Who actually made the decision to start Tua? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who actually made the decision to start Tua?

EROCK528

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seems a bit strange to me that Flores would change his tune so quickly and decide to start Tua. He stated multiple times that he thought that Tua was not ready and Fitzgave the team the best chance to win. Then after Tua came in late in the Jets game and the crowd got so excited, TV ratings spiked and the fins became a national story....the team makes an awkward announcement that Tua would be the starter. To me, it seems like this is coming from the top Ross..through Grier (who was on the call with Tua) to Fores?

It seems a bit strange to me that Flores would change his tune so quickly and decide to start Tua. He stated multiple times that he thought that Tua was not ready and Fitzgave the team the best chance to win. Then after Tua came in late in the Jets game and the crowd got so excited, TV ratings spiked and the fins became a national story....the team makes an awkward announcement that Tua would be the starter. To me, it seems like this is coming from the top Ross..through Grier (who was on the call with Tua) to Fores?

coach speak.

I think the coaching staff had always planned to play Tua after the bye week (if they believed he was healthy and ready). Once the schedule changed last week, it made the decision more sudden due to Miami playing well and its two game winning streak

The aliens did.
The same ones that abducted DVP and replaced him with an effective WR have brain melded father and son Tom and Brian Flores (possibly incorrect).
I know this to be true because they told me

I think the Jets game told the Dolphins coaches everything they needed to know, even with 3 TD's in the first half Fitzpatrick's very uneven play the 2 int's and the lack of ability to convert on a single 3rd down opportunity against the worst team in the league was troubling.

The idea that Ross called them and told them it's time to start Tua sounds like BS.

Coaching staff made the call

Actually the decision was made by some of the members on this board. They said Tua needed to start now so Flores decided to go with it.
If it works like that can we start a Ruckus for GM push?

I think the plan was to start him on the original bye week but they also saw a lot of points left on the board the last two games so when the bye moved up so did Tua's timeline to start. Coach Flo sees who we have coming up and fg's and missed opportunities won't cut it.

You can see the interest in player acquisition so they must feel the season can be a success and Tua gives them the best chance. Either way, it's a win for us as we get to see what Tua can do, he gets much needed game time experience and maybe we can get some growing pains out of the way and shoot for the stars next season.

I think it was Flo, case closed. Let’s not over complicate things. Flo said he wasn’t ready 2 weeks ago and now he’s starting a game a month later (including the BYE). Why are folks trying to put an imaginary time table on the “not ready” comment? He wasn’t ready what will be a month before his first start but is now,

Back
Top Bottom