Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is ABSOLUTELY sold on Griese?

Bottom line is if Griese perform well agianst the Colts then Griese will remain QB.

Originally posted by WestPhish
BroncoFox,

It is quite ok that BG is not a mobile QB. Fins fans are used to that...Marino didn't quite set any record in 100m sprints.

:lolcry: Nothing but the truth there but we all loved every minute of it.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

Jimmy,

I seem to recall several teams interested in BG but he wanted to play for the dolphins and I'm sure his dad gave him a little push.

Did anybody actually want Griese as anything more than a backup? The Redskins actually wanted Jay as a starter.

In fairness, I do understand that it's hard to get much interest to be a team's starting QB if you're a June 1 cap casualty. That's what will probably limit Jay's appeal to other teams should he not restructure after this year.

BTW, I know I seem to be all over the place with this whole Brian Griese thing. Here's why:

Brian Griese pisses me off. I tried to like him in Denver, but it was clear that he just wasn't worth anything there. Meanwhile, a friend of mine has been ramming Griese this, Griese that down my throat for years. It's hard for me to accept that he is probably in control of his own destiny as a starter for my beloved Dolphins. What makes it worse is that I know Jay has the best heart of any QB I have seen play -- I love the way he fights and claws for a win.

Unlike those of you who have bashed Fiedler since he took the team over, I will make my peace with this Griese thing if he plays well. I never liked Wade Boggs, but I still respected him as the 3b for my beloved Red Sox. Even still, it's going to be a rough few weeks while I decide whether Griese is playing well enough for me to bury my bad feelings toward him...

Hey Jimmy, why don't you and Jay get a room already?

Christ.

Originally posted by AirVick
Hey Jimmy, why don't you and Jay get a room already?

Christ.

Do you care to add anything substantial to the discussion, or are you just here to make ad hominem attacks?

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Did anybody actually want Griese as anything more than a backup? The Redskins actually wanted Jay as a starter.

In fairness, I do understand that it's hard to get much interest to be a team's starting QB if you're a June 1 cap casualty. That's what will probably limit Jay's appeal to other teams should he not restructure after this year.

BTW, I know I seem to be all over the place with this whole Brian Griese thing. Here's why:

Brian Griese pisses me off. I tried to like him in Denver, but it was clear that he just wasn't worth anything there. Meanwhile, a friend of mine has been ramming Griese this, Griese that down my throat for years. It's hard for me to accept that he is probably in control of his own destiny as a starter for my beloved Dolphins. What makes it worse is that I know Jay has the best heart of any QB I have seen play -- I love the way he fights and claws for a win.

Unlike those of you who have bashed Fiedler since he took the team over, I will make my peace with this Griese thing if he plays well. I never liked Wade Boggs, but I still respected him as the 3b for my beloved Red Sox. Even still, it's going to be a rough few weeks while I decide whether Griese is playing well enough for me to bury my bad feelings toward him...

Good post, unfortunately a lot of our fans having seem Griese as much as you and I have and don't know the real him or why Denver let him go. I do and I know in a big game, I'd rather have Jay. I'm hoping Griese continues to have good games, and I'm hoping by not being the starter he has less pressure, especially against Indy. I hope Jay is healthy enough to come in if needed. and with Griese, Jay just may be needed. But I hope not, I want Jay to be 100% when he comes back. BG will be killed because of lack of mobility in this Indy game. Their D is much improved.

How nice to see so many football fans that appreciate Brian Griese. I was a fan of the Broncos from 1990 through 2002. No more. After Shanahan got through blaming Brian Griese for the losses, I can't stand to watch any team coached by him.

Fact. Brian played his first year as a starter on a team that had utilized the Rush more than the Pass in almost every game. So Brian comes in with a schedule of tough opponents, befitting the SB winner, and except for 2 games, Passed more than they used the Rush. A couple of times the ratio was 2-1! He lost a couple of games. DUH!

Brian has lost only ONE game in his CAREER where the Ground Game was used more. (BTW, Jake Plummer lost his ONLY game where he had to Pass more, & didn't even play the whole game.) Interesting that both QBs have faced SD. Play-by-play of those two games is very telling. :)

Brian has also won a couple of games where he passed twice as much as they rushed. A feat that very few QBs have managed. John Elway also lost all of his +P/-R games but one, since 1996. In those 3 years he never once had even close to a 2/1 Ratio, and most of his games were -P/+R.

Actually, the P/R Ratio is the key most of the time. Check it out with any QB you like. Despite what any present Bronco fans may think, I would bet Shanny is kicking himself in the backside right now. I think he is getting just what he deserved.

Once again, nice to see the 'positives' aimed at Brian.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

They also paid a ridiculous amount of money for Chad Morton and John Hall, so using them as a gauge is "grain of salt" at best.

I loved the way Griese threw the ball last night. If our O-line can keep his shirt clean every game like they did last night, he looks like he should remain the starter. His decision making was what stood out the most to me. He didn't lock onto his receivers the way jay does. He spread the ball around quite nicely. That's what we need to do to take advantage of our playmakers. I like Fiedler....always have, but Griese did show more natural QB talent than Jay ever has.

That being said, I have to reserve judgement as others have said until after the Indy game. I want to see how he handles a big game situation. Jay is a known subject. We know he handles pressure like a champ. Can Brian do it too? :dunno: His history aint too good.

Also, the second half of last nights game kinda brought me back down to earth a bit.

So basically...No, not sold yet.....Even though technically I sold out in the game thread last night by screaming CASE CLOSED!! after the third TD.....I have to take that back for the reasons I stated above and because I was posting on pure emotion, at the time. :D

Originally posted by Mr Fan
ANYTHING is better than Fiedler......Jay makes a good #2.

cmon now, anything? this is what i dont understand. just outright loony statements. dont tell me that half of the bad QB's out there in the NFl is better than fiedler.
Ill tell you what, ill take JF over drew bledsoe anytime from this point on in drews career.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I loved the way Griese threw the ball last night. If our O-line can keep his shirt clean every game like they did last night, he looks like he should remain the starter. His decision making was what stood out the most to me. He didn't lock onto his receivers the way jay does. He spread the ball around quite nicely. That's what we need to do to take advantage of our playmakers. I like Fiedler....always have, but Griese did show more natural QB talent than Jay ever has.

That being said, I have to reserve judgement as others have said until after the Indy game. I want to see how he handles a big game situation. Jay is a known subject. We know he handles pressure like a champ. Can Brian do it too? :dunno: His history aint too good.

Also, the second half of last nights game kinda brought me back down to earth a bit.

So basically...No, not sold yet.....Even though technically I sold out in the game thread last night by screaming CASE CLOSED!! after the third TD.....I have to take that back for the reasons I stated above and because I was posting on pure emotion, at the time. :D

i got news for ya infinsible, that game was planned for BG. couldnt ya tell by the six catches by james mcnight? where was james mcnight all season besides one end around reverse? he was nowhere to be found.

Originally posted by minus
Bottom line is if Griese perform well agianst the Colts then Griese will remain QB.

there should be no doubt. But i support JF and i support BG. I dont support getting drunk and tripping over a dog and breaking your foot when everyone is counting on you though. i am hoping BG has cleaned his act and from what i saw last ngiht with the interview after the game, he looked very calm and together. but once again, it is easier to be the new guy than to be the guy every week, week after week.

It's also easier to replace Fiedler than Elway. If Griese stays away from the off-field problems then he will fine.

Originally posted by Beckyj4
How nice to see so many football fans that appreciate Brian Griese. I was a fan of the Broncos from 1990 through 2002. No more. After Shanahan got through blaming Brian Griese for the losses, I can't stand to watch any team coached by him.

Fact. Brian played his first year as a starter on a team that had utilized the Rush more than the Pass in almost every game. So Brian comes in with a schedule of tough opponents, befitting the SB winner, and except for 2 games, Passed more than they used the Rush. A couple of times the ratio was 2-1! He lost a couple of games. DUH!

Brian has lost only ONE game in his CAREER where the Ground Game was used more. (BTW, Jake Plummer lost his ONLY game where he had to Pass more, & didn't even play the whole game.) Interesting that both QBs have faced SD. Play-by-play of those two games is very telling. :)

Brian has also won a couple of games where he passed twice as much as they rushed. A feat that very few QBs have managed. John Elway also lost all of his +P/-R games but one, since 1996. In those 3 years he never once had even close to a 2/1 Ratio, and most of his games were -P/+R.

Actually, the P/R Ratio is the key most of the time. Check it out with any QB you like. Despite what any present Bronco fans may think, I would bet Shanny is kicking himself in the backside right now. I think he is getting just what he deserved.

Once again, nice to see the 'positives' aimed at Brian.

i hate shannahan more than any coach in the league. i think he resembles satan. put some horns on his head and paint his face read and i swear he will scare the crap out of you.

Originally posted by finfan54

i got news for ya infinsible, that game was planned for BG. couldnt ya tell by the six catches by james mcnight? where was james mcnight all season besides one end around reverse? he was nowhere to be found.

Maybe Griese is better at finding his third receiver . :cool:

Back
Top Bottom