Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese?

I think that there are few QBs who are so good that they can thrive in any system. Griese will probably never specialize in a vertical passing game, but if an OC is willing to fit the system to Griese, he'll probably be fine.

I think it's amusing though. Before Griese entered the picture, a pretty high percentage of Dolphin fans seemed to think that the Dolphins were fine with Fiedler, just like we in Buffalo were enamored with Drew Bledsoe. Now we've both soured on our respective incumbents. I have to say, at least you guys look like you have a viable alternative. Buffalo will either live or die with Bledsoe because our backup is just that, a backup who just doesn't have the quality to ever thrive as a starter. We just have to hope that until we get someone to replace him, Buffalo's offensive coordinator will figure out how to use him so he doesn't hurt the team.

Originally posted by finfan54

couldnt ya tell by the six catches by james mcnight? where was james mcnight all season besides one end around reverse? he was nowhere to be found.

Gee, maybe that means Griese is better at not locking on to one receiver, making progressive reads like a good QB is supposed to do and is actually able to find that receiver and get the pass off to him before it's too late into the play.

Is it at least a possibility????

i got news for ya infinsible, that game was planned for BG.

Are the games Fiedler plays in planned for another QB other than him?

Point is that if the gameplan is planned for you and you make those planned plays happen it's a good thing.

Brian did that this game. It's a positive for anyone excited about Dolphin football and not just Fiedler football.

I dont know guys, I have always liked fiedler, yes hes only an average QB, not great but good enough to get the job done. I have respect for him though. You guys need to think back to the 2001 season, he was great back then It took a while to warm up to a new QB but in 2001 I finally really started getting into the miami dolphins, I remember it was around game3 in the 01 season fiedler ran in for a TD with very little time remaining to win the game for us, you guys should remember it, its that picture you always see in dolphin digest and whatever, hes layin int he endzone with the ball in his hand holdin it up. Back then he could win games for us. That season we were 11-5...THAT WAS BACK THEN!!! In my oppinion we have alot better talent now than back then. Another game when fiedler impressed me was in Denver the game I went to last year. He led our team in FG range with seconds on the clock. Now yes that final pass to weaver was lucky. It hit one of denvers DBs and fell into weavers hands but the fact is it was fiedler who got the team in range in those plays while having a broken thumb! Thats a quarterbackwith alot of heart, he kept playing even after his thumb was broken. Did anyone notice the difference in ray lucas? If we had our starting QB we would have won atleast 2 of those games that lucas lost for us and then we would have never even had to compete for the playoffs. Our defense is AMAZING THIS YEAR!!! just like every year. But our offense isnt there. IF we can establish a good passing game then ricky will have better games which will mean more wins. About Griese and fielder thouh...I like griese I think it would be great to have bobs son lead our team. But i still like fiedler and I cant decide between the 2 after only one game. I know this though, the fans will turn on griese just as quick as the denver fans did. In the stands people were yelling GRIESE YOU SUCK. It was really pissing me off because he did a great job but then at the end his passes werent very good and people started to yell at him already, it reminded me of the way the broncos treated griese in their stadium, they said the same stuff abou him

Back
Top Bottom