White Uniforms | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

White Uniforms

Now I just don't get it, are these football players some type of models or something, where they have to change wet unis? That makes no sense to me, and it'sa waste of time. Have you ever seen the preparation it takes for these guys to get dressed? That takes quite awhile. The only thing I have seen changed during a rainy game is the ball. NOT UNIFORMS. That is rediculous. Changing during halftime? That is just nuts, IMHO.

Now as far as Madden saying they looked slow? Well, I am sure the Bears didn't think Ricky was slow that day.:D

Originally posted by Hellion

What???? Did you go on the field and feel the players uniforms to see if they were still wet? So how would you know if they changed their wet pants and jerseys for dry ones?

Or were you being sarcastic?

Seriously...I've never seen the team come out in clean uniforms at half time when they got dirty in the first half. It takes a while to get those jerseys on and off(especially for the linemen who have them taped to their pads), so unless there's actual damage to the uniform, it's highly unlikely that they would change them for a game. Besides, the team can't take 2-3 pairs of EVERY players uniform with them on the road...too expensive.

What kind opf pansies are out there playing, "Oooh, we are wet, we need to change. These wet pants are chafing me, I can't play like this. YUCK". Really, that is quite stupid if you asked me. Once they are geared up, that equipment don't come off unless something is damaged.

Wow, this thread has certainly taken quite an interesting direction. This wasn't what I envisioned when I posted it, but very entertaining nonetheless. The Dolphins only wear their (I will call them dark to save any arguments) dark jerseys for home night games, and for road games when the visiting team wears white (Dallas, to name one). However, if I remember correctly, back when Don Shula was the coach they sometimes wore their dark jerseys for home late afternoon starts. I can remember play-off games against Kansas City and San Diego in the early 1990's where they did that. I would like to see them go back to doing that, because we don't get to see the dark jerseys very often (only once last year, not counting pre-season). However, since we do have three home night games this year, as well as the Thanksgiving Day game at Dallas, I guess we will get to see them 4 times (err, 3 because one time they will be wearing the orange ones).

:calm: Chill out
They don't wear tape and pads during warm up unless something has changed. So changing the jersey after getting soaked during warm up at a home game is not a big deal. It doesn't make you a pansie or a wimp or anything as imature thinking as that.
Infact we used to warm up in one jersey and have the game jersey already on the pads and hanging up so after warm ups we didn't have to go through the agonizing process of getting taped and preped.

I was speculating on the halftime thing. So I digress from that comment sense it was mostly meant as sarcasim to begin with.And i don't ever recall changing at halftime myself

Plus I NEVER said they change DURING the game. I said after warm ups and speculated on halftime.
As far as expense for extra jerseys and pants goes, I seriously doubt that a billionaire is worried about it. Plus it was a home game, where is the expense?
This is pretty much all i'm going to argue about this subject sense it's about uniform color.

So hey... YOU MAY BE RIGHT!:peace:

Hellion, When the season starts, make sure you pay attention. Once warm up begin, they are taped up. Just so you know also, they were talking about tape INSIDE the jersey. That's right, linemen get taped up all inside the jersey, so the defense has less to grab a hold of. I think last time I remember, they said it takes close to an hour to get Tim Bowens suited up for a game. Also, if you notice, pro players come out and warm up IN PADS, so you theory of the jersey already being on the pads is moot, unless you are talking of your high school/college experience, that's a whole different subject.

Fact of the matter is, you posted saying that they change after warm ups and maybe during halftime because the unis are wet. What would coach think, if he is trying to hype up the team, and they are all getting redone. Really, makes no sense. Pay close attention this year, I go to many home games, since I live 15 min from Joe Robbie, and they are fully dressed when they come out for warm ups.

You BECOME a billionaire by worrying about every nickle and dime. And the added expense from loading and unloading 60 extra uniforms 8 times a season, isn't chump change. I haven't called an NFL equipment manager lately, but I do recall seeing players wearing the same repaired uniform after half-time that had been damaged during the first half. If they aren't going to change uni's that are damaged, I don't see them chaging uni's that are wet.

:calm: Chill out
They don't wear tape and pads during warm up unless something has changed. So changing the jersey after getting soaked during warm up at a home game is not a big deal. It doesn't make you a pansie or a wimp or anything as imature thinking as that.
Infact we used to warm up in one jersey and have the game jersey already on the pads and hanging up so after warm ups we didn't have to go through the agonizing process of getting taped and preped.

I was speculating on the halftime thing. So I digress from that comment sense it was mostly meant as sarcasim to begin with.And i don't ever recall changing at halftime myself

Plus I NEVER said they change DURING the game. I said after warm ups and speculated on halftime.
As far as expense for extra jerseys and pants goes, I seriously doubt that a billionaire is worried about it. Plus it was a home game, where is the expense?
This is pretty much all i'm going to argue about this subject sense it's about uniform color.

So hey... YOU MAY BE RIGHT!:peace:

I know what you're talking about Hellion. I know Brad Johnson of the Bucs changes his jersey at half time. He says he sweats too much and if he didn't he would have trouble gripping the ball if he didn't change his clothes at half time.

If they want to change their clothes I know they have that option.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I know what you're talking about Hellion. I know Brad Johnson of the Bucs changes his jersey at half time. He says he sweats too much and if he didn't he would have trouble gripping the ball if he didn't change his clothes at half time.

If they want to change their clothes I know they have that option.

Oliver...

Maybe if he got his hand out of his jock during the game....;) .....

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Just out of curiosity, which white uniforms do you guys like better, the ones with white pants or the ones with teal pants? Personally, I like the teal pants better, since teal is my favorite color, but that's just me.

I don't really give a care as long as I can be up in the stands somewhere !! But if I'm watching on TV, white on white are easier to follow, but i do like the new aqua/aqua (or whatever color we want to call it, LOL) appears to have a rather nasty attitude with it.

:lol: :lol:

What???? Did you go on the field and feel the players uniforms to see if they were still wet? So how would you know if they changed their wet pants and jerseys for dry ones?

Or were you being sarcastic?

What do you have to do to ask a question that somebody doesn't blow a gasket over?....I asked a simple question and you act like I pissed down your scalp..... Sorry I didn't put enough smileys for you to figure out I wasn't attacking you....:shakeno:

Last edited:
I would like the aqua on aqua better if they matched the shades on the jerseys with the pants. White on white looks better during the early kickoffs while the white on aqua looks better indoors and during late afternoon/evening games.

I hope to high heaven that when they break out the orange jerseys, they pair them with the white pants since there is apparently no aqua on the jersey.

BAck to the original question.. from an old time Dolphin Fan - White/White is the classic look. Don't EVEN want to see orange - would rather see the old blue jerseys than THAT!!!! Don't like aqua/aqua at all.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
I would like the aqua on aqua better if they matched the shades on the jerseys with the pants. White on white looks better during the early kickoffs while the white on aqua looks better indoors and during late afternoon/evening games.

I hope to high heaven that when they break out the orange jerseys, they pair them with the white pants since there is apparently no aqua on the jersey.

No aqua on the orange Jersey????

Have you seen the Jersey??

As far as I know it has not been unveiled.

Trek - When Huizenga announced they were going to roll out an orange jersey this season, the jersey he talked about had orange with blue trim. No mention of aqua.

Back
Top Bottom