who is better, Philly or Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is better, Philly or Dolphins?

Our qb is much better than theirs, wrs are close with an edge to us, but everything thing else on offense is lopsided to the eagles.

Defensively they are way better right now. It may look different with the return of Byron Jones though.

Head to head it’s a tough matchup for us. I Don’t know if we could stop their offense, but I wouldn’t bet against a healthy Tua right now, especially against a former qb teammate.

Philly’s offense is more conducive to bad weather and playoffs because of their run game. Both defenses are good enough to get to super bowl.

Miami needs a run game before their offense will be viewed as complete. Throwing bombs is sexy but isn’t dependable, especially in bad weather.

We’re only 3 games in on a new offense and OL scheme. If Miami’s offense figures out a running game with safeties playing back on their heels, Tua is going to vault to elite status.

Last edited:
Oh, and bring in Ace Ventura for the Super Bowl
Hell yeah! Hey thanks, I am bored as hell because of the hurricane but you just gave me something to do. Perfect time to watch that movie. Good idea! thanks lol

I see a lot of the talking heads who say they believe in Philly more than the Dolphins and I am confused at why. First, I have to admit I have not watched Philly this year, only highlights and Hurts is playing amazing football. At the same time, they haven't played a good team yet and the Dolphins have played 3 with 2 of them being legit SB contenders. Is this just a case of the media's hate of the Dolphins or is it a legit assessment of both teams?
It certainly seems like they love the Eagles (and Hurts). On the flip side, a lot of them pick apart our wins (and Tua). We only had one good qtr against Baltimore and they were injured. The Bills were short handed and the heat got them. It's really laughable. Just keep winning. Dolphins can use this to their advantage.

With their O line, and Burrows...welll....accuracy concerns so far, the defense can have a big day.

Hopefully they are rested enough to take advantage.

But, in the end, it's nice to finally have an offense that if the defense stinks up the joint, the offense can have their back.

Kohou and Holland with INTS this game. Phillips gets on the board with a huge game today.

Get er done lol
Jaelen Phillips, I'm looking at you tomorrow night! Happy you are getting good PFF ratings, especially against the run, but you need to put Burrow on his ass.

Jaelen Phillips, I'm looking at you tomorrow night! Happy you are getting good PFF ratings, especially against the run, but you need to put Burrow on his ass.
I agree, this is the perfect game for Phillips and all our pass rushers. If we win, it's because the Bengals dont have enough talent on the oline for Burrow. Not because the dolphins are better. If the talking heads try to blame Cincy's oline for why Burrow is playing so poorly, i think i will flip. Their oline is not very good, but is still better than what Tua had the last 2 years.

I agree, this is the perfect game for Phillips and all our pass rushers. If we win, it's because the Bengals dont have enough talent on the oline for Burrow. Not because the dolphins are better. If the talking heads try to blame Cincy's oline for why Burrow is playing so poorly, i think i will flip. Their oline is not very good, but is still better than what Tua had the last 2 years.
Actually, I hope the talking heads are complaining on Friday. That means we won, ha!

Miami played better teams period

But you know what they say any given Sunday

Oh yes the running Qb always looks good the first 1-6 games of the season and then the wear sets in when the hops aren’t quite when the hits add up Hurts will bring back memories of the other Hurts

You saw TB completely dismantle Hurts last season what was the the POs?? Against a formidable D pick Tua

Bet on the cerebral QB and MM over Hurts and what’s his head

Last edited:
Interesting how both teams had rookie Alabama first round WRs last year then also acquired a top tier elite WR in the offseason via trade. Not to mention the similarities between Hurts and Tua. Their head coach Sirianni is also a young offensive guy who's worked his way up over 15+ years of coaching every part of the offense, like McDaniel. Very interesting and similar teams

Back
Top Bottom