Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

Milton is a TE playing QB.

If he accepts reality he could have a career in that role.
Milton is an intriguing backup option for Miami. I could see him playing an immediate role in 3rd and short packages. Push play etc.

But I don't think he really fits Miami's current system, which relies on quick reads and accuracy.

Bi Nix is someone who I think would be a great fit, but he's also likely a 1st rounder.

Milton is an intriguing backup option for Miami. I could see him playing an immediate role in 3rd and short packages. Push play etc.

But I don't think he really fits Miami's current system, which relies on quick reads and accuracy.

Bi Nix is someone who I think would be a great fit, but he's also likely a 1st rounder.
He can run and he has a big arm.

He has no idea where the ball is going and does not know what to do with it.

I doubt he ever takes an NFL snap at QB.

I do a lot of mocks... I'm retired and bored a lot. LoL.

I've taken Milton in the 7th several times. I think he's a decent stab-- maybe not as a QB, but as a slash player.
If he can catch at all, you'd have a nice gadget guy. The Saints have had a lot of fun with Taysom Hill, even though he is INCREDIBLY overpaid.

I would interview him first though... be straight with him about the fact that I don't view him as a QB and see if he is willing to make the change. If he was adamant that he was only a QB... I'd pass.

I do a lot of mocks... I'm retired and bored a lot. LoL.

I've taken Milton in the 7th several times. I think he's a decent stab-- maybe not as a QB, but as a slash player.
If he can catch at all, you'd have a nice gadget guy. The Saints have had a lot of fun with Taysom Hill, even though he is INCREDIBLY overpaid.

I would interview him first though... be straight with him about the fact that I don't view him as a QB and see if he is willing to make the change. If he was adamant that he was only a QB... I'd pass.

There are very few professions where facts do not matter, like politics, journalism, fictional literature, and such. Maybe you come from one of those professions where bullsh rules the day.
In most professions, including football and evaluations, facts matter and your opinion as well as that of @jimthefin is divorced from facts and pure bullsh. First you need to be in line with facts, and then you can offer opinion that is in line with the facts.

There are very few professions where facts do not matter, like politics, journalism, fictional literature, and such. Maybe you come from one of those professions where bullsh rules the day.
In most professions, including football and evaluations, facts matter and your opinion as well as that of @jimthefin is divorced from facts and pure bullsh. First you need to be in line with facts, and then you can offer opinion that is in line with the facts.

Well... considering that ALL of the established football scouts and professional NFL people scoff at Milton's chances to succeed, I would say that the 'facts' are on our side. At least the 'prevailing opinion'.

I'm not sure that your VERY lone voice on this one player can said to be 'facts'

Honestly I'd love Mccarthy but we aren't going to pick him (we'd probably have to trade up at this point). So being realistic I'd like powers and continue fixing the line from there. I think we made some bad play calls this year because it the best our bad and banged up line could handle.

Also the bad snaps showed during preseason and never really went away. Yes a lot of that was eich but Williams had issues too. Throw in the injury and the threat of hold out I'd really like to be done with those two guys.

I have a nasty feeling I'm going be disappointed though. This fo cannot do o line right. We're either a toxic locker room or hot garbage.

I have long been operating under the idea that Largo is an internet "character" that is meant to be a comedic take on the internet know it all and not to be taken seriously.

Honestly I'd love Mccarthy but we aren't going to pick him (we'd probably have to trade up at this point). So being realistic I'd like powers and continue fixing the line from there. I think we made some bad play calls this year because it the best our bad and banged up line could handle.

Also the bad snaps showed during preseason and never really went away. Yes a lot of that was eich but Williams had issues too. Throw in the injury and the threat of hold out I'd really like to be done with those two guys.

I have a nasty feeling I'm going be disappointed though. This fo cannot do o line right. We're either a toxic locker room or hot garbage.
There are some potentially fascinating scenarios which could occur early in the draft:

1. If McCarthy or Nix is available at 21, would we be brave enough to take him and let him compete with Tua?

2. If JPJ is available at 21 do we take him or go OT, WR or Edge?

3. Do we trade down to the bottom 1st or early 2nd if we pick up a 3rd?

one player I really wanted us to draft is Ben Sinnott but now that we got Smith, i doubt we'd draft a TE unless is on day 3 and even then I'm not sure they will.

As for OL......there are several players I like.....JPJ/Barton/Fantanu and there are more.

question for the gurus (@j-off-her-doll do you think is possible 9 OT's go in the first round?

I don't see 9.

Even if you count Fautanu, Morgan, and Barton, I see 8. Those 3 + Alt, Mims, Latham, Fashanu, and Fuaga.

I guess Guyton would be the 9th. Maybe a team would make that investment, but I see him as more of a developmental OT, someone you take in the 41-75 range, than a guy who could come in and play early.

I don't see 9.

Even if you count Fautanu, Morgan, and Barton, I see 8. Those 3 + Alt, Mims, Latham, Fashanu, and Fuaga.

I guess Guyton would be the 9th. Maybe a team would make that investment, but I see him as more of a developmental OT, someone you take in the 41-75 range, than a guy who could come in and play early.
btw, even though they played OT in college, I can see at least 3 of them kicking inside in the NFL with Fautanu,Barton and Fuaga most likely.

There are some potentially fascinating scenarios which could occur early in the draft:

1. If McCarthy or Nix is available at 21, would we be brave enough to take him and let him compete with Tua?

2. If JPJ is available at 21 do we take him or go OT, WR or Edge?

3. Do we trade down to the bottom 1st or early 2nd if we pick up a 3rd?
McCarthys stock is moving up, I'm convinced he will go before 21. Sadly I don't think we'll be brave enough to take him. Plus if we spend the pick we'd have to trade Tua at that point rather than have a competition.

We have lots of line needs, but OC is too big to ignore. There's talent depth this year for wr, but it's not an area with enough need.

I always love a good trade down. But usually other teams are also looking for them. It would be great if we could pick up an extra pick we could use one after getting one stolen. (A first rounder was excessive for Ross being dumb, but the extra pick this year is madness)

btw, even though they played OT in college, I can see at least 3 of them kicking inside in the NFL with Fautanu,Barton and Fuaga most likely.
I think Fautanu and Fuuaga can play OT in the NFL.

Barton could in a pinch but he is an IOL.

Jordan Morgan might be an OG and that might be Latham's best spot as well although I am confident he can be a fine RT who has the occasional lapse in pass pro.

I have Guyton in the same bucket with Suamataia and Amegadjie as toolsy developmental OT's worth trying to develop but not in R1.

I think Fautanu and Fuuaga can play OT in the NFL.

Barton could in a pinch but he is an IOL.

Jordan Morgan might be an OG and that might be Latham's best spot as well although I am confident he can be a fine RT who has the occasional lapse in pass pro.

I have Guyton in the same bucket with Suamataia and Amegadjie as toolsy developmental OT's worth trying to develop but not in R1.
they can...just saying there's a chance they move inside and be better by it

I would rather have a pretty good OT than a better OG myself.

I would not move either of them unless they flop at OT.

For a team like, Miami, though, they can start inside then kick out in case of injury - with the plan to have them start at OT once a veteran (Armstead in Miami's case) moves on or retires.

Back
Top Bottom