Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Coaches? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Coaches?

So you get to choose 4 coaches and only 4.

Mine:

Shula
Lombardi
Walsh
Belichick

I substitute Tom Landry for Bill Walsh. Tough call, but Landry was a trend setter and really helped modernize the game. He's a notch below Shula. We're also forgetting George Halas.

Shula
Lombardi
Walsh
Landry

Can't put a man like Belichick who has been caught so many times doing illegal, and unsavory things to win championships.

Does anyone really believe the times he was caught were the only times he cheated? Have a feeling it's only a small percentage of the times he has gone to the dark side for an easier victory.

...can't believe how many would include Belicheat

in any frame of reference with classic non-cheating coaches

like Shula, Walsh, Lombardi etc!

Belicheat deserves a "monument"

constructed from bovine excrement!

My opinion.

Of course.

BNF

My Mount Rushmore of coaches has four faces. On the left is the rock jawed profile of Don Shula. In the center looking straight on is Don Shula. To the right, Don Shula and the fourth face is the most prominent and proud, and it’s Don Shula.

Lombardi, Paul Brown, Shula and Belichick.

Walsh, Noll, Landry, Parcells, Gibbs on the outside.

It's tough. Ignoring any modern day coaches you had:

Lombardi, Halas, Brown, Shula, Landry, Gibbs, Noll, Walsh, Parcells and maybe even Allen and Levy*.
Obviously some we all agree can go on the second tier but going down to just 4 is tough.

My shot is Halas, Landry, Shula & Walsh.

*History would favor him way more had they won at least 1 of the 4 tries in the SB

Most coaches will admit that Paul Brown is the greatest coach ever, and the father of the modern game.
George Halas must be on there. Shula passed him for the win record, but if you look at Halas's stats, there was one season where he only coached in 5 games, and 7 or so where he coached in only 11. Halas still had 318 regular season wins.
Shula is 3rd. 2 superbowl wins, 6 appearances, most wins, 1 perfect season.
The fourth spot.... I understand the argument against Belicheck, but still, what he accomplished was unbelievable. If I am excluding him, I have to go with Lombardi. Look at how many NFL championships he won before the Super Bowl ever existed, and he even won two of them.
Landry, Noll, Walsh are banging on the door.

Man, this is tough. If we leave Belicheck off for cheating, then we have to leave Noll off as well. The Steelers linemen were all on steroids and their time didn't come until after the World Football League ripped the guts out of the Miami offence.
Shula
Landry
Walsh
Gibbs

That's a tough question because I never saw Lombardi coach. So, in that sense, I'll go with the ones I've seen firsthand.

Shula
Walsh
Bellichick (unfortunately)
Landry

Man, this is tough. If we leave Belicheck off for cheating, then we have to leave Noll off as well. The Steelers linemen were all on steroids and their time didn't come until after the World Football League ripped the guts out of the Miami offence.
Shula
Landry
Walsh
Gibbs
Gibbs is a good call. I think those Redskin teams were underrated.

I can't conceivably put Belicheat on this list. The guy %$%#$ cheated to win. So for me it's 1) Shula 2) Knoll 3) Landry 4) Lombardi.

Definitely a good list. I put Belichick on because he won quite a bit after Spy gate, so it wasn’t the cheating. But I understand the dislike LOL

Back
Top Bottom