Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

LithoMan said:
Man, I am so tired of people pulling punches. I think Randy is the BEST TE in the NFL. We need a coach who knows how to use him and has a "GET HIM BALL" mentality. Its just ludicrous that Randy isn't living up to his potential. He could leave Tony eating his dust, if used properly. I WANT to see Randy used 300% more this season, then his previous years. GET HIM BALL!!!!

Randy IS NOT the best tight end in the NFlL. Gonzolez, Gates, Shockey, Heap, are all better. They are all better blockers and are all bigger and taller.

McMike is a great TE, I'd kill to have him on the Bills, but when you make statments like that its hard to take your other posts seriously.

nick19991 said:
he is a top 5 or maybe top 3 TE and the list goes:

1) Tony Gonzolez
2) Antino Gates
3) Randy McMichael
4) Algae Crumpler
5) Jeremy Shockey
get todd heap in there... i also like bubba franks.

winslow will be up there if he ever gets a brain.

ch19079 said:
that is a bold statment.

i could list a few that are way better than Randy. but im definatly NOT saying hes a bum eather. just not the BEST.

Why? Im asking... who you gonna point too, Tony, right? you could say heap.. who else? Eric Johsnon? What do they all have in common? An OC that actually uses their talent... Uses them on posts and corners, uses them on crossing routes, splits them off end. what else? When have we saw Randy used in that manner? Never!

Is there anything or anyone else I left out? How do you know he aint the best, if he aint used that way? Do you know his true game speed, 40 times only tell half the story. he has great hands, how many one handed catches has he made? Plenty. You tell me where I am wrong, please.

If Dan was still back there, slinging the rock, he loved utilizing his TE, I bet this wouldnt even be debated. He made Keith Jackson actually live up to his hype, back in the day. So, if we dont have us a QB that knows how to use the TE, you split the TE, and line him up in the slot, but Randy could actually go to SE, and be successful at it.

nick19991 said:
he is a top 5 or maybe top 3 TE and the list goes:

1) Tony Gonzolez
2) Antino Gates
3) Randy McMichael
4) Algae Crumpler
5) Jeremy Shockey

IMO, Shockey is second only to Gonzolez. i dont like the giants that much, but i watch most games cus my roommate is a HUGE giants fan. every time he lines up, he has a mismatch over the D, and changes the entire defensive scheme.

he might talk alot, or do stupid things from time to time, but his tallent is dominant.

Losman7 said:
Randy IS NOT the best tight end in the NFlL. Gonzolez, Gates, Shockey, Heap, are all better. They are all better blockers and are all bigger and taller.

McMike is a great TE, I'd kill to have him on the Bills, but when you make statments like that its hard to take your other posts seriously.

I would put McMike on Heap's level though and maybe SHockey's. GOnzales and Gates are tops by far.

dominizzo said:
i just think that Miami has the better receiving. Marty Booker, Chris Chambers, David Boston, Derrius Thompson, Bryant Gilmore, Randy Mcmicheal Donald LEe. Cmon man how can u compare to Branch Johnson Watson etc and the bills also Reed Evans Moulds No TE. lool the jets? Coles Chrebet BEcht i think we are the best in the division not cuz im a dolfan fan but its the truth guys. wat u think?

That's great and all that Miami has all this talent on the receiving corps, but until either AJ, Gus, Sage or Brock can prove to be good QB's who can deliver to the receivers..it's all up in the air. You can have all the best WR's but if you don't have the QB to get the ball to the receivers..it's a complete waste. :rolleyes:

FiN.in.RI said:
I would put McMike on Heap's level though and maybe SHockey's. GOnzales and Gates are tops by far.

Listen, I'm not anti-randy by any stretch. he is the scariest offensive fin in my mind, at least until Ronnie proves himself.

McMike is tops (not necessarily the best, but interchangable) as far as catching, and running after the catch.

I just don't know about his blocking, and the other guys have a couple inches on him.

LithoMan said:
Why? Im asking... who you gonna point too, Tony, right? you could say heap.. who else? Eric Johsnon? What do they all have in common? An OC that actually uses their talent... Uses them on posts and corners, uses them on crossing routes, splits them off end. what else? When have we saw Randy used in that manner? Never!

Is there anything or anyone else I left out? How do you know he aint the best, if he aint used that way? Do you know his true game speed, 40 times only tell half the story. he has great hands, how many one handed catches has he made? Plenty. You tell me where I am wrong, please.

If Dan was still back there, slinging the rock, he loved utilizing his TE, I bet this wouldnt even be debated. He made Keith Jackson actually live up to his hype, back in the day. So, if we dont have us a QB that knows how to use the TE, you split the TE, and line him up in the slot, but Randy could actually go to SE, and be successful at it.

i edited my previous post to include a list of TEs i think are better, and some i think are close to equal to.

your saying you dont know if hes the best cus the fins dont use him like they should. maybe thats true, but if you asked a defense who they would NOT want to see line up at TE, Randy would not be the #1 guy on that list. or even a top 3 as someone stated earlier.

ch19079 said:
IMO, Shockey is second only to Gonzolez. i dont like the giants that much, but i watch most games cus my roommate is a HUGE giants fan. every time he lines up, he has a mismatch over the D, and changes the entire defensive scheme.

he might talk alot, or do stupid things from time to time, but his tallent is dominant.

thats because the send him in motion, and find if he is in zone coverage or M-to-M coverage. We havent used motion in god knows how long, which is utterly stupid. See, Shockey and Gates, utilized to their potential. randy NOT. so dont give me "making bold statements like that make it hard to believe your oter posts" crap.

Your looking at two totally different schems on O. One with motion, one without. which, I think we are the only ones without. Thats because feeley is a moron. I cant help that, so it limits our O. and, its LIMITS Randy. Thank You, play again.

ch19079 said:

Shockey has basically just been a one year wonder so far and he doesn't belong with the elite yet

nick19991 said:
Shockey has basically just been a one year wonder so far and he doesn't belong with the elite yet
you ranked him top 5!?

LithoMan said:
Your looking at two totally different schems on O. One with motion, one without. which, I think we are the only ones without. Thats because feeley is a moron. I cant help that, so it limits our O. and, its LIMITS Randy. Thank You, play again.

If you think the reason why the offensive scheme sucked when Wanny was coach is because of Feeley, you're sadly mistaken. Feeley didn't have a problem in Philly with motion or audibles/hot routes.

ch19079 said:
i edited my previous post to include a list of TEs i think are better, and some i think are close to equal to.

your saying you dont know if hes the best cus the fins dont use him like they should. maybe thats true, but if you asked a defense who they would NOT want to see line up at TE, Randy would not be the #1 guy on that list. or even a top 3 as someone stated earlier.

Because out of sight, out of mind. So much in the NFL is hind sight. hey, the only guy i think HAS the potential to be better, is Ben Watson. He plays the same as Randy, but just has that bit more of talent. But, he is in the same situation, third stringin it to junk in front of him.

Randy, could be more. I know he is the best. Im not saying I dont know if he is the best, Im saying you dont know he is the best. I KNOW he is under-utilized extremely in our O. You dont know this. Once again, out of sight, out of mind. The guys you name, are all the flashes. hell, marcus Pollard is a top TE in the NFL, who thought of him? Why, injuries, and unter-utilization. Can't help that, its the way the story goes. What team with one of those TE's you can think of, have a RB with less then 1500 all purpose yards? You guys dont understand what a "great" TE brings to the game. unless Randys production goes up, Ronnie or whoever you stick back there, wont be good either. Its the facts of the game.

finsnchips said:
you ranked him top 5!?

yes I did he is a #5 TE but that Bills fan said that he is #2 behind only Gonzolez but he' not better then Gates or Crumpler or McMichael yet

Back
Top Bottom