White Uniforms | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

White Uniforms

While the colors in the logo might have changed, is that true with the uniforms also? I would think a team's official colors are determined more by the uniform color, than by the colors used in the logo. I have a recent jersey that looks more aqua than teal.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Well, that may be so, BUT OFFICIALLY our colors are as follows (which somehow I don't understand)

Aqua Green
Orange

This is by definition and stands in the encyclopedia.http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins

AND that is with the new logo.

I'm not sure how OFFICIAL the "wikipedia" is but, I will submit that I am an artist (professionally) and have been all my life9not proffessionally of course)......I have never HEARD of the color Aqua Green (although I suppose that would be a good description).......so, take that any way you want.

Okay, I'll do one better. I'll e-mail the team for exact specifics and get back to this when I have an answer.

Originally posted by relive1972
While the colors in the logo might have changed, is that true with the uniforms also? I would think a team's official colors are determined more by the uniform color, than by the colors used in the logo. I have a recent jersey that looks more aqua than teal.
Like us here in the forum, you're basically at the mercy of whatever source is interpreting the colors to you.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Okay, I'll do one better. I'll e-mail the team for exact specifics and get back to this when I have an answer.
Actually, I think we have done this before....I know that 06, found somewhere on the official site tht the colors are orange and teal.....I can't seem to find it though, we'll have to ask him about it.

You know what's weird is that the away pants seem more aqua than teal but the home jerseys seem more teal than aqua.:confused: AND the Chicago game the uniform looked more teal than aqua.:confused:

So maybe teal and aqua were combined to make aqua green or wikipedia because they were as confused as I am right now!:confused:

I don't care, I just love the Fins. Just don't wear the orange jerseys with the teal,aqua,wikipedia ,aqua green pants.

Check it, I got this from another site

Aqua, Coral, Blue, and White

Okay dude, the reason the Chicago game looked so dark was cause it was raining like hell that night. Also, colors seem to look different under lights rather than under the sun.

ALRIGHTY guys, this is the answer I got from the Dolphins themselves.

Aqua, coral, navy and white.

This should close this argument.

Not for me it doesn't.....those are the original colors....the ones we have now are DEFINATELY NOT ....Aqua and coral.....I may not know much but, this is one area that I am VERY familiar with.

:lol:....sorry man....I'm just passionate about colors :goof:.....

Like I said earlier, it ALL depends on who is mixing, naming, copying, showing or inventing the color you are looking at.....if you do a google image search on aqua, orange, teal, or coral, you will come up with some that match and some that don't....It's whatever that source feels like is the right color.....I guess it's all pretty subjective anyway so, in that case I guess you may be right too. :D

or we both may be wrong, it's all crazy.

Aqua jersey....white pants. Aqua on Aqua looks like Arena league...it's the "pimp" version of a football uniform. MAybe they could design an athletic shoe with platform heels filled with goldfish to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom