Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

GrnMtnMan said:
Right now our receiving corps are paper giants. I'd like to see consistent, healthy production from them before I proclaim the best in the East.

:yeahthat:

To answer the original question, if you factor in tight ends, we probably have the best receivers in the AFC East. Only going by wide receivers, I'd take Buffalo by a whisker.

dominizzo said:
i just think that Miami has the better receiving. Marty Booker, Chris Chambers, David Boston, Derrius Thompson, Bryant Gilmore, Randy Mcmicheal Donald LEe. Cmon man how can u compare to Branch Johnson Watson etc and the bills also Reed Evans Moulds No TE. lool the jets? Coles Chrebet BEcht i think we are the best in the division not cuz im a dolfan fan but its the truth guys. wat u think?

....Well it sure as hell isnt the Jet's!!

I'd take Buffalo - Mould, Evans, Reed, Parrish.

Thats a nice quartet.... just better than Chambers, Booker, Boston, Thompson.

De ja vu all over again. Same old discussion a year ago when the fins took in Boston. There was even a thread started saying not only in the AFCE but the entire NFL inspite of Feeley. :rolleyes: As the season progressed we were right and finfans wearing rose colored glasses couldn't be more wrong.

If Moulds is finished then Boston and Booker are finished since they had only 1 probowl year? Moulds finished w/ over 1000 yards and neither Boston nor Booker acheived that last year.

Evans was said to be better than Chambers by their College coach. Although that means nothing, Chambers has yet to catch for 1000 yds in 1 season. I understand that you haven't had a decent qb. Guess what, Drew hurt our wr's nos. as well.

You have the advantage at TE. No question. Otherwise, if you think the fins have a better wr core than anyone in the AFCE, I'm not surprised. This is a finfan site.

#84Fan4Life said:
Also, McMike is the best tight end in the AFC East so we clearly have the advantage there.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tony Gonzalez. Last year he performed the way we WISH Chambers would.

qplk11 said:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tony Gonzalez. Last year he performed the way we WISH Chambers would.
i'm not... he plays in the AFC West. :D

dominizzo said:
i just think that Miami has the better receiving. Marty Booker, Chris Chambers, David Boston, Derrius Thompson, Bryant Gilmore, Randy Mcmicheal Donald LEe. Cmon man how can u compare to Branch Johnson Watson etc and the bills also Reed Evans Moulds No TE. lool the jets? Coles Chrebet BEcht i think we are the best in the division not cuz im a dolfan fan but its the truth guys. wat u think?
Umm... Becht isnt on the Jets anymore, he's on the Buc's. But overall, i think that the Pat's have the best receiving core, due to the fact that they have a great QB, your receivers arent jack unless you have decent QB to get them the ball.

Justasportsfan said:
De ja vu all over again. Same old discussion a year ago when the fins took in Boston. There was even a thread started saying not only in the AFCE but the entire NFL inspite of Feeley. :rolleyes: As the season progressed we were right and finfans wearing rose colored glasses couldn't be more wrong.

If Moulds is finished then Boston and Booker are finished since they had only 1 probowl year? Moulds finished w/ over 1000 yards and neither Boston nor Booker acheived that last year.

Evans was said to be better than Chambers by their College coach. Although that means nothing, Chambers has yet to catch for 1000 yds in 1 season. I understand that you haven't had a decent qb. Guess what, Drew hurt our wr's nos. as well.

You have the advantage at TE. No question. Otherwise, if you think the fins have a better wr core than anyone in the AFCE, I'm not surprised. It a finfan site.

I agree. On paper, I think ours is better, but in reality, yours probably is. I have to say "probably" because I am too much of a homer. :D

Ours has the most talent including the TE but all the teams in the AFC east have good WR's. The Jets are actually pretty good with Coles & McCareins. The Patriots WR's are small & fast but get it done, D. Terrell has a lot to prove. The Bills are really good at WR but Moulds is getting older now and Evans is good prospect. For us Booker will be solid, Chambers will be much better under Linehan who looks to get him the ball downfield much more using his strengths, and Boston has all the tools and potential but has a lot to prove again. Mcmichael is what makes us better not even to mention Ronnie Brown and his impact on the overall passsing game running and catching the ball.

We potentially have one of the, if not the best Receiveing corps in the AFC East, it's very close with Buffalo and New England, who obviously also possess pretty good WR's, so you have to look at the other factors... Who's throwing them the ball, how HE's being protected by his offensive line, and how the Running Game is affecting the defenses when it comes to the safeties cheating down to stop the run.. I think if the offensive line improves like most of us agree they will thanks to Couch Houck and Linehan's offensive system, then obviously that helps Ronnie Brown and whoever is running the ball, therefore keeping the Defense honest and allowing the QB Time to throw and the receivers time to run their routes... with all things being equal, I like Chambers, a re-invented Boston, Booker, and McMichael as much as any other WR Corps out there...

The Patriots have the best WR corps in the AFC East. Best overall group because even their 4th and 5th WR's can get separation quickly and they all make clutch catches.

If I was a GM and wanted to pick a team by top 3 for any scheme I would take the Bills. Moulds always demands double coverage and Evans and Parrish are burners who can make lightning fast cuts while moving to gain separation.

Miami has Chambers who still hasn't cracked 1000 as a #1 and won't this year with Frerotte and Feeley. Booker is a nice possession receiver but nice possession receivers are a dime a dozen. Boston is an body builder masquerading as a football player. He weighs too much for his ankles to support and hasn't played a full season in years. Well, at least his high character makes him worthy of a roster spot....

:roflmao:

dominizzo said:
where do u see Buffalo with talent Moulds is Finishes and Evans is ok and Josh Reed stinks and they have no Te

moulds is still a top reciever. hes not getting younger, but hes still plays his position at a very high level.

Evans played VERY well as a rookie, and can only get better.
Stats: receptions: 48, yards: 843, TD: 9,

compare that to chambers rookie year:
Stats: receptions: 48, yards: 883, TD: 7

those are damn good numbers for a rookie.

i agree our TE is not a top pass catching TE.
and Reed is not that great eather. but i still like my top 2 guys.

i think fin fans think to much of Boston. hes not the same player he was just a few years ago.

Booker is also good, but defiantly on the downside of his carrer, and cant be that #1 guy anymore.

they arnt bad, but ill stick with my bills WRs.

both the pats and jets WRs are average.

Back
Top Bottom