Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

Slappy8800 said:
i beg to differ...with all the knee problems boston has had, I bet Evans can run circles around him....and he is younger

Ok, it's like me saying with the injury Willis Mc went through, Brown should be able to run circles around him. We need to see how Evens comes along, we already know that if Boston stays healthy, he is a very tough receiver to cover.

Like I said, if Boston can stay problem free, and work hard in practice, he can almost match Evens speed wise, but there is no way that Evens can ever match Boston's size, or the way he uses it.

Lee Evans had a DECENT rookie season and people are proclaiming him to be the next Marvin Harrison.

If I had to rank the top 5 young (recievers with 3 or less years experience) Evans would'nt even sniff that list.....hell, I'd have a hard time putting him in the top 10.

Sorry...off topic.

On topic...yes, we have a good recieving corp ON PAPER. That being said, David Boston has'nt really done much in 4 years, we are still waiting for Chambers to break out and after the top 3 it is damn thin.

Our most proven reciever is Marty Booker...people seem to forget about that.

lee evans=5-10 197lbs
david boston=6ft2 230

evans would have to be a speedster because he dont have the size (6ft2 or taller) like boston has and boston has more levrage with his bigger frame :wink:

unifiedtheory said:
Lee Evans had a DECENT rookie season and people are proclaiming him to be the next Marvin Harrison.

If I had to rank the top 5 young (recievers with 3 or less years experience) Evans would'nt even sniff that list.....hell, I'd have a hard time putting him in the top 10.

Sorry...off topic.

On topic...yes, we have a good recieving corp ON PAPER. That being said, David Boston has'nt really done much in 4 years, we are still waiting for Chambers to break out and after the top 3 it is damn thin.

Uh....ok what exactly do we base Evans not being in the top 10 of young wideouts?

I realize this is a fins board and frankly I am suprised and commend the fins fans for being honest about their recieving situation.....but saying that Lee Evans is in the top 5 of young wideouts coming up is simply not be watching him last year.....he snatches anything near him....beats people deep on a regular basis....and makes clutch catches......

The fact that we couldn't throw deep due to our offensive scheme last year only hurts a player like Evans.....it will be interesting to see if a QB who can move around a little bit to buy time doesn't help Evans really come into his own.

By the way....I think that Miami has a outstanding group of wideouts...I like Chambers and Booker...and right now they do have the best TE in the division (we will have to wait on Everitt) they just haven't had the QB to get them the ball...a running game to stack the box.....and a offensive line to protect.......

unifiedtheory said:

Sorry...off topic.

Wow, I really hope you are joking.

Definately Miami. All three of our guys were #1 recievers on a team no more than 3 years ago. Thats not that long time. I dont even know who the Bills TE is (its a shame for you guys Everett went down, I think he could have made an impact this year), and I would have to say we have the better pass catching runningback. I like Willis, but ROnnie has GREAT hands according to many scouts. I am not saying the Bills are not very solid, but with the addition of Boston,Phins are better.

Now about Lee Evans. He is a nice player but not in the top five young wideouts in the league.I wont even count mike Williams, Mark Clayton, Matt Jones, Troy WIliamson, or Braylon Edwards. Any of which could easilty prove to be better. Here is a list of current players that I feel are better (not in order). I am not trying to be a jerk, but this is honestly how I see it.

1)Roy WIlliams
2)Andre Johnson
3)Larry Fitzgerald
4)Reggie WIlliams
5)Michael Clayton
6)Anquan Boldin

the patriots have the best receiving corps. if you include TEs. not one of them is the best, but together they are.

the dolphins corps has a few questions to answer, and the bills don't have much going for them outside of two outstanding WRs. the jets group lags behind a bit more.

beejay05 said:
Definately Miami. All three of our guys were #1 recievers on a team no more than 3 years ago. Thats not that long time. I dont even know who the Bills TE is (its a shame for you guys Everett went down, I think he could have made an impact this year), and I would have to say we have the better pass catching runningback. I like Willis, but ROnnie has GREAT hands according to many scouts. I am not saying the Bills are not very solid, but with the addition of Boston,Phins are better.

Now about Lee Evans. He is a nice player but not in the top five young wideouts in the league.I wont even count mike Williams, Mark Clayton, Matt Jones, Troy WIliamson, or Braylon Edwards. Any of which could easilty prove to be better. Here is a list of current players that I feel are better (not in order). I am not trying to be a jerk, but this is honestly how I see it.

1)Roy WIlliams
2)Andre Johnson
3)Larry Fitzgerald
4)Reggie WIlliams
5)Michael Clayton
6)Anquan Boldin

you've gotta be kidding me. bro, reggie williams SUCKED last year. the concern about his speed prior to the 2004 draft proved to be warranted. Lee Evans is a playmaker.

Lee Evans is a VERY similar player to Chris chambers. The reason I would say Miami is better at this point is b/c our pass catching TE and if Boston can play up to his ability he is 100 times better than Parish will be. If the question was who has the better starting duo i would say buffalo, Moulds still has a ton of game and is better than Booker and Evans has similar play making ability to chris chambers and they can do most of the same things on the field even though Chambers is better at this point in there carrers(IMO) they both bring the same aspect of the game to there team.

bakedmatt said:
you've gotta be kidding me. bro, reggie williams SUCKED last year. the concern about his speed prior to the 2004 draft proved to be warranted. Lee Evans is a playmaker.

i gotta agree, reggie williams sucked, lee evans was way better

Our Problem Is Twofold, Look Who Is Throwing The Ball To Our Recievers, And Can Boston Stay Healthy?

the top 6 WRs in the East are:
1) Eric Moulds (he is the most proven WR)
2) Marty Booker (he has the talent)
3) L.Coles (he has had some good seasons)
4) Chris Chambers (I put him this high because he has tremendous potential)
5) Lee Evans (he is below Chambers because Chambers has been in the league longer)

and we all know the best TE in the East is McMichael and thats a fact

tay0365 said:
Lee Evens is a very good talent, but if Boston proves to be on his best behavior, and works hard in practice, there is no way Evens can ever be the type of receiver Boston can be.

Hey, pass the David Boston Kool-Aid, bro!

Yes, Boston has more upside potential than Evans because of his freakish combination of size and speed. What are the chances of him reaching that potential at this point? Maybe 5%. The guy is constantly injured or doing something ludicrously stupid. True, Evans had knee problems in college, and that could easily come back at some point. But right now, I'd take Evans over Boston seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I would note, however, that Evans vs. Boston isn't the relevant comparison. It's Booker vs. Evans. Evans and Booker are starters. If you want to compare Boston to his opposite number in Buffalo, it's either Josh Reed (who, as of 7:41 am on 5/19, has not been cut, but if you wait awhile, that might change) or Roscoe Parrish.

Back
Top Bottom