who is better, Philly or Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is better, Philly or Dolphins?

Were going to have a run of "weaker" teams after the Bengals game. Can see this team with 10 wins by December if injuries dont pile up.

Yes, on paper, if Miami had a good start first 4 games, the schedule was advantageous for Miami.

I know some don't wanna hear it. I respect the whole 1 game at a time.

But when we did the season record prediction thread, there's a reason I didn't have our first loss till Buffalo in December.

I felt the schedule gave us an early advantage these first 4 games and I trusted in Tua and McDaniel.

Once past the first 4 games, there was no team of the same quality till Buffalo.

There are let down games, thus is the NFL.Any given Sunday.

But Miami has won their 2 hardest games scheduled until December. If the team stays healthy, there's no team, on paper, that should be considered better or the favorite. I guess Bengals, only because of the SB. After that, there's no reason to think we can't run the table till December.

Doesn't mean we will. Just means there's no reason we shouldn't be able to.

Were going to have a run of "weaker" teams after the Bengals game. Can see this team with 10 wins by December if injuries dont pile up.
I know, its crazy to think about. We just went through the toughest start of any team this year and for the first time in over 20 years, they outperformed our expectations by a lot. I mean, everyone thought 2-2 would be an excellent start. Does anyone remember the last time the Dolphins outperformed what fans hoped for?

Miami played better teams period

But you know what they say any given Sunday

Oh yes the running Qb always looks good the first 1-6 games of the season and then the wear sets in when the hops aren’t quite when the hits add up Hurts will bring back memories of the other Hurts

You saw TB completely dismantle Hurts last season what was the the POs?? Against a formidable D pick Tua

Bet on the cerebral QB and MM over Hurts and what’s his head

At some point, stringing 'any given Sundays' together stops being 'any given Sunday'

Some may have forgotten how our #1's dominated theirs in the joint practice we had. The pre-season game doesn't really count for much since none of the #1's even played, but at the practice went badly for Philly.
Philly is a good team and generally I'm rooting for them (at least not against them). But they play in a considerably weaker conference and have played weaker competition. Those joint practices and the preseason are the only meaningful comparison points we have. And the fact of the matter is we dominated them. Teams evolve throughout the season so it doesn't mean everything and it's not definitive for where the teams stand now or at a hypothetical future SB meeting. But as a starting point you have to assume that Miami was probably the superior team and then extrapolate from their other games whether or not Philly has closed the gap. I don't see how any honest assessment could conclude that Philly has improved so much more (or any more) than Miami has.

Just found a pretty good article comparing Hurts to Tua through week 2. Good read. Make sure you watch the Andrew Hawkins interview if you havent seen it yet. Its the best part.

With Hurts playing the way he is and AJB, Smith, Watkins and Goddert behind rock solid OL that is formiddable
Brown has been a beast

Philly is a damn good squad, very well rounded, and I’m impressed with the way Sirianni has moulded that club. But I’ll take the Fins for one reason…

Tua > Hurts

I had a discussion with a friend of mine (Jags fan) on Facebook yesterday about these two teams, and an Eagles fan jumped in and said something along the lines of “The Eagles are much better, because they played the tougher schedule. The Lions would destroy Buffalo.” At that moment, I knew not to respond. When the Eagles inevitably collapse, the fans can take their anger out on Santa and parked cars. I’m not getting involved in that debate

The Dolphins have played the much tougher schedule so far but that should even out as the season goes along. Hopefully the Dolphins will play the Eagles in the SB and we can see at that time who the better team is.

I did not think about that but its true. This is off topic but I just watched a video on ESPN where Steven A says im not taking anything away from the Dolphins win but, then he lists every excuse we have heard so far (basically we got lucky according to him). The funniest part is that he says we will never see another Bills game during the allen era where they make so many mistakes. He basically discounts the fact it was our defense that caused allen to make those mistakes. It is starting to feel like a political campaign lol.
Steven A is the only one in sports media that sounds like he’s running for a political office.

Miami has certainly played the tougher schedule. You know the narrative agaisnt is though from the national media. Think back to training camp this year when they said it wasn’t close between us.

^^This.

We outplayed them in TC.

But I’m absolutely certain the mainstream doesn’t know this.

Lastly, unless we meet in the SB — it really doesn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom