Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

Philter25 said:
Yea he did. Most draft people had him a late 1st round pick because of his knee concerns. You are correct, he did play strong his senior season but a lot of teams dropped him because of his knee injury and the surgery he went through. They considered him a risk and a question mark on how it would hold up in the NFL. Buffalo actually drafted him higher than most teams had him pegged.... I guess you guys did not consider him a risk. Either way, he was excellent value at 13 and will probably be the best WR from that class because of his exceptional speed.

Clayton is really good, Fitzgerald is on a pretty bad team IMO (maybe not after this year) Roy Williams is really good, but I think Mike Williams is gonna overshadow him.

Evans has a different style than them, cause he's small and quick, but plays bigger.

Losman7 said:
Clayton is really good, Fitzgerald is on a pretty bad team IMO (maybe not after this year) Roy Williams is really good, but I think Mike Williams is gonna overshadow him.

Evans has a different style than them, cause he's small and quick, but plays bigger.
Yea I edited it as soon as I posted it, either him or Fitzgerald.

Clayton, eh, Roy Williams, eh, Reggie Williams, eh....

Lee Evans is not a #1 WR in the NFL, he would be a great #2/#3 guy. Hes going to put up great numbers because of his speed and YAC yards.

Losman7 said:
SI seems to think he'll push Moulds for #1 this season, check it ;

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/05/19/nfl/content.4.html

:lol: Read the "Boston debate" over what I consider a #1 WR. I wouldnt be suprised if he is your TEAMS #1 WR next year over Moulds on the depth chart..... but read the super long post I made about 2 hours ago so I dont haveto explain myself again.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1226368&postcount=78

Thats what I mean about a #1 WR.

Philter25 said:
:lol: Read the "Boston debate" over what I consider a #1 WR. I wouldnt be suprised if he is your TEAMS #1 WR next year over Moulds on the depth chart..... but read the super long post I made about 2 hours ago so I dont haveto explain myself again.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1226368&postcount=78

Thats what I mean about a #1 WR.

I read that before and totally agree.

#1 reciever are in the mold (no pun) of a moulds, boston, TO, Jimmy Smith, johnson, moss. Big strong guys who put up numbers regardless of the double. They go get the ball. They put up 100 yards a TD or both week in week out.

Harrison dosen't really fit that, but he's a different story. Thats my best case scenario for evans, a harrison type WR. He's got a long way to go, but he's got the tools.

Losman7 said:
I read that before and totally agree.

#1 reciever are in the mold (no pun) of a moulds, boston, TO, Jimmy Smith, johnson, moss. Big strong guys who put up numbers regardless of the double. They go get the ball. They put up 100 yards a TD or both week in week out.

Harrison dosen't really fit that, but he's a different story. Thats my best case scenario for evans, a harrison type WR. He's got a long way to go, but he's got the tools.
Yea I was flip flopping on Harrison..... he is a #1 WR but he isnt as big and physical as the other guys listed. He still puts up 100 yards a game and he goes and gets balls so I left him in there. Harrison's type is a rarity in the NFL so I really didnt want to lump him in with the physically dominating guys at #1, but didnt want to disrespect him by lumping him in with the Todd Pinkstons, Marty Bookers, and Laverneous Coles of the NFL and call him a #2......

Philter25 said:
Yea I was flip flopping on Harrison..... he is a #1 WR but he isnt as big and physical as the other guys listed. He still puts up 100 yards a game and he goes and gets balls so I left him in there. Harrison's type is a rarity in the NFL so I really didnt want to lump him in with the physically dominating guys at #1, but didnt want to disrespect him by lumping him in with the Todd Pinkstons, Marty Bookers, and Laverneous Coles of the NFL and call him a #2......

Booker and Coles would slap you if they saw that post.

I hate pinkston, hes a coward.

Losman7 said:
Booker and Coles would slap you if they saw that post.

I hate pinkston, hes a coward.
:lol: Thats not a dig to them, they just are career #2 WRs in the NFL. They both are great receivers and could easily both lead their teams in yards, they just arent as physical and as dominating as the players I consider #1 in the NFL.

dominizzo said:
i just think that Miami has the better receiving. Marty Booker, Chris Chambers, David Boston, Derrius Thompson, Bryant Gilmore, Randy Mcmicheal Donald LEe. Cmon man how can u compare to Branch Johnson Watson etc and the bills also Reed Evans Moulds No TE. lool the jets? Coles Chrebet BEcht i think we are the best in the division not cuz im a dolfan fan but its the truth guys. wat u think?

Yeah, Realistically speaking we have the best WR corps in the AFCE, Buffalo comes next because they have Moulds, Evans and now Parrish (he is a good slot guy, and he is fast). The Jets are 3rd, IMO that was a stupidd thing to do in getting rid of Moss, Mccariens is also good and he is speedy. Moulds is another Chambers,and Coles is good too. Last but not least the champs, They lost some talented Wide Outs, and they have replaced them with unproven players, Watson and P.K Sam will be good, Eventually they will have a Good WR corps, since BB can turn a ****y player (ie Tom Brady........ J/K Pats fans :) ) into a good 1.

P S: FYI Becht is with Tampa now, & Its spelled corps dominizzo, Good post BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe we have the best receiving core. We have speed and power

PatsSuck456 said:
Yeah, Realistically speaking we have the best WR corps in the AFCE, Buffalo comes next because they have Moulds, Evans and now Parrish (he is a good slot guy, and he is fast). The Jets are 3rd, IMO that was a stupidd thing to do in getting rid of Moss, Mccariens is also good and he is speedy. Coles is another Chambers. Last but not least the champs, They lost some talented Wide Outs, and they have replaced them with unproven players, Watson and P.K Sam will be good, Eventually they will have a Good WR corps, since BB can turn a ****y player (ie Tom Brady........ J/K Pats fans :) ) into a good 1.

P S: FYI Becht is with Tampa now, & Its spelled corps dominizzo, Good post BTW.

So...the Jets are 3rd, the Phins are 1st AND

The Jets best reciever is a clone of the Fins best reciever.

You see what I'm getting at...its called logic.

If you're best wideout is only as good as the jets than Booker and Boston(who hasn't done anything in 3 years) put you over the top?

Name me one wideout in the AFCE better than Moulds.

Bottom Line:

Nobody in the east had more yards than Moulds last year, Nobody had More TD's than Evans.

Evans was also, i believe 4th in yards behind Moulds, Chambers, and Patten.

So the Bills have the #1(Moulds) and #4(Evans) in yardage

and the #1(Evans) and #4(Moulds) in TDs in the division...

Ummm....Case closed. :evil:

New England they have the best everything hence them winning the Super Bowl. not to mention Terrell is better than anyone they've had and they added him. Let's see if Boston can make it through camp before we even include him in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom