Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

Slappy8800 said:
i beg to differ...with all the knee problems boston has had, I bet Evans can run circles around him....and he is younger
You definately need to look up Lee Evans past. Why do you think he fell in the draft and teams were hesitant to take him? I'll give you a hint, I bolded it for you. Evans had some major leg injuries in college..... even though he had a VERY good rookie year, he still has to be a slight question mark. If Evans didnt have the surgeries in college, the Bills would not have gotten him because he would have went much higher in the draft.

Philter25 said:
You definately need to look up Lee Evans past. Why do you think he fell in the draft and teams were hesitant to take him? I'll give you a hint, I bolded it for you. Evans had some major leg injuries in college..... even though he had a VERY good rookie year, he still has to be a slight question mark. If Evans didnt have the surgeries in college, the Bills would not have gotten him because he would have went much higher in the draft.

His knee is no more of a question mark than anyone in your roster. He burned quite a few cb's in the league. No doubt his knee is okay.

Philter25 said:

But knee problems are easily treatable now days.

A rebuilt knee is no more of an injury concern than a healthy one statistically.

Justasportsfan said:
His knee is no more of a question mark than anyone in your roster. He burned quite a few cb's in the league. No doubt his knee is okay.
Anyone who is still under 2 years gone off a major surgery is still a minor question mark in my book. Michael Vick, although he had major surgery two years ago, was STILL a question mark all year long with people ACROSS THE NFL because of his surgery. Its not just me trying to hate on Evans, I loved him at Wisconsin.... he still had a major surgery and is a MINOR question mark. Its like when you buy a used car. Even if the car was in an accident and had excellent body work done, its not the same thing as a brand new car even though the frame damage cant be detected..... come on justa, you know this.

Im not downplaying him at all, im a HUGE Big10 fan and i love to follow guys from the Big Ten to the NFL. Evans had a great year, I just thought the guy who made the comment had no idea about his previous knee injury based on his post. Which I would say im 90% sure based on his post he didnt know that.

Losman7 said:
But knee problems are easily treatable now days.

A rebuilt knee is no more of an injury concern than a healthy one statistically.
Then why did he drop in the draft?

Again, for the record dont get defensive because I love Lee Evans.... he was one of my fav players in college and I loved his speed. If his injury wasnt a concern for teams, why did he fall in the draft? Its not like he had a bad combine and posted a 4.85 40 yard dash. :lol:

In WR corps i think buffalo has the best at the momen, but only because Boston hasnt played for a while

all around i think that we have the best receiving in the AFC east because of Chambers Boston Booker McMichael and now ronnie

Philter25 said:
Then why did he drop in the draft?

Again, for the record dont get defensive because I love Lee Evans.... he was one of my fav players in college and I loved his speed. If his injury wasnt a concern for teams, why did he fall in the draft? Its not like he had a bad combine and posted a 4.85 40 yard dash. :lol:

Did he really drop?

I mean 13 isn't that late...there was alot of talent in that draft, 3 QB's, I think 3 CB's, and a Blue Chip OL. Thats 7 of the 13 spots right there.

How would he knee be a concern in the draft, he played, and played well his senoir season, no ill effects.

#84Fan4Life said:
I would say the Dolphins have the advantage over the Bills.

Okay, Moulds is better than Chambers at this point but I think Booker (a former Pro Bowler) and Boston are a better 2 and 3 than Parrish and Evans. I also believe that Thompson is a very good number 4 receiver to have on the roster as well.

Also, McMike is the best tight end in the AFC East so we clearly have the advantage there.

I wouldn't trade Chambers for Moulds at this point, in the past yes...not now.

Boston is a serious question mark, so its kinda hard to project him right now but I would say Evans is better than our number two.

Our third best is definately better than Buffalo's right now......so as a group I would give a slight edge to Miami, but not by much.

Now with that said, if Boston returns to his top form Miami would have a clear advantage.

If you had the Boston from OSU, or the Boston from AZ 4 years ago he'd make an impact, but hes been nothing but a problem on and off the field for the last 3 years.

BlueFin said:

Boston is a serious question mark, so its kinda hard to project him right now but I would say Evans is better than our number two.

Our third best is definately better than Buffalo's right now......so as a group I would give a slight edge to Miami, but not by much.

Now with that said, if Boston returns to his top form Miami would have a clear advantage.
In other words, based on stats (facts) , the bills are better but potentially speaking the fins are better? That I can agree w/ to a certain degree.

Ever since Drew stepped in the field, Moulds nos. dropped through the years. Moulds made a living of fighting for the ball. His best years was when Flutie was taking chances and throwing it up in the air with the hope of Moulds coming down w/ it. Drew was not that kind of qb. He'd hold on to the ball until he was sure of himself and take a sack. That hurt moulds' nos. Plus, Drew was horrible throwing for short passes. One of the most inaccurate short passers.

Plus Moulds was playing w/ a groin injury in 2003. If Chambers potential was hampered by bad qb, the same goes for Moulds.

BlueFin said:

we will have to see what our 2nd round WR can do.

booker will be yalls #2. boston will have to fight to stay on the team, much less be given the #2 spot.

Losman7 said:
Did he really drop?

I mean 13 isn't that late...there was alot of talent in that draft, 3 QB's, I think 3 CB's, and a Blue Chip OL. Thats 7 of the 13 spots right there.

How would he knee be a concern in the draft, he played, and played well his senoir season, no ill effects.
Yea he did. Most draft people had him a late 1st round pick because of his knee concerns. You are correct, he did play strong his senior season but a lot of teams dropped him because of his knee injury and the surgery he went through. They considered him a risk and a question mark on how it would hold up in the NFL. Buffalo actually drafted him higher than most teams had him pegged.... I guess you guys did not consider him a risk. Either way, he was excellent value and will probably be the best WR from that class because of his exceptional speed.... either him or Fitzgerald.

Back
Top Bottom