Which WR Would You want on the Dolphins???? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which WR Would You want on the Dolphins????

WHich WR would you want on the Dfins?

• Sinorice Moss

Votes: 33 14.7%
  • Santonio Holmes

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • Chad Jackson

Votes: 126 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters
Chad Jackson....

1. Chambers
2. Booker
3. Jackson

Throw in McMike and Ronnie...Daunte will light it up.

definetly sinorice he has that shiftyness tha we so desperetly need in our pass game i like him.

I like holmes, he was awesome at Ohio State (go bucks) but I think we need a LB or take the bucks center for first pick in stead of a WR.

Sinorice.....we have a good possession receiver in booker, we dont have a speedster

also, you have to take into account punt return potential.

Santonio Holmes would be my pick. Other than his size, he doesnt really have a weakness in his game. He blocks well, is a deep threat, has great hands, plays bigger than his size (much like Chris Chambers), and most of all he's an absolute playmaker. A lot of people on this board like Chad Jackson because they believe him to be a big physical reciever who can compliment CC when in reality hes lacking in the strength department and isnt as physical as you would like for someone with his frame. Ive never really been blown away with CJ so i'd have to place him second behind Santonio who im confident has more to offer. I have a feeling Nick might be wanting to upgrade our return game also and Holmes can certainly provide that as well.

If you said anything other than Chad Jackson in this post you're off your rocker. Holmes is overrated, Moss may be decent but I don't know, Chad Jackson is a consistent talent that is undeniable. I take Chad Jackson in a landslide.

n_daubenmire said:
[mod] There is no need to describe any player like that. Keep it respectable![/mod]

Well, my point is, I'd rather have no one at WR than some player like TO that brings the entire team down. And it seems that EVERY player out of UM.
Just what exactly is wrong with being ghetto? Is there a problem with that? I wish you would try spending a week in the ghetto going around making comments like that..my condolences go out to your family

But, ignoring the lame and getting back on topic, I'd like a change of pace type of receiver. One that can bring speed and quickness to the table and can exploit defenses with his explosive abilities to compliment Chambers & Booker. Santonio Holmes fits the bill, but I like Sinorice Moss equally because he'd be a great returner as well. I think Chad Jackson will be the best receiver of the three, and he'd give us flexibility in the future if we need to get rid of Booker.

Picture it like this:

Chambers = all-around, superstar, go-to receiver
Booker = possession guy
Moss/Holmes would bring that #3 WR/explosiveness to the table. Holmes I could really see as the #2 WR by 2007.

i dont understande why we would take holmes instead of jackson.jackson is just as fast and is a better and bigger target.has great hands.i hope we get him

Blueprint said:
Just what exactly is wrong with being ghetto? Is there a problem with that? I wish you would try spending a week in the ghetto going around making comments like that..my condolences go out to your family

Let me make this suggestion: the mods have asked us to move on from this aspect of the discussion here. Anybody who wants to talk about the ghetto seriously is welcome to join us down in the Political/War Forum. That's where such talk belongs.

Ricky's Pipe said:
Sinorice.....we have a good possession receiver in booker, we dont have a speedster

also, you have to take into account punt return potential.

Nothing else to say...

Dmancari23 said:
If you said anything other than Chad Jackson in this post you're off your rocker. Holmes is overrated, Moss may be decent but I don't know, Chad Jackson is a consistent talent that is undeniable. I take Chad Jackson in a landslide.
Oh please, if anything Jackson is MUCH more overrated especially on this board. He averaged 10.2 yards per reception with a very respectable QB prospect throwing him the ball and people want to call this guy a big play threat. I watched a couple big games this past season where Jackson was completely shut down (vs. LSU and Georgia). I think he had less than 30 yards in both games. And how can you call him a 'consistent talent' when before this past season he was viewed as a major dissapointment racking up a whopping 29 catches in 12 games in a passing offense. People seem to blame Urban Meyers system when you bring up his low yards per catch but its obvious that he benefited from it overall going from (29 to 88 receptions in the span of one season). Look, I like Chad Jackson and I wouldnt be incredibly dissapointed if we drafted him but you talk about him like he's elite when he's clearly not. Santonio is far from overrated in my opinion. Before last season, all anyone could talk about was Teddy Ginn as the best reciever in the country and Santonio outplayed him all year. He brings more to the table, you would agree if you followed him more.

Jimmy James said:
Didn't Kosar play for the Dolphins?

Bernie Kosar. Had the ugliest throwing motion ever. You know what he did with it? He won the Qb challenge at Disney by throwing every pass thru the center of the tire. No one else, Elway Marino, Montana could accomplish that.
He also could read defenses with the best of them and refused to watch football on TV. He said that they only showed the offense on gameday on TV and he wanted to see the defense.
Great QB from the U of M.
PS: he also couldn't run very fast. But when he did, he completed passes at a very high completion rate.
I always wondered why he never became a head coach. Super smart player! From the Canes!

:dolphins:

Santonio Holmes is a deep threat!! chad jackson is a possession receiver even though he has great speed. i know that sounds weird but its true. if you wan that barnburner to beat the cb and make a one handed grab in the endzone its holmes. Jackson is too similar to Chambers style of play that it would be like the knicks having marbury and francis. Sinorice Moss would fit too but its too early to draft him 1st and he wont fall to 3rd so hes out of the question. You draft Holmes who will run the fly with chambers running a post underneath him. the safety chooses one to help cover most likely the long ball to holmes and chambers gets hit on the post breaks a tackle and has a 35 yard gain just like that. Holmes will help spread the defense and make the safeties respect the pass even more with just chambers as an option getting double teamed every play. DRAFT HOLMES.

Back
Top Bottom