepper for every game he doesn't put up 30 points but not blame the defense for allowing 32 points when Culpepper does put up 30.

i ant him to do it against top teams not against the dregs of the NFL and clearly his record against the good teams is poor and he has been held in check by the better team's D's.

[QUOTEBecause I'm comparing a 2 year stretch against a 6 game stretch.
][/QUOTE]

It's not a 6 game stretch it's 3 of the last 5 years. He was mediocre in '01, bad in '02 and bad in '05. That's more bad than good since '01.

You do realize that you win by outscoring your opponents right? I'll not talking about putting up passing yardage.

Absolutely and when you put up basically 34 pts in his 4 biggest games that's not putting up points now is it?

Talk to me about wins at the end of the season when the Fins have scored 400 points and allowed 250. You do the math and predict if that will translate to wins.....

We'll see. When are those 400 pts scored? and when are the 250 allowed? Your D's w/ Zach and JT haven't exactly come up big in big games themselves.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT FANTASY NUMBERS! What does he do in big spots?

NYJunc does not care about #’s he cares about wins. He would rather have Jay Feidler, and Chad Pennington on his team than Peyton Manning, or Dan Marino.

Manning and Marino win, they get(got in dan's case) their teams to the playoffs in most years.

Look at last years Super Bowl. Roethlisberger’s stat line: 9 completions in 21 attempts for 123 yards with 2 interceptions. He had a rating of 22.6 in the game. Roethlisberger had a horrific game, but despite his bad play, the Steelers still won the game.

and if not for Ben's big play prior to that game Pitt never would have ben there. If he would have played like that in the AFC playoffs they never would have made it but he stepped up. Against an inferior Sea team he was able to have a bad game and still win.

NYjunc lost all credibility with me when he said he would take Jay Feidler over Culpepper, if Feidler was younger. I enjoy a good debate, but I can't debate with a guy who thinks Jay, Gus and Chad are better QB's than Culpepper. It's your opinion and I respect that, but...

Go check Jay's win % as a starter compared to Daunte's and also check Miami's record w/o Jay from '00-'03 and Minny's record w/o daunte from '01-'05 and let me know hat you find.

nyjunc said:
If a player is putting up great #s and then is not coming through in big spots teams don't win and that ahs been the case w/ daunte. I went over all the games against PO teams and the D was better more than he was.

You don't get to pick the "big" spots.

nyjunc said:
My mistake, I apologize. I gave the D a good performance since they kept Minny in the game(Chi only had 7 pts at the half) but Daunte couldn't lead Minny to points and threw 2 INTs one which set up Chi's 2nd TD and essentially put the game away b/c the O couldn't score.

The Viking's D couldn't stop Kyle F'in Orton. Give me a break.

nyjunc said:
Scoring points aginst teams like the Lions doesn't matter, it matters down the stretch in big games. He was shuout against the Giants, put up 17 at Ari against a D that was giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks and couldn only put up 10 pts in the competitive portion of the Wash game and 7 in the competitive portion of the Philly game. Scoring against bad teams doesn't mean much to me, score when it's needed most.

BS. He put up 31 points in the playoffs the week before the Giants game. How convenient for you to forget. He put up 27 and 28 earlier in the year in losses in 2003. Why focus only on the Ari game? BTW, here are the rushing stats in the Wash game (M.Bennett 8-19, O.Smith 5-5, M.Williams 3-4). Is this Culpepper's fault too?

nyjunc said:
So games in Dec aren't more important than games in Sept? If you lose a game in Sept your season isn't over but if you lose one in Dec it could be.

NO, NO, NO, NO...... The Vikings went 9-7 and missed the playoffs in 2003. A win instead on ANY of their losses puts them in the playoffs. You don't get extra credit for winning in Dec.

nyjunc said:
i ant him to do it against top teams not against the dregs of the NFL and clearly his record against the good teams is poor and he has been held in check by the better team's D's.

Wow, there's a revelation. It's tougher to score against better defenses, especially when your offense is one dimensional. What insight.

nyjunc said:
It's not a 6 game stretch it's 3 of the last 5 years. He was mediocre in '01, bad in '02 and bad in '05. That's more bad than good since '01.

Total BS. He has had one bad year (by his standards) and one bad start to a year. With that he has had one good year and three GREAT years.

nyjunc said:
Absolutely and when you put up basically 34 pts in his 4 biggest games that's not putting up points now is it?

Wrong. He put up 34 points against the Saints and 31 against the Packers in playoff wins. How do two playoff games not get included in his 4 biggest games?

nyjunc said:
We'll see. When are those 400 pts scored? and when are the 250 allowed? Your D's w/ Zach and JT haven't exactly come up big in big games themselves.

I can't wait to watch a Fins offense that can score at will.

nyjunc said:
I DON'T CARE ABOUT FANTASY NUMBERS! What does he do in big spots?

TDs aren't fantasy numbers. The NFL uses them to decide the winners and losers of real games.

nyjunc said:
and if not for Ben's big play prior to that game Pitt never would have ben there. If he would have played like that in the AFC playoffs they never would have made it but he stepped up. Against an inferior Sea team he was able to have a bad game and still win.

This is the height of hypocracy. The only difference between Ben and Daunte is that the Vikings defense was never good enough to overcome a bad game by Daunte.

nyjunc said:
Go check Jay's win % as a starter compared to Daunte's and also check Miami's record w/o Jay from '00-'03 and Minny's record w/o daunte from '01-'05 and let me know hat you find.

You have presented an extremely biased argument.

It comes down to this - you blame Culpepper for the failings of the team. I give him credit for his performance when things he cannot control (defense) result in a loss.

Even though he is not a perfect QB, you will never convince me that Culpepper has not been a GREAT QB so far in his career. He is a legit top 5 QB in the league. Better that Pennington could even dream of being. Better than Brees. Miami made the right choice in picking Culpepper over Brees. There are very few QBs that I would take instead of Culpepper.

Miami is now the favorite to win the AFC east. They are very young on offense and are getting younger on defense. I pity the Jets and Bills and look forward the the challenge of the Patriots.

nyjunc said:

First of all....that is another one of those overhyped media creations.

Go look back.

The most "famous" of collapses was the Patriots game that helped the jets back into the afc east title that year...

In that game...the Defense WON the game for all intents and purposes with Brock Marion's spectacular play intercepting Brady....with 4 minutes left and a 8 point lead.

Our offense almost urned it over and then had to settle for a field goal DEEP in Patriot territory when a touchdown ended the game.

There was also a BS PI call go against the fins...that led to a Patriot TD.

Other big games included a game where the Dolphins D gave up 3 points to New England on teh road...

3 POINTS. Yes....Brady and Company in a super bowl year scored 3 points against our defense at home...

We happened to lose that game...of course...Fiedler gave up 9 points on his own.

The Biggest game the Dolphins have played in recent memory was that game in the cold in new England.

(BTW..before you say that the conditions were bad....the conditions were worst when they played the Titans, Raiders in the playoffs and they moved the ball and scored plenty to win.)

You don't get to pick the "big" spots.

You don't think the NFC Title game was a big spot? You don't think a week 17 do or die game is a big spot? add in the games vs. playoff teams, those aren't big? I guess the October showdowns w/ the Lions are big, right?

BS. He put up 31 points in the playoffs the week before the Giants game.

Against the SAINTS! and his other playoff win was againsta week GB team. He had a THIRTEEN rating against a mediocre Giant D!

NO, NO, NO, NO...... The Vikings went 9-7 and missed the playoffs in 2003. A win instead on ANY of their losses puts them in the playoffs. You don't get extra credit for winning in Dec.

All I know is the Vikes needed a win against a team that was 3-12 going into that game, a team that had given up and a tam that was giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks and Daunte could only lead Minny to 17 pts in a loss.

Wow, there's a revelation. It's tougher to score against better defenses, especially when your offense is one dimensional. What insight.

In those games their much maligned D played better than Daunte and his O.

Total BS. He has had one bad year (by his standards) and one bad start to a year. With that he has had one good year and three GREAT years.

Go look up '01 and '02 and tell how good they were.

Wrong. He put up 34 points against the Saints and 31 against the Packers in playoff wins. How do two playoff games not get included in his 4 biggest games?

Wow! he beat the Saints and packers in the playoffs? That's huge! What did he do the week after those games?

I can't wait to watch a Fins offense that can score at will.

I can't wait to watch him put up big #s and choke in big spots.

TDs aren't fantasy numbers. The NFL uses them to decide the winners and losers of real games.

yep like 17 pts against a D that was giving up 33/gm.

This is the height of hypocracy. The only difference between Ben and Daunte is that the Vikings defense was never good enough to overcome a bad game by Daunte.

ben came through in big spots. The Pitt D wasn't good against Cincy but Ben pulled it out.

Even though he is not a perfect QB, you will never convince me that Culpepper has not been a GREAT QB so far in his career.

QBs cannot be great until they do something in the playoffs or at least get their team to the playoffs in a weak div and conf like daunte has played in.

Miami is now the favorite to win the AFC east.

They are? I didn't get the memo. So the team that was 3-7 and won a few meaningless dec games(incldung a game NE played backups for in the 2nd half) got a choking QB, downgraded in the secondary, has holes in the Ol is now the favorite to beat the Pats? Ok:sidelol:

The most "famous" of collapses was the Patriots game that helped the jets back into the afc east title that year...

Yep we back in by beating NE at NE the week before and thrashing 12-3 GB.

OK so it was a "media creation"? Did the media create 164 points in 5 playoff losses(33/gm)? That's what they did from '97-'01. That was the offense's fault though, right? Specifically Fiedler even though he wasn't around for 38-3 and 62-7?

nyjunc said:
You don't think the NFC Title game was a big spot?

No bigger than the week before the title game. If they don't win that game, they are not in the title game. You do understand all of this right?

nyjunc said:
Against the SAINTS! and his other playoff win was againsta week GB team. He had a THIRTEEN rating against a mediocre Giant D!

You really have no idea what you are talking about. The Saints were 5th in the NFC in points allowed that year. The mediocre Giants D gave up 246 points in 16 games.

This totally destroys your credibility. Mediocre Giants D????? 246 points allowed in fantastic.

nyjunc said:
All I know is the Vikes needed a win against a team that was 3-12 going into that game, a team that had given up and a tam that was giving up 33/gm for 8 weeks and Daunte could only lead Minny to 17 pts in a loss.

You aren't referring to the Arizona team that held Carolina to 20 points two weeks before are you? You know the Panthers.... Superbowl team that year.....

Big deal, that was one game. It doesn't eliminate the other performances.

nyjunc said:
In those games their much maligned D played better than Daunte and his O.

In your opinion, not mine.

nyjunc said:
Go look up '01 and '02 and tell how good they were.

Look at the 2000 - 2004 numbers. I am positive that this stretch is better than any QB in Jets' history.

nyjunc said:
Wow! he beat the Saints and packers in the playoffs? That's huge! What did he do the week after those games?

He beat two PLAYOFF TEAMS in the playoffs. That's the problem with arguments like yours. You claim that Culpepper can't win the "big" games. When I point out that he has won the same number of playoff games that he has lost, somehow those wins don't count.

nyjunc said:
QBs cannot be great until they do something in the playoffs or at least get their team to the playoffs in a weak div and conf like daunte has played in.

Culpepper is 2-2 in the playoffs. He has a better winning % than Peyton Manning. Apply your twisted logic to Manning and he isn't a great QB either.

nyjunc said:
They are? I didn't get the memo. So the team that was 3-7 and won a few meaningless dec games(incldung a game NE played backups for in the 2nd half) got a choking QB, downgraded in the secondary, has holes in the Ol is now the favorite to beat the Pats? Ok

Because they were only 1 game behind the Pats last season and they have improved while the Pats have regressed. The Fins only scored 318 points last year. When they score over 400 this year, that will be enough.

QBs cannot be great until they do something in the playoffs

Here are Jay Fiedler's playoff #'s:

ATT CMP CMP% YDS YDS/ATT TD TD% IN IN% RATING

2000 Colts 34 19 55.9% 185 5.4 1 2.9 3 8.8 44.4

2000 Raiders 37 18 48.6% 176 4.8 0 0.0 3 8.1 28.7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 Ravens 15 of 28, 122 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int

That's a grand total of 52 of 99, 483 yards, 1 TD 7 INT

Fiedler is 1-2 in the playoffs, and led the offense to a total of 20 points in three playoff appearances.

Culpepper on the other hand is 2-2 in the playoffs, has more than double the yardage, 8 times as many TD's, a much higher comp % and 2 fewer picks than fiedler.

Culpepper's playoff #'s are 73/134, 980 yds, 8 TDs and 5 INTs 2 wins 2 losses.

No bigger than the week before the title game. If they don't win that game, they are not in the title game. You do understand all of this right?

They beat the Saints who were coming off their first EVER playoff win then they beat the Packers. Let's not act like they beat quality teams. They beat typical weak NFC teams that would never make the playoffs in the AFC then followed it up w/ stinkers the following week against better teams(although the Giants weren't much better).

You really have no idea what you are talking about. The Saints were 5th in the NFC in points allowed that year. The mediocre Giants D gave up 246 points in 16 games.

The Giants played a creampuff sched, they only played a few good teams and lost to them. It helped having Ari, Was and Dal in their div. Ari was 29th in points scored, Was 24th, Dal was 23rd and it's not like Philly was great as they were mid of the pack. The only winning team the Giants beat was Philly and they owned Philly in thoe days. Thye played Tennessee and gave up 28 pts in a big L, they gave up 38 pts at home to SL when SL didn't have warner or Faulk, they gave up 31 at home to Detroit. They beat NO ONE that year.

As for NO, that "great" D that was # 5 from week 12 on gave up 31, 24, 28, 27, 7, 26, 28 and 34. Take away 1 week of 7 points(that was against the 4-12 Falcons) and they gave up an average of 28 pts a game from week 12 on. What a might D:lol:

You aren't referring to the Arizona team that held Carolina to 20 points two weeks before are you?

Which is the same team that gave up 33 pts/gm the previous 7 weeks prior to the Viking game. By the way, from week 11 to week 16 Car scored 20, 20, 16, 14, 20, 20 oh and Carolina AVERAGED 20 pts a game for thes eason. This was not a high powered Car O. They only scored over 30 once all year. Contrast that w/ Minny who averaged 26 PPG and had just scored 45 the week before. Car averaged 20 and scored 20 against Ari, Minny averaged 26 and scored 17.

In your opinion, not mine.

I went through every game against playoff teams and showed you. Just b/c the D gives up 25+ doesn't always mean the D played poorly, alot of that had to do w/ turnovers or the O not scoring.

Look at the 2000 - 2004 numbers. I am positive that this stretch is better than any QB in Jets' history.

Once again I do not care about meaningless fantasy stats, the #s that count to me are wins and losses and the Jets have more wins and more playoff appearances in that stretch in a MUCH tougher division and conference.

He beat two PLAYOFF TEAMS in the playoffs. That's the problem with arguments like yours. You claim that Culpepper can't win the "big" games. When I point out that he has won the same number of playoff games that he has lost, somehow those wins don't count.

It's a wash, he beat 2 and lost to 2 and 3 of those 4 would NOT have been playof teams in the AFC. I did mention the playoff games in my breakdown.

Culpepper is 2-2 in the playoffs. He has a better winning % than Peyton Manning. Apply your twisted logic to Manning and he isn't a great QB either.

He's been there TWICE! by that logic the Jets are better than teams like Pitt and Dal since e have a better SB win %. Manning has been to the playoffs 6 times playing in much tougher divisions and a much tougher conference. He has run into the Patriots and Steelers times. That's not quite like running into the Giants.

Because they were only 1 game behind the Pats last season and they have improved while the Pats have regressed. The Fins only scored 318 points last year. When they score over 400 this year, that will be enough.

You were NEVER in the race, 1 game is very misleading. You started to win some games late when yo were out of ti and NE didn't even play in Week 17. They drop kicked an XP w/ a backup QB, that should tell you how serious they were taking the game.

The New Guy said:
Here are Jay Fiedler's playoff #'s:

ATT CMP CMP% YDS YDS/ATT TD TD% IN IN% RATING

2000 Colts 34 19 55.9% 185 5.4 1 2.9 3 8.8 44.4

2000 Raiders 37 18 48.6% 176 4.8 0 0.0 3 8.1 28.7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 Ravens 15 of 28, 122 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int

That's a grand total of 52 of 99, 483 yards, 1 TD 7 INT

Fiedler is 1-2 in the playoffs, and led the offense to a total of 20 points in three playoff appearances.

Culpepper on the other hand is 2-2 in the playoffs, has more than double the yardage, 8 times as many TD's, a much higher comp % and 2 fewer picks than fiedler.

Culpepper's playoff #'s are 73/134, 980 yds, 8 TDs and 5 INTs 2 wins 2 losses.

yeah and the "grat" dolphin D had nothing to do w/ those losses, it was all on Jay? jay still got you there 2 of 4 times and WON you your only AFC East Title since '95 while daunte in a MUCH weaker div and conf has only made it twice in his career.

I never said Jay was great just that he manages to win games. Do me a favor and look up Miami '00-'03 w/ jay and their record when he was hurt and then look up the Vikes '01-'05 w/ and w/o daunte and let me know what you find.

Back
Top Bottom