Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

Losman7 said:
So...the Jets are 3rd, the Phins are 1st AND

The Jets best reciever is a clone of the Fins best reciever.

You see what I'm getting at...its called logic.

If you're best wideout is only as good as the jets than Booker and Boston(who hasn't done anything in 3 years) put you over the top?

Name me one wideout in the AFCE better than Moulds.
David Boston. I know I am going to hear it from you, but I checked their head to head stats and Boston is averaging the same amount of yards per year as Moulds. When healthy, I think Boston is a better wr.

Marino Forever said:
David Boston. I know I am going to hear it from you, but I checked their head to head stats and Boston is averaging the same amount of yards per year as Moulds. When healthy, I think Boston is a better wr.

Was.

Boston was an absolute beast...4 years ago. Blowing his patella, and being out of the game for a year is not a way to dominate the NFL.

You can't count on Boston being anywhere near who he was in 01.

Honestly, do you think he'll even start over Booker or Chambers?

Losman7 said:
Was.

Boston was an absolute beast...4 years ago. Blowing his patella, and being out of the game for a year is not a way to dominate the NFL.

If he comes back healthy, yes. But I think he will not beat them out, just join them as Linehan seems to like 3 wr sets. Who would you double team if you have Booker, Chambers, and Boston as the 3 wideouts?

On paper, if Boston is healthy we should have the best corps. Currently, Buffalo has it based on performance last year.

Losman7 said:
Was.

You also said that he has "done nothing in the past 3 years." In 03 he had a pretty good year on a pretty poor team. 880 yards receiving and 7 tds in 14 games is not "nothing." I like Chambers and all, but that is pretty much what we get out of him for the whole 16 game season on a yearly basis.

This question will be easier to answer come training camp..

Boston is a question, and Parrish was praise for his minicamp performance by a few national media outlets.

This is gonna be an interesting season.

Losman7 said:
This question will be easier to answer come training camp..

Boston is a question, and Parrish was praise for his minicamp performance by a few national media outlets.

This is gonna be an interesting season.
No doubt. I admit that Boston is a HUGE ? but what potential our offense has to be explosive. I haven't felt this way about a dolphin team since Dan (pre Jimmy) was slinging it around.

Losman7 said:
So...the Jets are 3rd, the Phins are 1st AND

The Jets best reciever is a clone of the Fins best reciever.

You see what I'm getting at...its called logic.

If you're best wideout is only as good as the jets than Booker and Boston(who hasn't done anything in 3 years) put you over the top?

Name me one wideout in the AFCE better than Moulds.

I mean't to say Coles is as good as Chambers then again Chambers is better than Coles, Chambers is more of a clone of Moulds. (Don't whine like a little ***** now Losman7)

Marino Forever said:
No doubt. I admit that Boston is a HUGE ? but what potential our offense has to be explosive. I haven't felt this way about a dolphin team since Dan (pre Jimmy) was slinging it around.

I feel the same about our team...

Dynamic playmakers on O, questions on the line (with great minds coaching them) and big time ?'s at QB.

phunwin said:
Hey, pass the David Boston Kool-Aid, bro!

Yes, Boston has more upside potential than Evans because of his freakish combination of size and speed. What are the chances of him reaching that potential at this point? Maybe 5%. The guy is constantly injured or doing something ludicrously stupid. True, Evans had knee problems in college, and that could easily come back at some point. But right now, I'd take Evans over Boston seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I would note, however, that Evans vs. Boston isn't the relevant comparison. It's Booker vs. Evans. Evans and Booker are starters. If you want to compare Boston to his opposite number in Buffalo, it's either Josh Reed (who, as of 7:41 am on 5/19, has not been cut, but if you wait awhile, that might change) or Roscoe Parrish.

Very true, Boston is the 3rd receiver, and that is exactly my point, he will not be used as much, there will be less of a chance of him getting hurt, and on skills alone, Boston is better, he just happens to bring more baggage then Lee.

As far as you taking Lee over Boston, Boston will come cheaper, has the potential to be better, and will fit in just as good for us as a 3rd receiver. There is no Kool-aid, just reality-aid.:D

Well I think it obviously when it comes down to best WR/TE core in the AFC East, it comes down to Miami and Buffalo. I honestly feel Miami has more talent and potential at WR/TE than Buffalo. Both QB's are HUGE question mark with Feeley and Losman though. I would rather have Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Boston, Thompson, and Gilmore over Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Reed, Campbell, Everett, and Aiken. I just feel that we have so much talent and potential than everyone gives us credit for. Though I do admit that Eric Moulds is still really good, and Lee Evans is going to be something really special.

Losman7 said:
I feel the same about our team...

Dynamic playmakers on O, questions on the line (with great minds coaching them) and big time ?'s at QB.

How does it feel to post here without getting flamed for everything you write???? It's nice to have an opinion about your team and to be able to say it doesn't it? This is what a real site thats properly maintained is like. If you go to Billszone and your not a Bills fan it's not a pretty site. No pun intended.

I think the fans here giving a bunch of credit to the colts WR's are forgetting about the QB there. He's the reason the WR's are so good not the other way around. I think they are very good but having Peyton Manning throwing the ball helps just a little. As for the Bills , I have a question, how can your WR put up such good numbers if your QB sucked so much??? I think letting Bledsoe go was a mistake. If you had an O-line that could block Bledsoe wouldn't have been sacked so much and you would have made the playoffs.

feelthepain said:
I think the fans here giving a bunch of credit to the colts WR's are forgetting about the QB there. He's the reason the WR's are so good not the other way around. I think they are very good but having Peyton Manning throwing the ball helps just a little. As for the Bills , I have a question, how can your WR put up such good numbers if your QB sucked so much??? I think letting Bledsoe go was a mistake. If you had an O-line that could block Bledsoe wouldn't have been sacked so much and you would have made the playoffs.

Actually you're half right. Manning is some of the reason they are so good but so is preparation. Those receivers and Manning spend countless hours working on timing and chemistry. They do most of it on there own.

dolphan98 said:
I think Buffalo's is better at this point. They already has Moulds and Lee Evans. But don't forget about their second round draft pick Roscoe Parrish. I think he will be an outstanding third wide out.

Parrish is a cheap imitation of Santana Moss. He will have trouble getting off the line against physical corners in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom