Who Do You Want to Be Miami's DC? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Want to Be Miami's DC?

I feel like that's what this defense does best. Sitting in a zone may limit big plays and force teams to work down the field. But there are too many quality quarterbacks who eat zone alive.

I'd like to see more man to man, with a mix of zone. Have to get another shutdown CB to make that really work. Team, in general, needs to tackle better too.

I like the 4-3 Under that Pete Carroll & Dan Quinn ran in Seattle.

IIRC, it is a 4-3 w/ 3-4 personnel.

Most of all, I 'd to see a DC that is flexible. For instance, 1 that would stick Ramsey on Diggs the entire game & spy on Allen ... alot like a combo box in 1/matchup zone they use in basketball.

What about Chris Shula? Been on the Rams staff for years now. He's currently the pass rush coordinator and linebackers coach. Interviewed for the Eagles DC job last year.

What about Chris Shula? Been on the Rams staff for years now. He's currently the pass rush coordinator and linebackers coach. Interviewed for the Eagles DC job last year.
I mean at this point why the hell not. We seem to strike out more often than not plus if he has any genetics from Don we’ll be OK.

I like the 4-3 Under that Pete Carroll & Dan Quinn ran in Seattle.

IIRC, it is a 4-3 w/ 3-4 personnel.

Most of all, I 'd to see a DC that is flexible. For instance, 1 that would stick Ramsey on Diggs the entire game & spy on Allen ... alot like a combo box in 1/matchup zone they use in basketball.
Agree. There are so many really good quarterbacks in the AFC. To me, zone is like taking candy from a baby for many of these.

This approach, more often than not, led to long drives with the hopes of holding opponents to a field goal attempt, rather than touchdowns.

I think switching it up between zone and man, and creating some confusion, is the way to go. Not sure Miami currently has the corners, other than Ramsey, to go to man. Maybe the team needs to add someone in the draft?

I can't recall if Cam Smith was considered a better fit for zone, or man. Or if he was considered versatile enough to do both.

Interesting that you mentioned the defenses of Carroll and Quinn. I think that would be perfect.

Why the dislike of Staley? Just curious I know he sucked at HC but wasn’t he pretty good as dc with the Rams?

Back
Top Bottom