Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Recieving Core in Afc East?

If you look at what Lee Evans did in the last 11 games of last season you'ed realize what a talent this kid is. He was drastically underused in the begining of the season, but when they went to him, he caught the ball. No big drops, some circus catches, and speed you just an't match up against.

Moulds still brings it week in and week out. Another 1000 yd season, and with Evans demanding more attention he should do it again.

Parrish is the wild card, as a slot guy and a #3 I think its gonna be very interesting to see.

How are you gonna match up with two sub 4.5 WR's and Moulds who has consistantly beat the double team for years? Especially with Willis coming out of the backfield.

On paper you guys have very good wideouts, but Boston has disappointed for years, why will this be any different?

I would take the Bills wideout situation over anyone else in the AFCE right now, we have a dominant veteran, an up and coming star, and a burner.

Losman7 said:
If you look at what Lee Evans did in the last 11 games of last season you'ed realize what a talent this kid is. He was drastically underused in the begining of the season, but when they went to him, he caught the ball. No big drops, some circus catches, and speed you just an't match up against.

Moulds still brings it week in and week out. Another 1000 yd season, and with Evans demanding more attention he should do it again.

Parrish is the wild card, as a slot guy and a #3 I think its gonna be very interesting to see.

How are you gonna match up with two sub 4.5 WR's and Moulds who has consistantly beat the double team for years? Especially with Willis coming out of the backfield.

On paper you guys have very good wideouts, but Boston has disappointed for years, why will this be any different?

I would take the Bills wideout situation over anyone else in the AFC right now, we have a dominant veteran, an up and coming star, and a burner.

Hold the phone here, granted i'll give u the nod of having a better wr corps than us, but are u forgetting about the Colts wr corps???? 3 wr's over 1000 yards last year. I think i'll take that IMO.

dominizzo said:
YA with Feeley and Fiedler throwing, but Fiedler is gone and in comes Saban A.K.A GOD, and it's Feeleys turn to show wat he can do with Weapons around him, we shouldn't have a bad passing game this year but if we doo which i don't see look for the Fish to draft Matt Leinart or Omar JAcobs

God, not already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SAY NO TO A TURD NUGGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT LEINART IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John from Hemet said:
Uh....ok what exactly do we base Evans not being in the top 10 of young wideouts?

I realize this is a fins board and frankly I am suprised and commend the fins fans for being honest about their recieving situation.....but saying that Lee Evans is in the top 5 of young wideouts coming up is simply not be watching him last year.....he snatches anything near him....beats people deep on a regular basis....and makes clutch catches......

The fact that we couldn't throw deep due to our offensive scheme last year only hurts a player like Evans.....it will be interesting to see if a QB who can move around a little bit to buy time doesn't help Evans really come into his own.

By the way....I think that Miami has a outstanding group of wideouts...I like Chambers and Booker...and right now they do have the best TE in the division (we will have to wait on Everitt) they just haven't had the QB to get them the ball...a running game to stack the box.....and a offensive line to protect.......

Now look, a nkowledgable fan who knows who the Bills have on their roster... NO TE? i think not!

We have the best WR core in the AFC. Chambers, Booker, a healthy Boston, Thompson. Three potential pro bowlers, one who showed signs of life last season. A potential pro bowl tight end in McMichael, whom I believe is the best TE in the division. Nobody can match us on that level. Our problem is our Oline. If they turn out to be descent thanks to our new Oline coach, then we'll have time to pass and we have the best rookie RB, Brown, whom I think is going to light it up both on the ground and catching out of the backfield. I'm sorry guys, but with Linehan as OC, Saban as our HC and the talent we have in our skill positions on offense, I think we are going to see a much different team, a much more offensive team that will finally put points on the board. THis will finally be that breakout season Chambers has been waiting for. Linehan will get him the ball deep. Now he just has to get open.

The Bills will have their bumps in the road this year with basically a completely raw rookie QB. He has huge upside but needs major polish.

massi20 said:
We have the best WR core in the AFC. Chambers, Booker, a healthy Boston, Thompson. Three potential pro bowlers, one who showed signs of life last season. A potential pro bowl tight end in McMichael, whom I believe is the best TE in the division. Nobody can match us on that level. Our problem is our Oline. If they turn out to be descent thaks to our new Oline coach, then we'll have time to pass and we have the best rookie RB, Brown, whom I think is going to light it up both on the ground and catching out of the backfield. I'm sorry guys, but with Linehan as OC and the talent we have in our skill positions on offense, I think we are going to see a much different team, a much more offensive team that will finally put points on the board. THis will finally be that breakout season Chambers has been waiting for. Linehan will get him the ball deep. Now he just has to get open.
No offense... but stop being a homer.

The Colts is much better... and the Raiders is breathtaking.

finsnchips said:
No offense... but stop being a homer.

The Colts is much better... and the Raiders is breathtaking.

I meant to write AFC east. The division, not the conference. Typo, my bad.

massi20 said:
We have the best WR core in the AFC. Chambers, Booker, a healthy Boston, Thompson. Three potential pro bowlers, one who showed signs of life last season. A potential pro bowl tight end in McMichael, whom I believe is the best TE in the division. Nobody can match us on that level. Our problem is our Oline. If they turn out to be descent thanks to our new Oline coach, then we'll have time to pass and we have the best rookie RB, Brown, whom I think is going to light it up both on the ground and catching out of the backfield. I'm sorry guys, but with Linehan as OC, Saban as our HC and the talent we have in our skill positions on offense, I think we are going to see a much different team, a much more offensive team that will finally put points on the board. THis will finally be that breakout season Chambers has been waiting for. Linehan will get him the ball deep. Now he just has to get open.

Man, I am so tired of people pulling punches. I think Randy is the BEST TE in the NFL. We need a coach who knows how to use him and has a "GET HIM BALL" mentality. Its just ludicrous that Randy isn't living up to his potential. He could leave Tony eating his dust, if used properly. I WANT to see Randy used 300% more this season, then his previous years. GET HIM BALL!!!!

LithoMan said:
I think Randy is the BEST TE in the NFL.

that is a bold statment.

i could list a few that are way better than Randy. but im definatly NOT saying hes a bum eather. just not the BEST.

edit:
here is my list, in no particular order, of TEs better than randy:

Tony Gonzalez
Antonio Gates
Jeremy Shockey
Alge Crumpler
Todd Heap

to close to call:
Bubba Franks
Jason Witten
Jermaine Wiggins

stan marino said:
Hold the phone here, granted i'll give u the nod of having a better wr corps than us, but are u forgetting about the Colts wr corps???? 3 wr's over 1000 yards last year. I think i'll take that IMO.

I changed it to AFCE. Thats what i meant. Nobody touches the colts.

IF Boston reaches even some of his potential this year we are right up there with the Bills..Randy McMike makes Miami's corps better though.. IMO.

ch19079 said:
that is a bold statment.

i could list a few that are way better than Randy. but im definatly NOT saying hes a bum eather. just not the BEST.

he is a top 5 or maybe top 3 TE and the list goes:

1) Tony Gonzolez
2) Antino Gates
3) Randy McMichael
4) Algae Crumpler
5) Jeremy Shockey

Back
Top Bottom