Who is better, Bills or Jets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is better, Bills or Jets?

I can't wait for that Monday night game in Miami this year, if the Dolphins win it's going to be one of the greatest football nights of my life. There has been so much trash talk this off-season with the Jets and Fins :d-day:
Last year, it was the Bill fans talking trash lol. They said they were a SB team lol.
I love these discussions. In terms of football, it gets me through the offseason.

I love how most Jet fans think that Miami is a trash team. I have not seen one Phin fan say we had an elite team. History shows that we will go to the AFC Champ. or the SB this year. Realistically in my opinion, Miami will go to the Wildcard and lose in the divisional playoff round. In 2010, I think we win the Super Bowl (or atleast go to it).

What history shows the fins will be in the AFC Championship or SB???

I don't think the Bills are a very good team and I think they have a r'tard for a head coach. There are too many question marks on the Jets for me to say which team is better even though I think the Jets have more talent.

I need to see what the new coach, QB and WR's for the Jets look like before I can say which team is better.

The Jets have a better D on paper than Miami. I'm pretty excited about our Secondary though, of course if they pan out. Jets will be in a great position if Sanchez proves to be good. Next year I expect him to be really good. However, this year I see him struggling, but that's my opinion. Our O-Line is pretty solid, but we lack depth. With Grove as our center, our running game is going to be great. I think NY has the best running game in the AFC EAST, but with the lack of WR's, teams are going to stack the box. Ronnie Brown is in great shape, in contract year, and is 2 years off injury. I agree about the D-Line, but that was last year. Our D-line should be much improved, so we'll see.

The Dolphins will be tough this year no doubt, I just don't see them repeating. I think the Dolphins have a better chance in the future with Chad Henne, Chad Pennington can't get it done against top defenses, they know how to stop his dinks and dunks and his inability to stretch the field.

I see Sanchez struggling too this year, rookie QBs usually do. But the Jets don't need him to do too much right now, they will run the ball and play defense. Teams stacked the box on us last year too, our teams passing game was changed for Favre and our WRs struggled, also Favre had a bad shoulder and was very inaccurate because of it.

The offense will be converted back to motions and shifts to create mismatches again, and also run the ball more with our 3 headed backfield Jones, Washington, and Greene who I see being a beast in the NFL.
Our OL should be better this year as they have a year under their belts together, chemistry on an OL is important.

Depending on the play of their QB's, the Jets are better. If K.C. totally bombs, and Sanchez struggles as a rookie, then the Jets will probably be worse. Neither team really impresses me that much, thats objectively. I think the Dolphins are better than both, provided we stay as healthy as we were last year.

who cares we are going to kick both of there azzez

Why is the Jets D SOOOO good? Because Rex Ryan is the coach now? Is that all of a sudden going to make everybody amazing? If anything, as of now, they are just as good as the Bills, and if better, only a little.

Depending on the play of their QB's, the Jets are better. If K.C. totally bombs, and Sanchez struggles as a rookie, then the Jets will probably be worse. Neither team really impresses me that much, thats objectively. I think the Dolphins are better than both, provided we stay as healthy as we were last year.

Okay first off, lets stop with the homerism. The Bills, Jets, and Dolphins will all have "OK" seasons at best, because of the impossibly hard schedule. Also, the Dolphins have THE hardest schedule in the league next year, and they had one of the easiest this year. In fact, our whole division has hard schedules. The Dolphins didn't win the division because they were amazing, but because the wildcat fooled the few good teams they played, and they were good enough to beat bad teams. I mean look at the Bills, a few minor tweaks to a couple games, and we would have been freakin 10-6. Here's how I see it...

10-6 (Wildcard, I'm a bills fan) Realistically, probably 8-8
Jets 7-9
Dolphins 8-8

Pats 9-7 - Brady just wont be the same after the injury, but they still play great together as a team and take division

Phins 7-9 - Pennington will continue to play well unless he gets injured, if that happens, Henne will come in and take some lumps and there record could be worse.

Jets 6-10 - Clemens and Sanchez will both struggle, but there running game and defense will win them a few games.

Bills 5-11 - T.O. will explode when they dont win and he doesnt get enough balls thrown his way. Jauron will be fired midway through the season and the rest of the team will have there calendars marked and vactions booked after the last game of the regular season.

I have no idea how it got to be "who is the best team in the division"
But i'll give it a shot anyway, this is without looking at the pats, bills or jets schedule.

Fins: 10-6 take division on tiebreaker
Pats: 10-6
Bills: 8-8
Jets: 6-10

On a side note, the only way i see us having LESS than 8 wins is if we get some key players injured.

Jets will have the best defense in the AFC east, the Bills may have the worst defense in the AFC East.

The Jets have a much better OL, a better run game. Only thing the Bills have on the Jets period is they have 2 good WRs and a experienced 3rd year QB. I think the Jets are the better team though.

Jets will play defense, confusing Edwards into INTs and bad decisions and run the ball all over their defense.

Love how Dolphin fans think the Dolphins are elite though, they are right here with the rest of the AFC east, the Patriots are the only elite team in the divison. The Dolphins won 11 games, coming out on top in a lot of close ones. They won't be that fortunate this season, I've seen it happen way too many times in the NFL. Teams go from bad to good in a year, then go back to bad the next. Its a cycle, the Dolphins had the ball go their way, it was a great run. But most times it doesn't continue the next season.

I would say its the Patriots at number 1 and then you can really rank the other 3 teams in any order. Although I have a hard time seeing the Bills emerge as the second best team in the AFC East.

As far as the comparison of who is better between the Jets and Bills goes. Call me a homer but I would say the Jets.

The Jets defense on paper might be the best defense in the AFC East.

The Jets have a good OL and a very good running game which could feature a 3 headed monster. They have a TE who could become a really good player in this league in Dustin Keller and Leon Washington who is not only a threat in the running game.

While there not strong at WR they have Jerricho Cotchery who is a very good number 2 and Stuckey is a guy I have always liked. Although when you compare them to the Bills duo it isnt even close. The Bills have a huge edge there.

But other then WR where else are the Bills a lot better then the Jets at? While Trent Edwards does have more experience then a rookie like Sanchez that doesnt make him anything special. He is a weak armed QB playing in the swirling winds of Buffalo who is going to have to worry about Terrell Ownes and distractions like that.

And i'm not a fan of their HC either.

Sanchez isnt in a bad spot. He should have a pretty good defense to back him up and a really good running game along with a good O-Line to help protect him. The Bills O-Line has been changed around and isnt looked at as a stregnth. If Sanchez can be smart back there and avoid costly turnovers I think he can have a successful rookie year.

I basically see either the Jets and Bills as 9 or 8 win teams at best and 4 or 5 win teams at worst. They will probably be somewhere in the middle. I'll give the edge to the Jets though.

I really do think the AFC East is split into two halves. The top half, which is the Dolphins and Patriots, and the bottom half which is the Bills and Jets.

The Patriots are the Patriots and they get Tom Brady back. Of course there are questions whether he will be the same player, but they no matter what will be in the race for the division title. The Patriots will likely win between 9-12 games this season.

The Dolphins are the defending champs, and the road to the 2009 East title goes through Miami. They didn't lose any significant players and used the offseason to bolster their offensive line, secondary and even get back a friendly face in Jason Taylor. With a year under his belt, Tony Sparano and company will have this team ready to go this season. The Dolphins will likely win 9-11 games this season.

Now, lets look at the bottom half of the division.

The Jets have a new coach, an unhappy running back and will likely start a rookie at quarterback. The coach is already off to a bad start as he decided to pick a fight with a player through the media and admitted he didn't even know who Channing Crowder was. How are you supposed to prepare for a division rival if you don't even know who is on the team? Sounds like a guy who should stay away from the buffet table and spend more time in the film room. Sanchez will likely get the nod at QB, and while Ryan and Flacco had success their rookie season, history shows that rookie quarterbacks usually struggle. Plus, this is a guy who only had 16 college starts and couldn't beat out John David Booty for the starting job in 2007. Their defense did get stronger with some additions, but will 2008 bust Gholston step up to the plate? I expect a long year for the Jets and they will probably win between 4-6 games this season.

The Bills made the big media splash when they signed 35 year old receiver Terrell Owens. While he is a "big name" and a player that will help Buffalo get back on the map, he is a QB killer and a team cancer. With Edwards throwing him the ball, he has the worst QB of his career. If he couldn't get along with McNabb, Garcia and Romo, there is no way he will get along with Edwards. The defense supplied no real pass rush last season and while Maybin should help out there, he is way to raw(reports say he was a huge disappointment in mini camps) and will take a year or two to adjust. Lynch is suspended for the first three games. Dick Jauron has only ever had one winning season and I don't see that changing this year. I am not going to give a range for them, I will go with their standard 7-9 season. Though it could be worse, but it definitely won't be any better.

I really do think the AFC East is split into two halves. The top half, which is the Dolphins and Patriots, and the bottom half which is the Bills and Jets.

The Patriots are the Patriots and they get Tom Brady back. Of course there are questions whether he will be the same player, but they no matter what will be in the race for the division title. The Patriots will likely win between 9-12 games this season.

The Dolphins are the defending champs, and the road to the 2009 East title goes through Miami. They didn't lose any significant players and used the offseason to bolster their offensive line, secondary and even get back a friendly face in Jason Taylor. With a year under his belt, Tony Sparano and company will have this team ready to go this season. The Dolphins will likely win 9-11 games this season.

The Jets have a new coach, an unhappy running back and will likely start a rookie at quarterback. The coach is already off to a bad start as he decided to pick a fight with a player through the media and admitted he didn't even know who Channing Crowder was. How are you supposed to prepare for a division rival if you don't even know who is on the team? Sounds like a guy who should stay away from the buffet table and spend more time in the film room. Sanchez will likely get the nod at QB, and while Ryan and Flacco had success their rookie season, history shows that rookie quarterbacks usually struggle. Plus, this is a guy who only had 16 college starts and couldn't beat out John David Booty for the starting job in 2007. Their defense did get stronger with some additions, but will 2008 bust Gholston step up to the plate? I expect a long year for the Jets and they will probably win between 4-6 games this season.

The Bills made the big media splash when they signed 35 year old receiver Terrell Owens. While he is a "big name" and a player that will help Buffalo get back on the map, he is a QB killer and a team cancer. With Edwards throwing him the ball, he has the worst QB of his career. If he couldn't get along with McNabb, Garcia and Romo, there is no way he will get along with Edwards. The defense supplied no real pass rush last season and while Maybin should help out there, he is way to raw(reports say he was a huge disappointment in mini camps) and will take a year or two to adjust. Lynch is suspended for the first three games. Dick Jauron has only ever had one winning season and I don't see that changing this year. I am not going to give a range for them, I will go with their standard 7-9 season. Though it could be worse, but it definitely won't be any better.

If you really believe the road to the AFC East title goes through Miami, you're truly a blind homer. Apparently you forgot about a couple of minor details in the landscape of the AFC East.

1) Tom Brady
2) The fins are a part of the other part of the AFC East.

Did you forget what happened when your beloved fins faced a real playoff team last year? They took advantage of an easy schedule and every other starting QB in the division being injured to win the division and make the playoffs. They're an average team that is trying to get better. The Pats are a perennial superbowl contender with there pro-bowl/all-pro/hof/superbowl mvp QB back.

The fins are just another average team in the pack of NFL average teams hopeful to make the playoffs. The Pats are the team to beat in the AFC, let alone the AFC East.

Ok........ I am really getting sick of you Dolphin fans posting about Ryan's comments, only posting about the parts that make him look bad. Not about the parts where he says how hes just playing around and does know who Channing Crowder is and says hes a fine player. If you post about something listen to the whole story, not just a bit to make your point look better.
Saying that Ryan is off to a bad start already is completely clueless, he hasn't even coached a game yet and hes off to a bad start? Yeah right! His team's moral is higher than its been in YEARS, players are excited to play football again and are loving playing under Ryan. The players love the new defensive scheme that Ryan is installing, as it allows more freedom and more chances to make plays. Ryan also knows how to bring his players confidence up, he wants his team to be confident in their ability. MInd you hes taking over a team that hasn't won a SB in 40+ years. He has to bring this tough guy attitude that hes not intiminated by anyone, that is the type of attitude you need to succeed in New York. Heck thats the type of attitude Bill Parcells had.

If the team was not happy and not working hard maybe you have a point, but right now he has the team focused and confident for the season.

And whocares if our RB is having a contract disagreement, like that really means anything. Both our backs will be here and be a big part of the team this season, we also have Shonn Greene on our roster who is inssurance as some feel he had 1st round talent as a runner, he really dominated college football last season.
I think Ryan is doing a good job so far in building up players confidence and making them believe in themselves, because he believes in them.

The Dolphins aren't a great team, and they aren't leagues above the Jets or Bills. They are around the same level, the thing that separates the Patriots with everyone is they have one of the leagues top offenses.

The Dolphins only advantage on offense over the Jets is that they have a veteran QB this year, while the Jets may have a rookie QB.

Back
Top Bottom