Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

When you first mentioned him I was really looking for that physical receiver who could break tackles and be that 50/50 winner. Someone to pair/complement Hill and Waddle's skill set.

Not really Franklin's game. I was looking 6-3 and thinking something else.

But he gets YAC a different way and separates so easily. That should play well at the next level.

Like Achane last year, Franklin is someone I keep coming back to. I absolutely think he's a terrific prospect.

There is some concern about size, beating press coverage etc. But Franklin is definitely someone I'd be really excited about if he ends up in Miami.
I think you will start to see Franklin move up.

Late 1st early 2nd is his window.

Probably the most inaccurate QB in this draft... big arm... looks the part...

So did Jamarcus Russell.

I think Milton will fall to day 3... maybe late day 3.

Probably the most inaccurate QB in this draft... big arm... looks the part...

So did Jamarcus Russell.

I think Milton will fall to day 3... maybe late day 3.

Joe Milton is Herbert and Lawrence, a clear first round pick. Maybe the best QB prospect in this draft if it wasn't for Jayden's running ability. He does not have the experience the other two had coming out, that's the only difference. But I'd start him year one, he'd get experience. He's got enough experience to start, maybe not enough experience for others to consider him first round QB, but that's good news for us. We can get him at 21.

Joe Milton is Herbert and Lawrence, a clear first round pick. Maybe the best QB prospect in this draft if it wasn't for Jayden's running ability. He does not have the experience the other two had coming out, that's the only difference. But I'd start him year one, he'd get experience. He's got enough experience to start, maybe not enough experience for others to consider him first round QB, but that's good news for us. We can get him at 21.

Are you serious, or is this some sort of trolling?

Not one scout thinks this guy is even a third round pick... not only is he a wildly inaccurate passer, he has had trouble reading the field... Heck, he's overaged too.

There is a real chance that he goes completely undrafted.

Yes I am serious.
Are you serious with "what the scouts say"?

This is another case where your 100% focus on numbers is preventing you from seeing the human element.

Milton was in college for 6 years... and never looked like a draftable QB. Oh, he's a amazing physical specimen , but he completely lacks touch and is wildly inaccurate in his passing.

You'd take him at #21???

Just wow. I'm not sure that he couldn't become a Taysom Hill type gadget player, but an NFL QB??? No way.

I don't often say, 'I guarantee you', but I guarantee you that he won't go in round one. I SERIOUSLY doubt whether he'll go on the second day.

...and that's why you'd be making a fireable offense to take him early if you were a GM. If you liked him, you'd target him later.

But good luck teaching him to play QB... he's already been trying for 6 years.

But good luck teaching him to play QB... he's already been trying for 6 years.

He is good quarterback, he knows how to play, he had a good year last year. He played better than Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy or Jordan Travis. I would not pond the table if he did not have good, acceptable, production.

Last edited:
He is good quarterback, he know how to play, he had a good year last year. He played better than Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy or Jordan Travis. I would not pond the table if he did not have good, acceptable, production.

We'll revisit this after the draft.

One of us will be wrong.

We'll revisit this after the draft.

One of us will be wrong.

As far as what? You and I are not on the same page on anything. There is nothing to evaluate between our opinions.
You worry about consensus opinions, and what the scouts say, and what teams think, and where players are slotted pre draft. I have 0 cares about that.

He is good quarterback, he knows how to play, he had a good year last year. He played better than Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy or Jordan Travis. I would not pond the table if he did not have good, acceptable, production.
Brother LargoFin, I'll wager $250 donation to Finheaven that Joe Milton isn't drafted in the first round. If you are correct and he is drafted in picks 1-32, I will donate. If I'm correct, and he goes in round 2 or later, you donate. Deal?

As far as what? You and I are not on the same page on anything. There is nothing to evaluate between our opinions.
You worry about consensus opinions, and what the scouts say, and what teams think, and where players are slotted pre draft. I have 0 cares about that.
Which is why you could NEVER be in charge of making these picks; you are attempting to make them in two different vacuums. 1) You fail to understand that you MUST take into account what other human beings are thinking if you want to get the best value. If everyone hates your guy (and they do), then there is no need to select him early... let him slide down to you.
And 2) Your absolute obsession with numbers... heights, weights, 40 times... these are helpful, but they aren't the whole story, and they NEVER have been. Zach Thomas was pretty good... so was Drew Brees...
Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf sucked...
It isnt ALL height, weight, and arm length. Intelligence matters... more than a little.

Guys like Milton took 6 years to finally play for a reason... and the reason was, everyone else was better. Sure, he could have FINALLY figured it out, but read some analysis about the system he was asked to read. See what professional scouts said about his inability to read the field, throw with touch, or hit players in tight windows.

He's an athlete... not a quarterback, but your 100% focus on his athletic numbers doesn't allow you to see it.

At any rate... we'll see where he falls in the draft. It won't be early.

Which is why you could NEVER be in charge of making these picks; you are attempting to make them in two different vacuums. 1) You fail to understand that you MUST take into account what other human beings are thinking if you want to get the best value.

No, I do not have to take anyone's opinion or consensus or scouts into account because I do not play mind games and roll dices. The value is in the player, not in his draft stock.
Dawand Jones was the top tackle last year and you take him top 10, you do not wait until third round because someone says he will drop. And you certainly do not draft Cam Smith over Dawand Jones.

The only thing that matters is whether a prospect measures up to take you to SB on rookie contract. Nothing else. And that is the only value on the board, and you follow that value.

Back
Top Bottom