Which Rook Impressed You? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Rook Impressed You?

Minkah i expected to look good as well as Ballage, both will be good players for us. The lack of tight end production is concerning to me though. I am on record as saying we picked the wrong one in round 2, I hope Mike proves me wrong.

Minkah the next big thing at safety, I'm drinking the kool-aid putting some extra scoops to make it sweeter, might just buy me a kiddie pool, fill it up with the kool aid and splash around in it.

hairy-man-kiddie-pool-14202121.jpg

Ballage was always going to make the team. Teams don’t cut 4th rounders as rookies. The question is whether or not he can take carries away from the co starters.

Yes, and he looked identical to college. Arizona State plays almost exclusively night games so fans in the East see that team even less than the typical Pac 12 program. Intriguing player but like Drake he was never trusted with high volume carries in college, which is discouraging given the obvious ability. He has had fumbling issues but the Sun Devils recovered most of them. I remember once it saved a wager for me.

Minkah i expected to look good as well as Ballage, both will be good players for us. The lack of tight end production is concerning to me though. I am on record as saying we picked the wrong one in round 2, I hope Mike proves me wrong.

Based on what exactly? Did you just crawl from out under a rock somewhere and missed all of Gesicki's highlight reel TD catches throughout camp?

Seriously how did you come to the conclusion that Gesick is the wrong TE. He is one of the bright spots of our entire damn camp!!

Minkah is the REAL ****IN DEAL, nuff said. He wins by a mile.

Most surprising was Baker; thought it'd be midseason before we started seeing him on the field, but he looks a lot better than Anthony right now, imo.

Gesicki isn't the world's worst blocker! He must've been sick of hearing all those media takes. Even saw him at the second level.

Also, this:

Studio_20180810_005558.jpg

Most disappointing was McMillan, sadly. He didn't play much, but what I saw definitely didn't wow me :/

Last edited:
Elite talent or elite athletic ability... explain how that's different because im not seeing it

Elite athletic ability are players like Matt Jones 6'6 240 lbs ran a 4.3 had a 39 inch vertical and was a bust who was out of the league at 25.

Anquan Boldin was not an exceptional athlete...dude wasn't all that big ran a 4.7 had a low vertical at 33 inches, didn't have great quickness but in his prime he was an elite talent or pretty damn close.

Elite athletic ability are players like Matt Jones 6'6 240 lbs ran a 4.3 had a 39 inch vertical and was a bust who was out of the league at 25.

Anquan Boldin was not an exceptional athlete...dude wasn't all that big ran a 4.7 had a low vertical at 33 inches, didn't have great quickness but in his prime he was an elite talent or pretty damn close.
Hopefully Gesicki fits both elite athletic ability and talent then

Yup. Matt Jones was a combine phenom guy who wasn't the brightest bulb. His head was never in it.

https://amp/s/deadspin.com/5023812/matt-jones-the-cocaine-wont-make-you-faster-son/amp

Put Anquan's heart in Jones' body ... watch out.

Hands down Minkah, as he was in on nearly every play. He was exactly as advertised.

Baker was 2nd for me mostly because we need a starting LB more than a 3rd Rb. The reports out of camp have been he is small and not impactful. Well when pads came on that was erased. He didn’t play small, and was impactful behind the line on moultiple plays. I can’t wait to see more of him.

Based on what exactly? Did you just crawl from out under a rock somewhere and missed all of Gesicki's highlight reel TD catches throughout camp?

Seriously how did you come to the conclusion that Gesick is the wrong TE. He is one of the bright spots of our entire damn camp!!

I dont really care about highlight real catches to be honest. I watched every game of Goederts the last 2 years and almost every game of Mike's last year. i have been on record for well over a year that I viewed Goedert as the best and most complete tight end in the draft. Its not just the run blocking that I like, it's the toughness. and also the route running that Goedert I felt was better at. I just thought he was the better football player at the draft.

I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong, but at this point all Mike is really is a red zone threat. The concern I have is whether he will ever be more than that. Goedert has been balling since day 1, it's just something that I am going to continue to watch very closely.

What impresses me the most is the fact that we can actually have a choice between players. Typically the question is "Did the rookies play?", but now we are trying to figure out which one we felt looked the best. Says something about the draft.

This is a hard choice, but I'm going with Minkah because of sample size. He looks like a vet back there, that pass break up is one we don't get in the past.

Gesicki is going to be a lot of fun to watch...that ball was uncatchable for any player, but he still almost made a play on it. Not only that, he beat his man off the line.

Back
Top Bottom