Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese?

Also, Griese's one overthrow wasn't even close to being intercepted. Feidler has that great ability to miss our receiver and hit the corner/safety in the numbers. Give the ball to Griese. 26pts in his first game of the year beats every start by Fiedler, including games against Houston, Jacksonville and the Jets.

I don't understand alot of your responses on B.G. When he played in Denver it was the brain washed John Elway fans that helped kill him!! When he first took over he was the top rated qb in the league, Then he gets injured and has a couple of bad games and the brain wased J.E. lovers turned on him. If the pressure of following J.E. wasn't bad enough you have no support from the Denver community and so called fans.
In Miami however just his name alone makes him well liked. J.F. is a good qb, he plays his heart out, but he just dosen't have the natural talent of B.G. We just need to give B.G. a chance. He is the real deal and if given time he will prove it.
Everyone says "he's not mobile like J.F. is" that is probely true but B.G. is more mobile than our beloved DAN MARINO, and can throw a lazer shot for more than J.F. 10 yard lobs. We need a change and B.G. just might be the missing piece to the puzzle.

Teams that want Fiedler?

Let's see:

San Diego: They already have a younger version of Jay in Brees. So, no.

Carolina: They have a rookie putting up numbers similar to what Jay has been putting up this year. And he's working with less receiving talent. So, no.

New Orleans: They have a more athletic (and younger, and healthier) version of Jay Fiedler in Aaron Brooks. So, no.

Chicago: They have Rex Grossman warming up in the bullpen. So, no.

Oakland: Gannon is a better version of Fiedler, and Tuisasasopo is a younger, more athletic version of them both. However, Gannon is retiring...

... so Jay Fiedler will probably be the backup QB of the Oakland Raiders. He's a competent backup in a short passing game calling for a mobile QB. That's about it, though.

Griese

I have believed from the begining that BG was the better choice. He has a quicker release that maximizes Norv's system and helps when the O-line is a question. BG also has a stronger arm in my estimation. He has been a Pro-Bowler and if he can keep his head out of his a** he can return to that from. This team seems to be a second opportunity for some troubled souls (ricky) and I think BG will follow suit and keep his nose clean. He is not Marino, but he can be a franchise QB and hopefully will bring us to the promised land like his dad.

My thoughts exactly bro. Just like "Mad Dog" Jim Mandich says on the broadcasts, "I want to see proof that he really has a Dartmouth diploma". The guy just has one mental breakdown after the other at critical times. He makes me nervous <B>EVERY SINGLE TIME HE DROPS BACK TO PASS. </B>Raise your hand if you lost count of how many times you saw a Fiedler pass and screamed at the TV, "WHO THE HELL WERE YOU THROWING TO!"

"I don't understand alot of your responses on B.G. When he played in Denver it was the brain washed John Elway fans that helped kill him!! When he first took over he was the top rated qb in the league, Then he gets injured and has a couple of bad games and the brain wased J.E. lovers turned on him. If the pressure of following J.E. wasn't bad enough you have no support from the Denver community and so called fans."

I'm sorry, that is very low, and way off base as well.

I am probably one of many fans that wanted Brian to do well. I supported him until the middle of last year.. I finally gave up on him.

Why?

It has nothing to do with John Elway, it has to do with Brian Griese. He proved what sort of player he was. If protected well, he does exactly what he did for the Dolphins last night. Short, controlled, fast and accurate passes. He can do that all night long in fact. Certainly makes his #'s look great! ; )

His strengths are vert fast, short accurate passes and a very smart player. But his problems overweighed his benefits, at least in Denver. If Denver faced a serious pass rush, he was terrible. He would literally fold to the ground as soon as someone touched him. I have seen him do this many times. Scrambling? He can occassionaly scamper for 10 or 15 yards if the lane is open. But unforunately, he is horrible at moving around behind the LoS. If he has to, he is in big trouble. He has serious trouble evading even one guy, let one more than one, if they break through. He does not throw the ball long, and when he does, he typically (9 outta 10 times) overthrows it. He is I guess overcompensating for what he used to do, which was underthrow.. tossed quite a few picks.

Coupled with this was his complete lack of leadership, sitting by himself on the bench, being considered introverted by most of his teammates, and then his off field problems.

So don't act as if Denver fans didn't give him a chance. I was SOLIDLY on his bandwagon. He had plenty of good support. It had nothing to do with the fans, it had to do with what Brians play, nothing more.

His best game by far was sadly the one he was injured. Showed grit and leadership, played hurt, beat Oakland.. very cool game. Except the injury. :(

He really wasn't the same over that.

But please.. he had support. There are STILL players that are solidly still on his bandwagon now that he is gone! He was given many chances.

Bottom line imo is that if he has excellent protection, he will do great.

But before you tout his greatness, please watch him against a solid pass rush, or when he is forced to make a play. Then we'll see how loudly you'll be singing his praises. Mind you, he may start playing like a real leader! If so, grats to him. He certainly has had his share of misery, it would be nice to see him succeed. But don't assume what you saw last night was typical. You saw him doing what he can do if there is little pressure on him. I've seen him do that in Denver many times!

It is the games against nasty pass rushes and good coverage that you will see what he is made of. Best of luck with him, at any rate. :)

But please don't treat Denver like second rate fans. I'm sure there are disgruntled fans that expected teh impossible, but there were FAR more that supported him. There were plenty of 'Griese' jerseys being worn, he was supported until the year he left. It was just the longer he failed to impress, the more negativity went his way. Had nothing to do with expectations that were unrealistic, it was just based on what he did, and how he performed, bottom line.

BroncoFox

Griese IS the answer

Griese IS the answer! Remember, this team does not need a Dan Marino anymore. We have far more talent than Marino ever had as a supporting cast. We just need someone who can read defenses (ex, BG), pass the ball with accuracy (ex, BG), open up the field and make the defense fear the pass so they can't key on Ricky (ex, BG).
Fiedler is a competitor, a great athlete, and intelligent. He doesn't throw away a whole lot of games for the team. Exactly the kind of stuff you want in a NUMBER 2 QB. But in a NUMBER 1 QB, you want someone who can actually WIN the game for you. To anyone who argues that Fiedler has a great won-loss record, I say, "How many did HE win for the team?" Very few...if any. I remember one, in almost four years. (Denver last year).
Griese can take this team to the big one. We don't need a Dan Marino anymore (though It'd be great to have him). We just need a Griese.
Favorite new stage show: Fiedler on the Bench

I am a Griese man. Remember that it will probably take him a few more weeks to get into the swing of the season and the offense. I expect him to continue to improve.

Jay will make a great #2.

Exactly.....put Fiedler and Griese on the market. Who do you think would be picked up in a swoop????

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Exactly.....put Fiedler and Griese on the market. Who do you think would be picked up in a swoop????

Well, we certainly know Griese wouldn't be picked up in a swoop...remember this past offseason?

Meanwhile, I seem to remember the Redskins bidding up Jay's value back when his contract last came up.

Infer what you like from those two facts...

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
I know a lot of guys are excited about this game. But who here will stake their internet reputations that Griese will play great when the team needs him to win the game.

Griese is playing better than the Fiedler at this time. There should be no QB controversy, Griese should start.

I don't want to see musical chairs at our QB position. I'd rather sink or swim with Griese as long as he's healthy rather than there being a dif starting QB each week.

Oliver...

Originally posted by WestPhish
I am half sold, so far I like what I see.....let BG play against the Colts and I'll make my final decision.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

:missmeth:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Wrong name for a person who doesn't back the 2nd winnest qb in the league. Not all are better than Jay, some day you'll come to recognize that.

Here we go again he's not a fan if he doesn't like Fiedler right MDFinFan :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Well, we certainly know Griese wouldn't be picked up in a swoop...remember this past offseason?

Meanwhile, I seem to remember the Redskins bidding up Jay's value back when his contract last came up.

Infer what you like from those two facts...

Jimmy,

I seem to recall several teams interested in BG but he wanted to play for the dolphins and I'm sure his dad gave him a little push.

BroncoFox,

It is quite ok that BG is not a mobile QB. Fins fans are used to that...Marino didn't quite set any record in 100m sprints. What Brian has is a very quick release, which unfortunately Fielder doesn't have. Marino enjoyed very good O-lines which gave him time to throw....we might need to give Brian some extra time to throw and in return we will get more accurate and faster throws. Brian might not be the second coming of his father, but he deserves a new start here.

Back
Top Bottom