Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

If I'm being honest, there may be more needs on defense for Miami, especially if they lose Wilkins.

But, nail down the offensive needs and I think this team could take off. My goal would be to improve dramatically in the short yardage offense. That's probably adding two offensive linemen early, and a physical back.

Maybe the TE add is through free agency?

Basically, Feverdream's approach.
In today's NFL my goal would be build the best Offense I could and pair it with a decent to solid defense.

In the Fins case right now I think the most important thing to do is to put Tua in the best position possible. I would try to do that with an OL hat will protect him and allow a running game to create the best down and distance situations.

My goal would be a Top 5 Offense and a Defense in the mid range somewhere.

That could also put Sanders in play at the end of round 1. Something else to consider there.
I certainly hope not.

He is not a real TE he is a glorified big WR.

In that context his performance at Texas was pedestrian at best, in no way is he a 1st Rounder.

I am sure McD would love to have George Kittle and if you find another one let me know, but Sanders isn't it.

In today's NFL my goal would be build the best Offense I could and pair it with a decent to solid defense.

In the Fins case right now I think the most important thing to do is to put Tua in the best position possible. I would try to do that with an OL hat will protect him and allow a running game to create the best down and distance situations.

My goal would be a Top 5 Offense and a Defense in the mid range somewhere.

Yep.

Interesting. I think Miami may actually have more needs on defense (depending on free agency), but I'd put most of the resources on offense. The way the Dolphins struggled on offense at the end of the year simply can't happen if the team is going to take that next step. In other words, I think the needle moves more with offensive additions.

I know a lot of it was injuries, but the over reliance on Hill and not having a receiving tight end/larger receiver hurt. Improve the offensive line, and Miami can win those short-yardage downs more often. I think that's the key.

Always love to ask this question. Would be awesome to know who McDaniel is pounding the table for and Weaver as the new DC.

I've got two so far:
1. Bowers
2. Verse

Yes, both are likely gone. But recent mocks have them within striking distance. Bowers is usually around 15-16, close enough perhaps for a trade-up (next year's 2nd rounder?). Can you imagine Hill, Waddle and Bowers? How do you defend that?

Close to pounding the table for Franklin, Thomas and D. Robinson. Mims? So hard for me to judge offensive line.

At 55, it's so much harder to speculate, but maybe Sanders if he makes it. Wilson at linebacker is someone else I like a lot, though injuries factor in. Legette perhaps.

I’m with you on Bowers. IMO the next step needed to evolve the Dolphins offense is a dynamic TE. They’ve got elite wideouts and speed, and showed the ability to run the ball well with Mostert and Achane.

Now they need an athletic, dynamic TE threat in the middle of the field and seams.

Both teams in the SB yesterday have benefitted from dynamic TE play over the years. So I’d argue it’s been proven to be an important asset to have.

Bowers is not only a phenomenal receiving talent, he can block too.

Yes, I know the Dolphins have other needs too. But IDC. If there’s any shot to reach up and grab him (for reasonable compensation) I’m 100% in support.

I’m with you on Bowers. IMO the next step needed to evolve the Dolphins offense is a dynamic TE. They’ve got elite wideouts and speed, and showed the ability to run the ball well with Mostert and Achane.

Now they need an athletic, dynamic TE threat in the middle of the field and seams.

Both teams in the SB yesterday have benefitted from dynamic TE play over the years. So I’d argue it’s been proven to be an important asset to have.

Bowers is not only a phenomenal receiving talent, he can block too.

Yes, I know the Dolphins have other needs too. But IDC. If there’s any shot to reach up and grab him (for reasonable compensation) I’m 100% in support.
If he starts dropping, trading up may not be too expensive or out of the question.

Recently, I've seen him mocked around 15-16. Getting from 21 to 14 is possible, preferably using a draft pick from 2025.

If he starts dropping, trading up may not be too expensive or out of the question.

Recently, I've seen him mocked around 15-16. Getting from 21 to 14 is possible, preferably using a draft pick from 2025.

Agreed.

I’d also add that I recognize the need to improve the o-line too. However, I thought the line looked improved under Butch Barry last season and if they can just get their starters to remain somewhat healthy, that need isn’t as bad as it once was. Although, they will need to replace Armstead soon, if not next season, and IIRC Connor Williams is a FA as well.

I’d like to see them address center with their 2nd round selection, hopefully landing someone like Sedrick Van Pran. Bowers and Van Pran would be alright by me.

Agreed.

I’d also add that I recognize the need to improve the o-line too. However, I thought the line looked improved under Butch Barry last season and if they can just get their starters to remain somewhat healthy, that need isn’t as bad as it once was. Although, they will need to replace Armstead soon, if not next season, and IIRC Connor Williams is a FA as well.

I’d like to see them address center with their 2nd round selection, hopefully landing someone like Sedrick Van Pran. Bowers and Van Pran would be alright by me.
Unfortunately most of their starters are free agents, we only have 4 linemen under contract so far, plus if they give Tua that extension they are going to want to protect him at his cost, just my opinion though

Agreed.

That would be terrific. Really like both of those players a lot. Bowers to me moves the needle and also improves the offensive line.

Unfortunately most of their starters are free agents, we only have 4 linemen under contract so far, plus if they give Tua that extension they are going to want to protect him at his cost, just my opinion though

Probably so.

Back
Top Bottom