Who actually made the decision to start Tua? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who actually made the decision to start Tua?

Also- who knows when we would ever have the draft capital again like we do in the coming draft.
If Tua tanks, we have four prime picks and some nice potential QB's coming out.
Gotta find out.
This move sure has inspired a lot of opinions from a lot of talking heads. I hope Tua just turns his phone off and ignores it.

Some people on this board seem to have short attention spans. Flores did the same thing last year when he said Rosen would be starting the rest of the season and then just days later switched to Fitz. From all appearances it appears that Flores has final say on the lineup and a big part in the makeup of the roster. Too many conspiracy theories bouncing around about Grier and Ross.

I think the plan was to start him on the original bye week but they also saw a lot of points left on the board the last two games so when the bye moved up so did Tua's timeline to start. Coach Flo sees who we have coming up and fg's and missed opportunities won't cut it.

You can see the interest in player acquisition so they must feel the season can be a success and Tua gives them the best chance. Either way, it's a win for us as we get to see what Tua can do, he gets much needed game time experience and maybe we can get some growing pains out of the way and shoot for the stars next season.
It was the perfect storm. Bye week and Fitztragic was his old self

In my opinion Tua was always going to start when he was ready and I believe if there were preseason games he would have been the starter day 1. What Tua did against the Jets probably didn't go unnoticed by the coaches. He came into the game and made two decision in live action that showed me he was ready for the moment. He didn't panic throwing out of the endzone with pressure, and the completion on third down was something Fitz failed to do the entire game. Both plays showed me that this was not to big for Tua, and I believe it's what changed the coaches mindset when it comes to who's going to be the starting QB. Add in the business side and starting Tua is what the organization needed/should do. As for the players and how they were notified I believe Flores learned that this situation should have played out sequentially. Telling Fitz, telling Tua, and then telling the team, as someone associated with those two (Fitz or Tua) leaked this to the media. You could see the hurt/disappointment on Flores face, so there's learning for all in this situation, hopefully they all put this behind them soon and get to the business of playing and coaching winning football. I personally support what they did and watching Tua not get rattled against the Jets is what did it for me.

It seems a bit strange to me that Flores would change his tune so quickly and decide to start Tua. He stated multiple times that he thought that Tua was not ready and Fitzgave the team the best chance to win. Then after Tua came in late in the Jets game and the crowd got so excited, TV ratings spiked and the fins became a national story....the team makes an awkward announcement that Tua would be the starter. To me, it seems like this is coming from the top Ross..through Grier (who was on the call with Tua) to Fores?
The guy is BB's protege. Did you ever hear him leaning too hard towards RF being the starter? Nah he left himself oodles of wiggle room. But let's fire up the paranoia meter!

Flo wouldnt do it if Flo didnt want too. I do believe a big part of it is making sure we see what we have with him before the next draft though. At least from Greirs perspective.
It's what I would want to do if'ns I was in charge.

Back
Top Bottom