Who Are You Pounding the Table For? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are You Pounding the Table For?

Brother LargoFin, I'll wager $250 donation to Finheaven that Joe Milton isn't drafted in the first round. If you are correct and he is drafted in picks 1-32, I will donate. If I'm correct, and he goes in round 2 or later, you donate. Deal?

I don't have paypal, and I do not wager. And I do not care about Joe Milton's draft stock.

Yes I am serious.
Are you serious with "what the scouts say"?
Just for clarity, so that this thread can get back on track.

According to you:

Tua is not the guy. We should draft Joe Milton at #21 to replace him. Every single draft analyst out there is wrong. NFL scouting departments are wrong. You are right.
I got all that right?

For a moment there I was so confused that I assumed you mixed up Milton with Hendon Hooker, who was at least seen as a high pick.

But you are talking about Joe Milton? Can I ask what you think everyone else has missed?

According to you:

Tua is not the guy. We should draft Joe Milton at #21 to replace him.

Tua's window is over. Just like Justin Fields' or Mac Jones', and so on. That means Dolphins need to get a QB and enter a new QB window. (I don't care about whether he is the guy or not or what he is. He has failed on rookie contract, and that means we need a new QB, plain and simple. Just like we need a new GM after 8 failed years. Tua can go somewhere else and be great or retire for all I care. The window is over, that is the point.)

Every single draft analyst out there is wrong. NFL scouting departments are wrong. You are right.

No, I am not blanket saying anyone is wrong generally. They have a different approach than me generally, and they can keep their approach to evaluations. But they are wrong in a specific evaluation, in extending the benefit of doubt to Drake Maye this year and Will Levis last year or Richardson for example and not to Joe Milton this year, that is just plain wrong. It is wrong because Joe Milton performed better than Drake Maye and Will Levis for example, he is a better QB, he performed better in college, and his traits are equal to if not better than those two, three. So, yes they are plain wrong about that.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with the concept of drafting a QB to reset the rookie cap until you find greatness. That is my philosophy.

Joe Milton is a projects project. He’s a third string QB for at least 3 years. He has no idea how to play the position. I don’t care how great his attributes are. He’s not even close to accurate enough to play in this system.

I don’t disagree with the concept of drafting a QB to reset the rookie cap until you find greatness. That is my philosophy.

Joe Milton is a projects project. He’s a third string QB for at least 3 years. He has no idea how to play the position. I don’t care how great his attributes are. He’s not even close to accurate enough to play in this system.
Milton is a TE playing QB.

If he accepts reality he could have a career in that role.

one player I really wanted us to draft is Ben Sinnott but now that we got Smith, i doubt we'd draft a TE unless is on day 3 and even then I'm not sure they will.

As for OL......there are several players I like.....JPJ/Barton/Fantanu and there are more.

question for the gurus (@j-off-her-doll do you think is possible 9 OT's go in the first round?

one player I really wanted us to draft is Ben Sinnott but now that we got Smith, i doubt we'd draft a TE unless is on day 3 and even then I'm not sure they will.

As for OL......there are several players I like.....JPJ/Barton/Fantanu and there are more.

question for the gurus (@j-off-her-doll do you think is possible 9 OT's go in the first round?
Depends on who you consider a tackle. I could see as many as 10 OL in the first. I think only about 6 or 7 true tackles.

Back
Top Bottom