who is better, Philly or Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is better, Philly or Dolphins?

Riftur

Demon
Reaction score
I see a lot of the talking heads who say they believe in Philly more than the Dolphins and I am confused at why. First, I have to admit I have not watched Philly this year, only highlights and Hurts is playing amazing football. At the same time, they haven't played a good team yet and the Dolphins have played 3 with 2 of them being legit SB contenders. Is this just a case of the media's hate of the Dolphins or is it a legit assessment of both teams?

To me it's subjective. I think those who have been against Tua have a hard time trusting him to keep winning. Several outlets had us #1

Both teams are playing well and yes our schedule has been tougher but in the larger picture it doesn't matter.

Keep playing well and these taking heads will change their tune.

Miami has certainly played the tougher schedule. You know the narrative agaisnt is though from the national media. Think back to training camp this year when they said it wasn’t close between us.

I haven’t seen Hurts play yet this year against a top defense. Lions, Washington? Seriously? Not saying we’re better but I think at this point we’re more dynamic. At the end of the day the eagles also play in a weaker division

Some may have forgotten how our #1's dominated theirs in the joint practice we had. The pre-season game doesn't really count for much since none of the #1's even played, but at the practice went badly for Philly.
I did not think about that but its true. This is off topic but I just watched a video on ESPN where Steven A says im not taking anything away from the Dolphins win but, then he lists every excuse we have heard so far (basically we got lucky according to him). The funniest part is that he says we will never see another Bills game during the allen era where they make so many mistakes. He basically discounts the fact it was our defense that caused allen to make those mistakes. It is starting to feel like a political campaign lol.

Record wise both are the best teams in the league.

Miami has played the tougher teams, but Philly has had the more complete wins.

Hurts is playing lights out.
So.is Tua.

Like Andy said. It's subjective. I say Miami, but I am not going to be upset if Philly is 1 and we are 2.

But yes, that would be a fun SB
Miami vs. Hurts....errrr...I mean Philly

I did not think about that but its true. This is off topic but I just watched a video on ESPN where Steven A says im not taking anything away from the Dolphins win but, then he lists every excuse we have heard so far (basically we got lucky according to him). The funniest part is that he says we will never see another Bills game during the allen era where they make so many mistakes. He basically discounts the fact it was our defense that caused allen to make those mistakes. It is starting to feel like a political campaign lol.
Bills dropped 1 INT...Dolphins dropped 5 or so. Biggest thing giving me hope for their next meeting...yes every game is different, but if this defense gets fully dialed-in and communicating well, they can shred any offense.

Some may have forgotten how our #1's dominated theirs in the joint practice we had. The pre-season game doesn't really count for much since none of the #1's even played, but at the practice went badly for Philly.
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Bills dropped 1 INT...Dolphins dropped 5 or so. Biggest thing giving me hope for their next meeting...yes every game is different, but if this defense gets fully dialed-in and communicating well, they can shred any offense.

With their O line, and Burrows...welll....accuracy concerns so far, the defense can have a big day.

Hopefully they are rested enough to take advantage.

But, in the end, it's nice to finally have an offense that if the defense stinks up the joint, the offense can have their back.

Kohou and Holland with INTS this game. Phillips gets on the board with a huge game today.

Get er done lol

Record wise both are the best teams in the league.

Miami has played the tougher teams, but Philly has had the more complete wins.

Hurts is playing lights out.
So.is Tua.

Like Andy said. It's subjective. I say Miami, but I am not going to be upset if Philly is 1 and we are 2.

But yes, that would be a fun SB
Miami vs. Hurts....errrr...I mean Philly
As long as its a real assessment, it does not bother me. I am a realist, I know my phins are not the best team in the NFL right now. It is still probably KC or the Bills but we are not far behind with this offense now. We get our tackling issues fixed and get Jones back on D, we will be good on that side. Once our oline develops more chemistry, we will start to actually run our offense the way McD wants to. We still have not seen the offense our coach wants to use and we are this good already. Just wait for everything to come together! I cant wait though! lol

Back
Top Bottom