Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

LithoMan said:
Because out of sight, out of mind. So much in the NFL is hind sight. hey, the only guy i think HAS the potential to be better, is Ben Watson. He plays the same as Randy, but just has that bit more of talent. But, he is in the same situation, third stringin it to junk in front of him.

Randy, could be more. I know he is the best. Im not saying I dont know if he is the best, Im saying you dont know he is the best. I KNOW he is under-utilized extremely in our O. You dont know this. Once again, out of sight, out of mind. The guys you name, are all the flashes. hell, marcus Pollard is a top TE in the NFL, who thought of him? Why, injuries, and unter-utilization. Can't help that, its the way the story goes. What team with one of those TE's you can think of, have a RB with less then 1500 all purpose yards? You guys dont understand what a "great" TE brings to the game. unless Randys production goes up, Ronnie or whoever you stick back there, wont be good either. Its the facts of the game.
I now know nothing. :D

Litho,

You are saying that McMike is the best TE in football even though he hasn't proven to be the best, and other have outperformed him?

Do you realize how little water that argument holds?

To be the best you have to BE THE BEST, no ifs ands or buts. potential means nothing until its proven.

stan marino said:
Hold the phone here, granted i'll give u the nod of having a better wr corps than us, but are u forgetting about the Colts wr corps???? 3 wr's over 1000 yards last year. I think i'll take that IMO.
I thought they said AFC East, not AFC. But hell yeah i would take the colts receivers any day!

Buffalo's receivers are better than ours. moulds has been dominating us for years. Evans had a great rookie year last year. Im not getting too excited about boston commin back cause he usually does something stupid (like punch an airport attendant) and hes hurt 90% of the time. McMike has a ton of talent but is wayy over rated. If your gonna yap in the news about not getting the ball enough, you might wanna think about catching it.

LithoMan said:
you know I was talking to the bills dude, ch1973e0o3 or whatever, right? It sounds arrogant, but only directed at him. he asked, i answered. :roflmao:

im gunna have ot change my name, noone seems to remember my name.. :cry:

but you can convince yourself that Randy is the best. while almost the entire NFL would disagree.

i did mean to mention Pollard, i jsut forgot about him in the mass of other TEs i listed. hes very good.

and i can not understand the consept of Shocky being a 1 hit/year wonder.
in his second year he played ONLY 9 GAMES and still had good season stats.

if you ask people who would they rather have on there team for 1 game, Shockey or Randy. i can promise you shockey would get a vast majority of the votes.

Losman7 said:
Litho,

You are saying that McMike is the best TE in football even though he hasn't proven to be the best, and other have outperformed him?

Do you realize how little water that argument holds?

To be the best you have to BE THE BEST, no ifs ands or buts. potential means nothing until its proven.

Im saying no other TE, except for maybe Ben Watson, has more talent. they both are far superior to any other TE. So, because I have to "see it with my eyes' to believe it, I cant know he is better. please, I dont have that mentality.....

I can see a guys potential, and that is what gets me so frustrated about this team. They got all this "potential", and never get to show it. hey, JT doesnt have a problem, but then he gets to do his own thing. Surtain didn't have a problem, but he gets to do his own thing. Randy, when does he get to do his own thing? A reciever never gets to do their own thing. most of last year, he was stuck blocking, and then never got the nod from dipsheet behind center.

Why was he blocking and not in motion, oh, thats right, its his fault. Its not Feeley, he did it in philly, :roflmao: .

And, i do think the OL was p!ss poorly managed, but until we have a real Qb under center, Randy will get another year older, and not live up to his 'potential', which should make you all feel comfortable, who dont believe in him. Its all good, i can handle. I know he is the best, and am glad I got to watch him. Saban will probably ax him next off-season, to spend money elsewhere, so when he goes to Buffalo, Philly, Minn, or NE, we'll see what he has to offer then.

LithoMan said:
Im saying no other TE, except for maybe Ben Watson, has more talent. they both are far superior to any other TE. So, because I have to "see it with my eyes' to believe it, I cant know he is better. please, I dont have that mentality.....

I can see a guys potential, and that is what gets me so frustrated about this team. They got all this "potential", and never get to show it. hey, JT doesnt have a problem, but then he gets to do his own thing. Surtain didn't have a problem, but he gets to do his own thing. Randy, when does he get to do his own thing? A reciever never gets to do their own thing. most of last year, he was stuck blocking, and then never got the nod from dipsheet behind center.

Why was he blocking and not in motion, oh, thats right, its his fault. Its not Feeley, he did it in philly, :roflmao: .

And, i do think the OL was p!ss poorly managed, but until we have a real Qb under center, Randy will get another year older, and not live up to his 'potential', which should make you all feel comfortable, who dont believe in him. Its all good, i can handle. I know he is the best, and am glad I got to watch him. Saban will probably ax him next off-season, to spend money elsewhere, so when he goes to Buffalo, Philly, Minn, or NE, we'll see what he has to offer then.

Dosen't McMike drop some balls he should have caught? Gonzolez dosen't.

ch19079 said:
im gunna have ot change my name, noone seems to remember my name.. :cry:

but you can convince yourself that Randy is the best. while almost the entire NFL would disagree.

i did mean to mention Pollard, i jsut forgot about him in the mass of other TEs i listed. hes very good.

and i can not understand the consept of Shocky being a 1 hit/year wonder.
in his second year he played ONLY 9 GAMES and still had good season stats.

if you ask people who would they rather have on there team for 1 game, Shockey or Randy. i can promise you shockey would get a vast majority of the votes.

OK, I guess I will have to "believe" he is the best. Im cool wit dat.

McMicheal drops too many balls, and isnt a huge threat in the redzone compared to the other tightends in the AFC(Gonzo, Gates).

LithoMan said:
Do I even have to justify that too you? Green, Fiedlery? Hum....... How many one handed catches have I saw Tony make?? Hum.......
he said "should've" caught. He wasn't counting the ones where he had to stretch to make the catches.

LithoMan said:
Do I even have to justify that too you? Green, Fiedlery? Hum....... How many one handed catches have I saw Tony make?? Hum.......

If and buts...excuses...

Potential dosen't pay the bills man. 90% of fans and 100% of NFL people don't give a rats *** what you "could" do they care what you have done.

McMichael is great, top 10, better than anyone on the Bills. But you are preaching to pretty small congregation if you think he's better than Gonzalez.

And Gonzalez has made some pretty spectacular catches in his day.

Gonzalez only has to seasons under 4 TD's, McMichael has never had more than 4.

Gonzalez has only had three seasons under 800 yds, McMichael has never gone over 800.

Gonzalez is a very good TE - no doubt

But McMichael is also more than serviceable...

I think it's tough to compare players because of the different circumstances they are in. Gonzalez plays with a very good oline and therfore he don't have to block too much. Also the Offense ther is littlte better than ours as well...

That Gates kid in San Diego came out of nowhere - because they had nobody else to caught balls...

McMichael happens to play for the dolphins with no good O line - with a few other good WRs, with a Run-first coach (wanny) and a mediocre QB...

Who knows who is better. At least the stats saying ist Gonzalez - but ther isn't a stat for important blocks either... I'm happy with McMike and I wouldn't trade him for Gates or Gonzalez. period!

Back
Top Bottom