Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Team Made The Best Head-coaching Hire? Ranking Nfl's Eight New Head Coaches

Everyone knows that supposed political bias is a huge problem in generic sports news... How did Breitbart rank the new coaches?

It's undoutable that a guy who almost everyone on this site didn't even know existed until we interviewed him despite being a coach of our rival, being named the #1 hire over proven guys like Arians is...let's just say questionable, at best.

I don't know who the best hires are but common sense tells me Kliff Kingsbury is the worst hire followed by Zac Taylor.

Last edited:
Zac Taylor already named Jim Turner to be OLC after our fiasco and being suspended when back coaching Texas A&M for inappropriate sexual remarks or something like that. You know Sherman who coached the CFL team with the worst record will soon be joining the staff. Good luck Bengals fans ... oh and of course Dalton .

Kingsbury based on his record and not even being named HC at USC is a joke.. but if it were down to these 2, I'd still take Kingsbury and the unknown than Taylor.

It's undoutable that a guy who almost everyone on this site didn't even know existed until we interviewed him despite being a coach of our rival, being named the #1 hire over proven guys like Arians is...let's just say questionable, at best.

I certainly wouldn't rank him #1 over Arians. But I have no idea what supposed "political bias" at Yahoo news would have anything to do with how some NFL coaches are ranked.

Most of these coaches look like garbage to me, so based purely on background and qualifications, especially in light of his unit's playoff and super bowl performance, you probably have to put him in Top 3, probably along with Arians and Gase. The others are pure crapshoot and look like some desperate teams trying to recreate McVay magic with some knockoffs.

Like I said, I think the vast majority of these guys will be gone in 3 to 4 years, Flores included...

There is only one answer, the short term answer. There is no long term answer if there is no short term answer.

85441033.jpg

Zac Taylor already named Jim Turner to be OLC after our fiasco and being suspended when back coaching Texas A&M for inappropriate sexual remarks or something like that. You know Sherman who coached the CFL team with the worst record will soon be joining the staff. Good luck Bengals fans ... oh and of course Dalton .

Kingsbury based on his record and not even being named HC at USC is a joke.. but if it were down to these 2, I'd still take Kingsbury and the unknown than Taylor.

Wouldn't Taylor be more of an unknown? Kingsbury has a known HC record of 35-40 that we can judge him by.

Wouldn't Taylor be more of an unknown? Kingsbury has a known HC record of 35-40 that we can judge him by.
Well that's one way to look at it; another is that Kingbury coached Mahomes and neophyte Taylor did nothing for Tannehill put in an undistinguished year or two as the U of Cinci OC and likely stood by while McVay coached up Goff.

One thing I always find crazy is that people manage to use the logic that because no Bellichek assistant has been successful, it’s somehow a negative to have come from that tree.

As if having learned from and coached underneath one of the greatest coaches of our time can somehow be a bad thing just because there hasn’t been a major success from his tree yet.

Flores seems like a down to earth dude who understand defenses. I don’t know if he’ll be successful but I do think his temperament will resonate with players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/team-made-...ng-nfls-eight-new-head-coaches-141303628.html

d66728896d48fb199a7a073a5a5014a9

1. Brian Flores, Miami — Is putting Flores No. 1 an overreaction to Super Bowl LIII? Sure. But Flores actually has something really good on his resume. He’s not someone who was fired from his alma mater after not winning in the Big 12, he didn’t wash out with the Dolphins, and he didn’t direct one offense that was in the bottom eight of the league last season. He wasn’t hired after one good-half season as an offensive coordinator or because a team hopes Sean McVay’s magic has rubbed off. He’s not a short-term answer in his 60s. Flores is 37 years old, well respected by players and for a while has been touted as a star in making. He landed on a Dolphins team that won’t be good for a while, and hopefully he’ll be given patience. He’ll need it. But he absolutely could be the first Bill Belichick assistant to hit it big.

Click on link for rest of article.

This is encouraging. we need to save these articles til ''23 or '23. IF Flores is the next Fistpump and fans start dissing the FO for such a bad pick, they need to be reminded MANY people saw him as a top candidate. Or, the flip side, use them to prove doubters the FO CAN make a good choice.

I think we need to give him them opportunity to succeed before we say he isn't going to be successful. His personality will be refreshing with the fans and the players I believe. May he get the building blocks in place and keep on building to get the team back in the playoffs.

I certainly wouldn't rank him #1 over Arians. But I have no idea what supposed "political bias" at Yahoo news would have anything to do with how some NFL coaches are ranked.

Most of these coaches look like garbage to me, so based purely on background and qualifications, especially in light of his unit's playoff and super bowl performance, you probably have to put him in Top 3, probably along with Arians and Gase. The others are pure crapshoot and look like some desperate teams trying to recreate McVay magic with some knockoffs.

Like I said, I think the vast majority of these guys will be gone in 3 to 4 years, Flores included...

I have a feeling the implied political bias the poster was referring to may have something to do with his status as the only minority on the list.

I agree that everyone outside of Arians could probably be ranked in any order and a decent argument could be made for it. The fact that Arians wasn't the clear cut number one does leave me a bit skeptical though. I certainly have no proof that it was due to any political biases, but im also at a loss for any other reasonable explanation. The guy is a multiple coach of the year winner. Just makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom