Which Second Tier Qb Would You Prefer To Draft To Groom? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Second Tier Qb Would You Prefer To Draft To Groom?

Litton is interesting, any scoop on him as a late rounder?

Legitimate pro talent. Tall, great balance, good throwing motion, pure arm talent. He got into some trouble when he was young, and it seems like he's always been playing catch-up since then, trying to stay committed to the game, do all the right things, be a stable leader, etc. He comes from a good family and he's in a state of constant maturation, but he needs to do better. On the field, he gets a little too focused on easy answers, downfield passing.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he keeps evolving and becomes a stable backup, and you're always going to look at him and say wait a minute this guy has legit starting talent. But it would surprise me a bit if he finally steps up, grabs the bull by the horns, and becomes an over-achiever. I hope he does.

My comp for Straveler is Nate Davis. I don't think he'll make it, he won't get a chance, but he is worth a pick on production.
Comp for Woodside is also Bortles, and for Stevens, I'd say Davis Webb.
Litton is a weird prospect. He is elite at avoiding sacks, he is very decisive, elite presnap, but makes bad decisions after the snap, and everything crumbles there.

Rudolph , kid can make any throw, doesn’t panic and Is very bright. Has a great team first demeanor and gets respect as a leader. I think he’s as good as anyone of the big 4 except mayfield. Not 2nd tier. Jackson is second tier, 3rd round pick with superb athleticism that moves him into high round 2, but ya someone will grab him in the first.

Rudolph by a pretty wide margin, but I'm not even sure he gets out of the first so I wouldn't really call him a 2nd tier QB. After him or Jackson, I like in order White, Lauletta, Ferguson, Silvers, Litton, then Falk.

I think so, I think I realize that. And, I think those are the only Qbs in this draft worth drafting on day 1.
I would not draft Lauletta because my comp for him is Blake Bortles, it's a personal bias, but I think he warrants Day 1 pick.
My comps for other guys are, Rudolph - Payton Manning, Ferguson - Goff, Barrett - Sanchez. I think they are all well worth a first rd pick.

I think your evaluations of where these players should be drafted are way off base then. And anyone that believes someone that compares to Mark Sanchez should be drafted in the first round, is hard to take seriously.

Streveler, wow, that release is insane! It doesn’t even look like he even steps into his throw, the ball is just whipped out there.

Fearthebeard and Burke would love this guy as well!

Nate Davis had a learning disability. That was the big problem for him. Chris Streveler came out of college with two Masters degrees. I don't think that's a problem for him. Nate Davis also had a monster arm. Cannon on his shoulders, despite never having learned to throw the ball by gripping the laces. I believe he had a slightly truncated finger, if I'm remembering right.

I'm not going to agree with a Nate Davis to Chris Streveler comparison because to me it's like comparing apples and bananas.

I don't know that Streveler really has a pure comparison, which is usually worrisome.

He operated a fast-paced spread, like Jimmy Garoppolo, and has a REALLY quick release, like Garoppolo. Obviously both he and Garoppolo were FCS quarterbacks leading their respective teams to unheard of success, and I think both were even Walter Payton Award finalists. Both came up short in the playoffs to better teams, despite good personal performance. They're both very execution oriented, good managers of their respective offenses.

But the delivery is somewhere between Omar Jacobs and Phil Rivers. His delivery is as quick as Phil Rivers had coming out of NC State, though more over the top, but the lack of hip flexibility and follow-through reminds me a bit of Jacobs. Rivers did have some of that going on at times as well.

And of course he's such a PHYSICAL beast, able to run the football, even play running back like he did at Minnesota, you have to be thinking of a Jordan Lynch, Chandler Harnish, or Taysom Hill. He's sized that way.

But then if you go back to the start and go back to the very basics, how many quarterbacks do we know that run a 4.45? Athletically, he's Tyrod Taylor, with maybe an inch more of height and a little wider base.

I’m sold, everything you mention is evident in that video, which I think you may have posted on YouTube.

That hit he takes around 14:00 on 3rd and 11 was brutal yet next series he was back in there whipping the ball around like nothing happened. The touchdown throw he makes earlier with a man right in his grill was textbook! All that and the receivers he was throwing to looked pretty pedestrian.

Nate Davis had a learning disability. That was the big problem for him. Chris Streveler came out of college with two Masters degrees. I don't think that's a problem for him. Nate Davis also had a monster arm. Cannon on his shoulders, despite never having learned to throw the ball by gripping the laces. I believe he had a slightly truncated finger, if I'm remembering right.

I'm not going to agree with a Nate Davis to Chris Streveler comparison because to me it's like comparing apples and bananas.

I don't know that Streveler really has a pure comparison, which is usually worrisome.

He operated a fast-paced spread, like Jimmy Garoppolo, and has a REALLY quick release, like Garoppolo. Obviously both he and Garoppolo were FCS quarterbacks leading their respective teams to unheard of success, and I think both were even Walter Payton Award finalists. Both came up short in the playoffs to better teams, despite good personal performance. They're both very execution oriented, good managers of their respective offenses.

But the delivery is somewhere between Omar Jacobs and Phil Rivers. His delivery is as quick as Phil Rivers had coming out of NC State, though more over the top, but the lack of hip flexibility and follow-through reminds me a bit of Jacobs. Rivers did have some of that going on at times as well.

And of course he's such a PHYSICAL beast, able to run the football, even play running back like he did at Minnesota, you have to be thinking of a Jordan Lynch, Chandler Harnish, or Taysom Hill. He's sized that way.

But then if you go back to the start and go back to the very basics, how many quarterbacks do we know that run a 4.45? Athletically, he's Tyrod Taylor, with maybe an inch more of height and a little wider base.
sold

I don't know why he's not talked about more to be honest.

First off I don't think it's exactly a long list of QBs who can actually pass the ball, a 66% completion and whatnot, leading their offense, all of that...who run a 4.45 with the jump measures that are consistent with a guy that legit runs in the 4.4's. I mean you can pull up a list of QBs that sort of come close to that, but not many actually reach those levels.

I mean tally it all up,
  • Has 4.45 speed with 38.5" vertical and 10'5" broad jump at 6'2" & 209 lbs.
  • Ultra-fast release; the quickest in the draft.
  • Fantastic body strength and musculature.
  • Natural ball carrying ability that allowed him to move to RB and gain 6.1 yards per carry at Minnesota.
  • Indomitable backfield presence under a rush (really I'm not just whistling Dixie here, if you watch him you'll see it).
  • Two Master's degrees coming out of college, obviously a smart and studious guy.
  • Growth trajectory from 2016 when he returned to playing QB for the first time since 2013, to early 2017, to late 2017.
  • Spreads the football around and doesn't just get caught up with one or two favorites.
  • Tendency to scan the field and find the right guy rather than get locked in pre-snap, lots of 3rd read throws.
  • Accurate enough with the football that he actually throws covered players open in man.
  • Makes decisions about his touch and ball trajectory; knows when and how to feather it or drive it.
  • Keeps his eyes up while scrambling and can flick the ball on a hair trigger to the open player.
  • Ran a blazing fast no-huddle, much like Jimmy Garoppolo did at Eastern Illinois. This requires fast information processing.
  • Regarded by teammates to be the leader, elected captain, gives the big halftime speeches and whatnot (his coach was in tears talking about him).
  • Took a team that hadn't won more than 6 games in a decade, won 8 games, beat an FBS team,
  • Won a playoff game, and had a hell of an effort in the playoff loss (571 yards and 6 TDs in a loss).
  • Tough. Played with an injured throwing hand for much of 2017. Had to throw with a glove, and he's not a glove guy.
  • Throwing Stats: 316 of 481 (66%) for 4,134 yards (8.6 YPA), 31 TDs (6.4%), 8 INTs (1.7%).
  • Rushing Stats: 168 runs, +870 positive gains, -150 negative gains (sack yardage), 11 TDs.
  • Accounted for a ridiculous 71% of his offense's yardage, clearly THE guy on offense. Had 8 of 13 games with 300+ yards passing.
  • Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year, Walter Payton Award (for best offensive player in FCS) Finalist.
  • A rival head coach overheard at his pro day referring to Streveler as "one of the best pure football players I've ever seen".
Clearly there are aspects of his follow-through and footwork that you'll want to help him work on more. I think Slimm brought up that even though he only had a 1.7% interception rate in FCS, he looks like a guy that would throw more interceptions at higher levels.

But elsewise, I don't know what I'm missing. I've no clue why he's not getting more attention.

I think your evaluations of where these players should be drafted are way off base then. And anyone that believes someone that compares to Mark Sanchez should be drafted in the first round, is hard to take seriously.
Some people actually think mark sanchez was a good qb believe it or not lol

And as for strever, get him on the team and coached up.... if no one is talking about him, we could use a late rounder on him

I’ve been trying to figure which formerly banned member that guy is and the mention of Sanchez make me think it could by nyjunc.

Someone get a hold of Gase and have him draft this Streveler kid in the later rounds. Would you say his release is similar to Marino?

White is horrible. Needs to be removed from any consideration.

Back
Top Bottom