Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

For a team like, Miami, though, they can start inside then kick out in case of injury - with the plan to have them start at OT once a veteran (Armstead in Miami's case) moves on or retires.
I agree.

I don't want a pure IOL in R1 but a guy who can play one of the G spots as a rookie and then slide to LT in a year I would be fine with.

Fautanu seems like a good fit for that reason.

Or trade back 7-10 slots to make taking an IOL more palatable.

In a case like that I like the idea of grabbing one of the developmental OT's like Guyton, Suamatai or Amengadjie in R2.

If they could add a 3rd rounder and then end up with let's say Barton and one of those OT's I would feel better about it.

I would prefer landing a real OT early and then maybe a guy like Puni, Haynes or McCormick later though.

He can run and he has a big arm.

He has no idea where the ball is going and does not know what to do with it.

I doubt he ever takes an NFL snap at QB.
I think you're spot on. But, we saw what happened with Josh Allen. Similar skill set coming out with severe accuracy issues. It took him several years, and he still has inconsistency issues now and then, but obviously is a top 5ish quarterback in the NFL. I realize for every Josh Allen there's more examples of quarterback failures with accuracy issues...Ryan Leaf, DeMarcus Russell etc.

I think you're spot on. But, we saw what happened with Josh Allen. Similar skill set coming out with severe accuracy issues. It took him several years, and he still has inconsistency issues now and then, but obviously is a top 5ish quarterback in the NFL. I realize for every Josh Allen there's more examples of quarterback failures with accuracy issues...Ryan Leaf, DeMarcus Russell etc.
Josh Allen was miles ahead of Milton.

He showed enough to be a legit Top 10 pick in R1 even with the questions about his accuracy.

Milton is a Day 3 guy at best.

He showed enough to be a legit Top 10 pick in R1 even with the questions about his accuracy.

Yeah, the thing with Milton is that he plays slow and doesn't show playmaking instincts. Allen and Richardson had issues, but they still made a ton of plays despite those issues. Milton hasn't shown that. He's more like Logan Thomas.

I’m starting to think WR or CB with our 1st pick. Starting to look at clips and pick 21 is looking like the sweet spot for both positions, and Hill and Ramsey have 1-2 year left on our team each. Those premium position groups fall off a cliff without them.

Incorrect

Senior Year
Allen 11G 152-270 1812Y 56.3% 16TD 6Int (Some sht conference)
Milton 12G 229-354 2813Y 64.7% 20TD 5Int (SEC)

Incorrect

Senior Year
When I said that he showed enough I meant as an athlete playing football, not to someone just going by whatever stats you can find to fit your argument.

But by all means compare Milton to Josh Allen, let's see how that one ages.

Incorrect

Senior Year
I didn't see Allen play in college, but I do think some here are sleeping on Melton. Not talking about first or second round, but you gamble on his arm and athletic ability in the mid-rounds.

I didn't see Allen play in college, but I do think some here are sleeping on Melton. Not talking about first or second round, but you gamble on his arm and athletic ability in the mid-rounds.
Allen had a wider range of skills compared to Milton. In Josh's final game at the Potato Bowl, he showed exactly who he became in the NFL.

Milton's range is yet to be determined but his skill set is 100% bound by the RPO offense. His playing style isn't anything like Allen's, if anything Milton compares to Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom