Who is better, Bills or Jets? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is better, Bills or Jets?

I agree with you. Nubs7, that the division is split into two halves.

We have the Pats floating above the other three teams in the division and even with less than a par Brady at the helm could do this on Belichicks brain power alone.

Now....and I don't meen to dis your Phins at all, this is just my belief, the Jets, Bills and Miami will duke it out not only to overcome each other, but to get past NE for a playoff spot. There are too many good (and comparable teams) in the confrence to automatically think that 10 wins will make a wildcard berth. It very well could, but a lot factors in.

Each of the other three has strengths as well as weaknesses, which have been well documented on these boards.

The Jets lack receivers and have a rookie QB, maybe, good rbs, I would'nt doubt if Clemens starts the season off myself. Good lines, but the coaching is not a proven commodity as of yet, he is proven on the defensive side of the ball, and defense wins games. The Jets D isn't the Baltimore D at this point though, so mediocre offense isn't going to keep them in the games it did for the Ravens when their forte' wasn't scoring a lot of points or comming from behind.

The Bills have a line in flux, the d line actually was ranked 6th for stopping the opposing team between the tackles and aside from a week link with outside linebacker, are solid in the def. back dept. Edwards is a ?, but has proven at times he can be a starter in this league. Coaching has proven to be the achilles heal, but the Bills were playing without a lot of good skilled players for most of Jarouns tenure. Injured players are back, a young teams a year older and Edwards has a lot of weopons now. If he can stay upright to take advantage of that.

I don't want to critisize the Dolphins. They won the division, so yes, it goes through Miami. One more reason the rest of the teams will have to knock them down a peg. Their coaching is good, Pennington is smart and plays to perfection in systems that are designed for him, your receivers and te position can get it done and the line and rbs are good. The Phins D may have its only real soft spot, or spots in the backfield.

The strength of sched. is a lot tougher for the division as well.

I would have to give the nod to Miami at this point, though. If any of the three teams are going to surpass the Pats and/or claw out enough W's for a wildcard playoff berth, in my mind, they could do it before the other two.

Just a brief rundown, speculation whatever, but thats how I loosly see it this early. Like camp hasn't even begun yet.

Unless we get key players injured as i've said, then we will fight all the way for the division title.
I absolutely hate it how everyone thinks "oh yeah now that tom brady is on the pats, they are now 19-0 why dont we just give them the lombardi trophy now and keep doing so until he retires"
And how are the patriots the team to beat in the afc? Let alone the division.
Thats like saying "Yeah the jets are the team to beat because they won the superbowl 40 years ago."
And the dolphins are infact above the bills and jets. Not 10 miles ahead but as of right now and most like for some time will be significantly ahead.
Oh and the last time tom brady faced a significant D, i believe that he lost as well.
That was indeed in the super bowl 2 years ago.

Unless we get key players injured as i've said, then we will fight all the way for the division title.
I absolutely hate it how everyone thinks "oh yeah now that tom brady is on the pats, they are now 19-0 why dont we just give them the lombardi trophy now and keep doing so until he retires"
Thats like saying "Yeah the jets are the team to beat because they won the superbowl 40 years ago."
And the dolphins are infact above the bills and jets. Not 10 miles ahead but as of right now and most like for some time will be significantly ahead.
Oh and the last time tom brady faced a significant D, i believe that he lost as well.

If a red c-hair is significantly ahead, I'll give you that in mid July. Wait till the pads go on in camp at least before you make statements like that.

How arent the Pats the team to beat in the division? You beat them without their star QB. One of the best players to ever play this game. Congratulations, you earned it. But there a different team with Brady. The AFC East goes through New England. Everybody knows that.

Your ahead of us because you have more experience at the QB posistion right now. But how long is Chad Pennington going to be your QB? Eventually your going to have Chad Henne taking over at the QB spot and he isnt a sure thing just like Sanchez isnt.

-+
That's your opinion anyone who isn't a Dolphin fan will disagree.
No one said that.
How are they not? They won as many games as the fins last year with a harder schedule and with a backup at QB who hadn't played since high school. Now they have one of the best of all time returning. How quickly you forget how good they were before he went down.

No, it's actually nothing like that. If you really believe that then you have serious issues with reading comprehension and logic in general.

I won't disagree the lfins are better than the jets and bills right now, the jets have a lot of question marks and the bills just plain stink. If they are better it's not by much. They're certainly not on the same level as the Pats.

Yup, they lost in the SUPERBOWL to a dominant defense. Brady also had them within a miracle catch of his FOURTH championship.

It's amazing how blinded some of you are by your fanhood.

Jets will have the best defense in the AFC east, the Bills may have the worst defense in the AFC East.

The Jets have a much better OL, a better run game. Only thing the Bills have on the Jets period is they have 2 good WRs and a experienced 3rd year QB. I think the Jets are the better team though.

Jets will play defense, confusing Edwards into INTs and bad decisions and run the ball all over their defense.

Love how Dolphin fans think the Dolphins are elite though, they are right here with the rest of the AFC east, the Patriots are the only elite team in the divison. The Dolphins won 11 games, coming out on top in a lot of close ones. They won't be that fortunate this season, I've seen it happen way too many times in the NFL. Teams go from bad to good in a year, then go back to bad the next. Its a cycle, the Dolphins had the ball go their way, it was a great run. But most times it doesn't continue the next season.

Haha. I love the silliness that the Jets have the best defense and the Bilsl ahve teh worst. Hilarious. Because according to actual #s (I apologize for using facts), the Bills had the 2nd best defense in the AFC EAST with the Jets being the worst http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/b...ence=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=1129&timeframe=

Oh, by I'm sure you're assuming because you got a chunky coach from the Ravens that all of sudden you are some superstar unit. How did it work out for Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis? And I'm sure Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard were the real reasons the Jets were successful, while except Lewis, Reed, Pryce, Ngata, Suggs, etc. And you going to love Leonhard. I respect teh kid a lot but he owes Ed Reed his signing bonus. Lee Evans is already drooling about the possiblity of getting matchup deep in the secondary with him.

My god, Jets fans are delusional. They were a junk team and Farve led them from 4-12 to 9-7, yet they love to blame him as the reason they lost. Because Thomas Jones was a pro bowler before playing with a HOFer. :chuckle: But I'm sure there will be no drop off from a HOF QB to a one year college starter from Cali. :d-day:

I really do think the AFC East is split into two halves. The top half, which is the Dolphins and Patriots, and the bottom half which is the Bills and Jets.

The Patriots are the Patriots and they get Tom Brady back. Of course there are questions whether he will be the same player, but they no matter what will be in the race for the division title. The Patriots will likely win between 9-12 games this season.

The Dolphins are the defending champs, and the road to the 2009 East title goes through Miami. They didn't lose any significant players and used the offseason to bolster their offensive line, secondary and even get back a friendly face in Jason Taylor. With a year under his belt, Tony Sparano and company will have this team ready to go this season. The Dolphins will likely win 9-11 games this season.

Haha @ the road going through Miami. Congrats, on the AFC East title you won with smoke and mirrors. No one cares about it anymore. Couple of questions:

- Has Pennington ever put back to back successful or injury free seasons together in his career?

- How did Porter and Taylor do in their one season together?

- If Ginn doesn't play against a one legged McGee, is he possibly one of the worst draft picks ever?

Now, lets look at the bottom half of the division.

The Jets have a new coach, an unhappy running back and will likely start a rookie at quarterback. The coach is already off to a bad start as he decided to pick a fight with a player through the media and admitted he didn't even know who Channing Crowder was. How are you supposed to prepare for a division rival if you don't even know who is on the team? Sounds like a guy who should stay away from the buffet table and spend more time in the film room. Sanchez will likely get the nod at QB, and while Ryan and Flacco had success their rookie season, history shows that rookie quarterbacks usually struggle. Plus, this is a guy who only had 16 college starts and couldn't beat out John David Booty for the starting job in 2007. Their defense did get stronger with some additions, but will 2008 bust Gholston step up to the plate? I expect a long year for the Jets and they will probably win between 4-6 games this season.

The Bills made the big media splash when they signed 35 year old receiver Terrell Owens. While he is a "big name" and a player that will help Buffalo get back on the map, he is a QB killer and a team cancer. With Edwards throwing him the ball, he has the worst QB of his career. If he couldn't get along with McNabb, Garcia and Romo, there is no way he will get along with Edwards. The defense supplied no real pass rush last season and while Maybin should help out there, he is way to raw(reports say he was a huge disappointment in mini camps) and will take a year or two to adjust. Lynch is suspended for the first three games. Dick Jauron has only ever had one winning season and I don't see that changing this year. I am not going to give a range for them, I will go with their standard 7-9 season. Though it could be worse, but it definitely won't be any better.

You're right about TO though. He is a QB killer. Of course, every QB he has ever played with had the best season of their career playing with him. And we all know the Garcia and Romo were megastars before playing with TO. Oh wait, Garcia was a career CFLer and Romo was an undrafted free agent.

And the Bills terrible defense was the 2nd best in the division with one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL. But I'm sure missing a 2 time pro bowl DE didn't hurt that at all. And I laugh at anyone putting stock in OTa reports. They are meaningless. If Maybin contribute 5 sacks, it will be a successful season. I'm not guaranteeing anything but the Bills are a lot better than most want to give them credit for.

Pats far and away
Bills
Fins
Jets

How arent the Pats the team to beat in the division? You beat them without their star QB. One of the best players to ever play this game. Congratulations, you earned it. But there a different team with Brady. The AFC East goes through New England. Everybody knows that.
Matt Hasselbeck is back for the Seahawks this season. Does the NFC West go through Seattle this year? No, it goes through Arizona. To be the champs, you have to beat the champs. The AFC East goes through Miami, no question about it.

Matt Hasselbeck is back for the Seahawks this season. Does the NFC West go through Seattle this year? No, it goes through Arizona. To be the champs, you have to beat the champs. The AFC East goes through Miami, no question about it.
It's not boxing dude, and Matt Hasselbeck is no where near the QB Tom Brady is.

Only a homer would think the division goes through Miami, no question about it.

It's not boxing dude, and Matt Hasselbeck is no where near the QB Tom Brady is.

Only a homer would think the division goes through Miami, no question about it.
Someone who thinks the team that finished number one in the division is the team to beat is not a homer, they are a realist. The Patriots were the team to beat for years, but Miami is the team that finally knocked them off their pedestal. The Dolphins are now the team to beat in the AFC until either the Bills, Jets or Patriots can knock them off.

Where I come from, being number one is better then being number two. Maybe things are different where you are from, but here things are not backwards. Up is not down, dry is not wet and 2nd place teams are not better then 1st place teams. Sorry, most people understand that.

Someone who thinks the team that finished number one in the division is the team to beat is not a homer, they are a realist. The Patriots were the team to beat for years, but Miami is the team that finally knocked them off their pedestal. The Dolphins are now the team to beat in the AFC until either the Bills, Jets or Patriots can knock them off.

Where I come from, being number one is better then being number two. Maybe things are different where you are from, but here things are not backwards. Up is not down, dry is not wet and 2nd place teams are not better then 1st place teams. Sorry, most people understand that.
The Fins usually give the Pats a hard time anyways. I don't know why people are making the Bills look like a crap team. They may suprise everyone. And the Jet fans are being a little delusional. The Jets are a great team because they have a rookie QB and a rookie head coach? How did that work for Miami when we got Cameron. When we got him, the media said we were a SB caliber team. Also, Jet fans blame Favre as he was the reason they fell apart. You wouldn't even have been 9-7 without Favre. The Patriots are the best team in the AFC EAST, but that dosen't give people the right to crown them the champs in July. What if Brady goes down again? Their secondary is ? just like Miami's. And to Dolphin fans, stop making us look elite because we are not.

Your ahead of us because you have more experience at the QB posistion right now. But how long is Chad Pennington going to be your QB? Eventually your going to have Chad Henne taking over at the QB spot and he isnt a sure thing just like Sanchez isnt.
I disagree. The AFC EAST does not go through the Patriots. They've owned the division for most of this decade, but Miami still owns the division in all the division stats except SB wins and conference wins. New England also had a easy divison when they had their dynasty. The Dolphins had a good D (not elite) and a decent offense, but bad coaching and drafting led to our downfall. We used to be in the playoffs every year, but now we are a team fighting for respect. The Bills went through hell as well. The Jets, well, had some good runs this decade, but they haven't accomplished anything either. However, the division is much more tougher. The Patriots will not own the division. If you think the Pats will be 6-0 in the division, then you are delusional.

Chad Pennington will probably be injured this season, so that means Henne will take his place. Will Henne be good? I don't know, time will tell. I hope people don't think Sanchez will be like Matt Ryan (had a great running game and very good o-line) and Flacco (Elite D and solid offense). Their rookie seasons were very overrated in my opinion, but they are good QB's. This season will test them. Ryan will have to deal with a harder schedule and Flacco won't have an elite D. I doubt Sanchez will start this season anyways. Let him develop and do not throw him to the wolves, like Miami did with Beck.

Right. So the fact that Tom Brady wasn't playing last season doesn't mean anything to you.

It's always good to talk to a realist.

Right. So the fact that Tom Brady wasn't playing last season doesn't mean anything to you.

Miami would not have won the division last year with Brady playing. However, the week 3 game would have became a shootout instead of a blowout and the 2nd game would have ended in a disaster for Miami. Miami would have just missed a WC spot with Brady as the QB. The Jets would have not split with the Pats either, they would have been swept. Buffalo went 0-6 in the division without Brady.

With the exception of 2007, Miami usually always splits with New England. So, it doesn't really matter if they have Brady or not, Miami can still beat them.

Back
Top Bottom