Who else thinks it's going to come down to Miami and Arizona? :Manning Breakdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who else thinks it's going to come down to Miami and Arizona? :Manning Breakdown

Miami makes so much sense. I think the deciding factor will be Ross. I think if shows that he's the one that wants Peyton the most, then Peyton will be here. I don't mean financially, but being the most eager to meet with him, or the most eager to accommodate for Peyton. The Phins need to hammer it into Peyton's enormous melon that Miami is the best situation. We haven't had much success since Dan retired. In my eyes, it'll be a low pressure situation, compared to Houston and Baltimore. I also think he's a competitive guy and don't necessarily think he's looking for the easiest situation, so I think he's intrigued with the competition we have in the AFC East, going up against Brady and the Pats. I've seen how a new head coach will hurt us, but I think it could help us quite a bit. If I was a 15 year veteran, perennial Pro Bowler looking for a new team, I don't want to go to a system where everything is set in stone. I would want to go to a team with some flexibility to allow me to incorporate what I feel I've been doing throughout my career that brought me success.

Chris Carter highlighted Miami as the place he thinks is the best place. He had a ton to say, Dan being one of them. It'll be interesting if Dan can be a good influence for us. I also wonder if Reggie Wayne would speak well for Miami.

Miami makes the most sense to me. I can't see Peyton running away from the spotlight, like I think he'd be doing in KC, Arizona, and Seattle. I think he'll like the idea of a Brady-Manning AFC East rivalry. We have talent to surround him and we can best adjust to him, and I think Ross will make that apparent.

All that being said, I think it's too good to be true and I see him going to Seattle. Haha.

One team that has been mentioned as a dark horse which I could see them making a run is Denver. Everyone knows that John Fox and Elway are not 100% sold on Tebow and I think Elway would love to have a QB like Manning on his roster.

I've also opined that between a good team, great weather, a SB HC to be respected that AZ had the inside track but we are in the running.

Lately based on some media speculation about Denver, I'm also factoring them in as a serious contender for the reason you mentioned, especially if it's a package deal with Wayne (who I think prefers to come home to SoFL). Stalwart defense, effective running game, a kicker who can hit with accuracy from close to 60yds out, John Elway and a mature SB coach in Fox would make some sense to Manning - while from the Denver fans' standpoint, Manning is probably the only QB who can transplant Tebow without provoking a fan insurrection. Elway can sell it as "Tebow learning from the best, like Rodgers". Also he'd be playing in the possible weakest NFL division. Conversely, IMO the biggest downside is he'd be playing home games outside and at least in 1 in frigid KC.

So they're now high on my speculative list also.

Denver? Does Peyton really wanna get all caught up in the Tebow-mania? I don't see that happening.

Which leaves us with Arizona and Miami. Here are some Pros and cons of AZ vs Mia - lets break it down:
1)Weather: Miami in my opinion has better weather for the wife and kids because the Phoenix heat sucks, my family lives there and I hate visiting there.. way too damn hot, but AZ has a dome which Im sure Peyton would prefer. Ive never lived in Miami but when I have visited It was awesome. Im sure its humid and hot though.
Edge: Slight edge to AZ only because of the Dome.
I graduated from ASU and lived there for two years. Yes, it gets really hot in the Phoenix area. especially in the Summer, but it is a dry heat and you don't have the humidity you have in Miami. After September the temps start to drop below 100, and playing in a dome he won't norice it. There probably is no place that has nice weather from around November through January....at the end of the season. Here come Peyton. ESPN is covering this like it is the most important story history. :chuckle:

Think of this conversation.

Honey, how do you feel about possibly moving to KC?....or Wash. Or even AZ (insert team).

Vs.

Honey how do you feel about staying at our condo in South Beach for a few weeks while we look for a bigger House?

I am leaning towards this being the deciding factor.. Pretty much every other factor is too close to call and could be argued either way.

Back
Top Bottom